Recent AssaultCube rip-offs and scams...
Are the models, textures and sounds open source as well? Or is it just the code?
Thanks given by:
Their source code is downloadable on this page, btw. I know it's 50 megs still, but that's because it contains the whole game as well as the source code: http://assaultcubes.codeplex.com/SourceC...changesets

The models aren't licensed (before download you must agree to the GNU license though, so they're probably under that), although they included MS3D files and QC files. They use makkE's hands, with the same skin and everything, as well as the carbine. Apart from that, they have other models/skins. The pistol is the default, but it's been modified and possibly reskinned. If it hasn't been re-skinned, they've removed his name from the file.

Also, isn't AssaultCube's code under a Z-Lib license? You should probably tell them that they can't modify and re-release the code under a different license...

EDIT: I made a post on their forums here. Could someone tell me if I need to correct anything please, so that I don't make an a*** of myself? Thanks :)
Thanks given by:
(15 Apr 11, 12:38PM)StRaTo Wrote: Also, isn't AssaultCube's code under a Z-Lib license? You should probably tell them that they can't modify and re-release the code under a different license...

That doesn't apply to the original zlib license (in fact, that allows almost anything), however in the code license it says
Quote:additional clause specific to Cube:
4. Source versions may not be "relicensed" under a different license
without my explicitly written permission.

Additionally, if media files are subject to an NC clause, they can not be redistributed under GPL, because the GPL explicitly allows commercial redistribution.
Thanks given by: