DARK problem
theres this fella called (DARK) sith that claims i stole his clan name, even tho nobody has ever heard of them. they played on the old version of the game, 1.1.01, so when i saw them while goin thru servers , thought i'd download the older version and talk to him, maybe get his clan to join mine? instead he goes into an all out rage and threatens to hack me etc, then goes nice for a few mins and asks to be co-leader of my clan, and when i said no, fella rages again... now hes stalking my clan site (which i have no idea how he got?). He claims his clan has 30 members, even though i dont see anyone play on the older protocol anymore :/ and this is the first i heard of him. His clan doesnt have a site, etc. and hes getting to my members by stalking them... can u guys help me out here?
Thanks given by:
Is he foaming at the mouth?
If so, you may have to give up your clan name.
Thanks given by:
lol we arent giving up our name for some nutjob? just need a solution, if ac community can help.... this fella is getting to my members as well... look at our site chatroom darkclanxd.webs.com ... he posed as reaper. some of his members even said he was a nutjob....
Thanks given by:
I dunno mate, try posting on the blacklist thread (be sure to use the proper format). Plenty of server owners are willing to blacklist tag abusers.
Now it's a matter of figuring out who is abusing whose tag.
Thanks given by:
I recall a player called darksith or how ever you spell it
Thanks given by:
ok. If u guys see him , can u guys ban him ? ill need to wait till tomorow when he stalks me again to get his ip address....
he says i stole his clan name even though nobody has heard of him at all till now since he played on ver 1.1.01 before today.... jeezus he doesnt even have a site and he calls himself a clan....
Thanks given by:
You, Darkwing, have been playing with the |DARK| tag since 4 January.
(DARK)Sith has been using that tag (in 1.1) since 22 December.
Just sayin'...
I don't think it's right to call for his being banned, just because you have better PR.
Thanks given by:
i'll teabag him if i see him!

and get a /whois on him.
Thanks given by:
No clan is ever official, but server owners will do what they want. Personally, on ausD servers, they will not be banned.
Thanks given by:
let him tell what he wants,
in other cases, ban him.

make fun of him in the game ;)
Thanks given by:
On the other hand, his poor behavior may be a bit beyond the question of tag abuse...
Thanks given by:
The tag abuse isnt the area where you could have this guy banned sadly... The stalking, abuse, etc. looks like a much friendly road to go down if BANISHMENT!!!! is your goal for the guy.
Thanks given by:

As far as I'm concerned it's first come, first serve. If you haven't done that yet and someone else does you're SOL.

I understand people's desire to help, but this is all that needed to be said. It should be put in a FAQ in my honest opinion. There's little sense in answering the same kind of question again and again.
Thanks given by:
we're on the wiki , etc. i was willing to let him co-lead when if he joins us , but not anymore.... he said he'd hack etc , gave me names of alot of viruses etc... not that im scared or anything, i've got 4 antiviruses running lol. but hes getting to some of my members ...
i've been using |DARK| since the start of the hols , which was way back in november
(29 Jan 11, 10:32AM)jamz Wrote: You, Darkwing, have been playing with the |DARK| tag since 4 January.
(DARK)Sith has been using that tag (in 1.1) since 22 December.
Just sayin'...
I don't think it's right to call for his being banned, just because you have better PR.

I was fine with letting his clan be , stay on the old version.. but he comes over and calls me a fake, and liar. even tho nobody has ever heard of him. he thinks he that famous , that he goes around asking people "have you heard of me?" , then when they say no, he gives out his info randomly saying "my name is john wilson , im from new york manhatten" over and over like a nutcase....
Thanks given by:
Just ignore him, if you have a server, get his ip, and ban him from your servers. He'll run out of steam if you don't rise up to his stalking.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 11, 11:40PM)Darkwing Wrote: we're on the wiki , etc.

Good job!
Thanks given by:
Ignore him, he's get bored.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 11, 11:40PM)Darkwing Wrote: i've got 4 antiviruses running lol.

WTF, 4 antivirus programs running??
This mean the 4 programs is fighting who is to control the protection and you have less protection.

Only have one antivirus program running and only have one firewall.
Thanks given by:
His name It's Robert Paulson?? YOU DO NOT TALK ABOUT HE FIGHT CLUB!!! xD
Thanks given by:
no i configured all of them not to intefere with each other..... ive got zonealarm,avast,avg,mcaffee,norton working at the same time. zonealarm doesnt really count but ohwell
Thanks given by:
Holy heck.
What's your FPS?
Never mind. Yeah! Ban the nutjob! Hopefully he gets a different job.
Thanks given by:
yeah lol. found his ip address but i dont think im allowed to post here
ohhh fps in ac varies from map to map, but generally its pretty smooth , average around 50-60 fps
Thanks given by:
This is where that goes.
Thanks given by:
"zonealarm,avast,avg,mcaffee,norton working at the same time"

-None of them count, but running them all at the same time puts your effectiveness quotient somewhere in the double digit negative. I personally run notepad and am eating grilled cheese sandwiches on gold rimmed crystal plate.

Vodka4all
Thanks given by:
I take it all of your antivirus's are free versions :P I have zonealarm extreme, all paid for and thats all you should need. Got a major virus that almost destroyed my computer once (and a few from Assaultcube) but it stopped it.
Thanks given by:
i got a year's subscription of norton free when i got my laptop, and paid for mcaffee. avg , avast and zonealarm are free just in case ya know? never hurts to overkill
Thanks given by:
Hate to ask, but... How can you get a virus from (the legit) AssaultCube?
Thanks given by:
(31 Jan 11, 01:26AM)V-Man Wrote: Hate to ask, but... How can you get a virus from (the legit) AssaultCube?

I'm just that skilled XD... No but this has been talked about and it came through a server somehow. No need to discuss.
Thanks given by:
yeah ive gotten a virus from ac before too. they embed it in a map then send it on a server and bow! everyone infected
Thanks given by:
If the thread's topic has been addressed, this should be closed.
Thanks given by: