Map Mod....
well im kinda new to blacklisting someone. I generally try not to blacklist but today when i got on my server someone voted up my map "baseball" and of course everyone voted yes because the map is incredibly awesome :P
only one problem...when it switched maps it went to a map that was simply a small room and in the middle it read "F*ck It (insert penis looking thing here)" so i went to my server logs and this is what they read:

"[xx.xx.xxx.xxx] V!P|Ares* sent map baseball, rev 31, 686 + 0(0) bytes written
[xx.xx.xxx.xxx client V!P|Ares* called a vote: load map 'baseball' in mode 'team deathmatch'
Demo discarded.
loaded map packages\maps\servermaps\incoming\baseball.cgz, 686 + 0(0) bytes.
Map height density information for baseball: H = 10.42 V = 158417, A = 15197 and MA = 1705
Game start: team deathmatch on baseball, 1 players, 15 minutes, mastermode 0, (map rev 31/686, temporary, 'getmap' prepared)
Demo recording started.
Game status: team deathmatch on baseball, 15 minutes remaining, open, 1 clients
cn name team score frag death tk ping role host
0 V!P|Ares* RVSF 0 0 0 0 120 normal xx.xx.xxx.xxx
Team CLA: 0 players, 0 frags
Team RVSF: 1 players, 0 frags
Status at 28-01-2011 19:45:44: 1 remote clients, 0.1 send, 0.4 rec (K/sec); Ping: #1043|38158|2086; CSL: #15|105|45 (bytes)
[xx.xx.xxx.xxx] disconnected client V!P|Ares* cn 0, 64 seconds"

I immediately erased it and replaced it with the actual one...is there anyway i can get back the one "Ares" sent so i can have "proof" (if the above isn't enough proof)?

// Mod edit: Removed IP until there is proof of something wrong doing.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 11, 08:39PM)JB|JustinBieber Wrote: blah blah blah...
I immediately erased it and replaced it with the actual one...is there anyway i can get back the one "Ares" sent so i can have "proof" (if the above isn't enough proof)?
You had to download in order to actually see the new features of the new map... and I can see that V!P|Ares sent the map with the same name: baseball. How did you manage to revert the map without *knowing* how to get the map that V!P|Ares sent? There should be a backup of baseball with a name with something like... baseball_3987291045.BAK (I do not know the ordering of numbers, but something similar) and find the map with the "small room." Although I could be wrong, as always, backups are created every time you download or save a map with the same name.

EDIT: I forgot to include something.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 11, 09:38PM)Yarukinasu Wrote: Blah Blah Blah
the files are backed up

I know they are backed up but where do i find them??

Thanks given by:
The backups are only made when you use /savemap from the client. /sendmap doesn't create backups, and if it was a new map that could only be found in /incoming, you just erased it.

Oh but if they are actually backed up they would be backed up in the same directory.
Thanks given by:
(29 Jan 11, 10:19PM)JB|JustinBieber Wrote: I know they are backed up but where do i find them??
As I said... if you don't know where to find the backups, how did you manage to revert? The backups should be located at username/AssaultCube_v1.1/packages/maps/ If not, then I don't know...

(29 Jan 11, 10:47PM)Gibstick Wrote: The backups are only made when you use /savemap from the client. /sendmap doesn't create backups, and if it was a new map that could only be found in /incoming, you just erased it.

Oh but if they are actually backed up they would be backed up in the same directory.
Yep, it should be backed up, since the map was downloaded from the client... at least, in order to see the changes on the map.
Thanks given by:
[quote='Yarukinasu' pid='34917' dateline='1296361702']
Quote:As I said... if you don't know where to find the backups, how did you manage to revert? The backups should be located at username/AssaultCube_v1.1/packages/maps/ If not, then I don't know...

Oh...for that i went to the |FOX| server which had my original map and then i went back to my server and resent the map

Thanks given by:
If you want to avoid it happening again (to this or a different map), make sure you keep frequent backups and use securemaps.cfg if you want more of an assurance.
Thanks given by:
you can also use the command "securemap (curmap)" when editing your map.
Thanks given by: