No servers - Fresh Install
Hi I just downloaded and installed AC 1.1.0.4 today. I can do everything EXCEPT find any of the servers that should show up in the game list.

I scoured the wiki/docs and this forum and have done the following...

1. ping masterserver.cubers.net -- 150ms avg
2. ping assault.cubers.net -- 150ms avg
3. made sure port 28760 is not blocked
(to further guarantee #3 is clean, firewall disabled and router put in DMZ to my static ip)
4. to verify my isp doesn't block that port, I also tried via VPN which doesn't block any port [except for SMTP]

I go in game and pull up the multiplayer menu then to list servers. I do NOT get any error saying the server can't be reached. I watch the bar until its complete then nothing. I tried the F5 refresh. Still no servers show up. I use the Force Server Listing option - still no servers.

I'm running Windows 7 64-bit. I'm at a total loss - and have done quite a bit of reading/testing to no avail. Please help :(
Thanks given by:
Are you sure it is version 1.1.0.4 and not 1.0.4, type /version ingame. It sounds like you have version 1.0.4. Download the latest from here
Thanks given by:
There was a time yesterday when I couldn't get the serverlist either. Try again now.
Thanks given by:
(26 Jan 11, 11:02AM)Billybob Wrote: Are you sure it is version 1.1.0.4 and not 1.0.4, type /version ingame. It sounds like you have version 1.0.4. Download the latest from here

it says "version = 1104"
Now when I alt-tab out of the program to the assaultcube dos window I see

"master server is not replying" which naturally would make me think its a port issue but again, look above at all I have done for ports... even dmz mode on router and going vpn (no port blocked except SMTP) I'm totally stumped.

my servers.cfg file only says ""
Thanks given by:
#assaultcube on Quakenet.org
If you don't have an irc client try http://assault.cubers.net/irc.html

Also try http://cubelister.sourceforge.net/, then follow the instructions on how to add the new masterserver.
Thanks given by:
Just want to let people know that after all this and spending time with Gibstick in IRC, turned out a re-install fixed it. Must've had a corrupted file when I installed. Thanks for the help everyone especially Gibstick.
Thanks given by:
* MykeGregory waits for iminent thread closure
Thanks given by: