Strafe Running
I was playing 1.0.4 just now, and I was strafe running, as I tend to do, and I realized that I was going faster than what I am used to.

I don't know if it's just me, but after playing 1.1 almost right after, I felt like I was going slower.

Keep in mind, this is all while strafe running, so I guess my question is: has anyone else noticed a difference between 1.1 and 1.0.4 when strafe running?
Thanks given by:
Your current fov greatly alters how fast you will perceive that you're moving. AFAIK the running speed didn't change at all.
Thanks given by:
I had the same fov for both versions
Thanks given by:
Many people have complained about that, and the reason has nothing to do with running speed itself. Not sure what it is exactly, but you can trust that I checked to make sure it still takes 11 seconds to get from CLA to RVSF in ac_depot. ;-)
Thanks given by:
It's graphics. Plain look and feel of the game. Not there. However the 1.0.4 vrs 1.1 argument has been fought time and again and it's not going to matter whether or not that 1.0.4 is better, because .93 KICKS ASS. So we are stuck with the fact that 1.1 fails graphically. However it doesn't matter because devically we are forced to accept what they give us. Welcome to AC boys and girls. Play the game. It's fun. Unless you wanna drop it like it's hot, 2 million dollars bitches... this the mafia son, then you gonna join the boat like ole Kell here and get yur phrag on! By the way different versions means different feel. Strafe still the same. Get used to it. :).
Thanks given by:
Duuuude.
Nobody is forcing you to play 1.1.
Thanks given by:
i must say, i didnt notice a difference.

i didnt notice any difference between the sniper change either.
Thanks given by:
I noticed a really big difference between 1.0 and 1.1, and that was that my FPS was literally half or more than the FPS I had in 1.0. I know I'm not the only one, and to this day, I don't really know why. I remember Brahma saying that it had something to do with new features that used more CPU on the client.

It definitely did make the game feel "slower", although in reality it isn't. It's all in your head :)
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 11, 11:55AM)Syntax Wrote: I noticed a really big difference between 1.0 and 1.1, and that was that my FPS was literally half or more than the FPS I had in 1.0. I know I'm not the only one, and to this day, I don't really know why. I remember Brahma saying that it had something to do with new features that used more CPU on the client.

It definitely did make the game feel "slower", although in reality it isn't. It's all in your head :)

YES FINALLY! I also had an fps drop from 1.0.4 to 1.1, and the strange thing is it wasn't in the "alpha" release. When shadows were disabled, my framerate would be a steady 80-90fps, but when they were enabled they would go from 60fps to 120fps (my previous normal framerate). D:

About straferunning: Hua, your mind is playing tricks.
Thanks given by:
You guys had an FPS drop? My FPS in 1.0 was 120-140, and now it is 180 - 220 :D
Thanks given by:
(30 Jan 11, 05:23PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: You guys had an FPS drop? My FPS in 1.0 was 120-140, and now it is 180 - 220 :D

You suck :<

PJ is also pretty high, usually in this 50's. It's a lot harder to play due to this, warping, etc. I'm not really sure if PJ is related to FPS, but it seems like whenever gameplay gets choppy, PJ gets up too. Typically speaking the lower the FPS, the higher the PJ. Ping is usually fine, it does spike occasionally, but it's not as much of an annoyance as high packet jump.
Thanks given by:
I feel you. Take the blue pill and the gamespeed levels out tho...
Thanks given by:
Feels pretty equal to me
Thanks given by:
My FPS hasn't dropped, it's rised, to be honest, but something just feels different about strafe running, now that I focus in on it.

I personally believe 1.1 is better than 1.0.4, but that's just me.
Thanks given by:
I would like to apologize a little. I meant to be like go 1.1 up there but it ended up coming at like boo 1.1. Sorry about that. I think I was trying to make a comment on the graphics and how that affects the feel of the strafe, but again I think I missed my goal. I can only blame my responsibly drank rum befuddled brain of last night. Sorry dudes. I like 1.1 to be honest and can't wait for this new version I've been hearing about 1.1.0.5 or something.

Back on topic.
Thanks given by: