ac crash
I've never played before and everytime I try starting the game up or re installing it i get a message saying "AssaultCube Fatal error" in the message it says "Win32 Exception: 0xc0000005 [0x8] 0". Ive tried installing it on my memory stick, my desktop multiple times but every new time I still get the same message. I will be able to get past the initial loading screen and the music starts but after that the screen goes black and the only way to get out is to use ctrl alt delete. Please help
Thanks given by:
Update your gfx card drivers!(!!!!!) Go to the manufacturer's site, download and install the latest. What card do you have?
Thanks given by:
i have looked further into it and have found i have found out my notexture.jpg file is missing, would that be of any concern. and to you gibstick i know i have a good enough card because i have recently upgraded it and this is a new(ish) computer. but thank you
or atleast the picture says missing content and my error message is linking back to it
Thanks given by:
Do what Gibstick said. This issue has come up time and time again and that almost always solves the problem.

http://forum.cubers.net/search.php?actio...order=desc
Thanks given by:
For installing on pendrive - use the portable version avaible on portableapps.com so ac shouldn't conflict with these files placed in "My documents" (you are on windows I suppose)
Thanks given by:
ok i did look up my card driver and there was one missing, ive now downloaded it but the same problem still comes up. For anyone who need it my computer is vista 64bit, a toshiba, ATI 3100 radeon mobility, with 2gb of ram
Thanks given by:
I think it must be a bug in your hardware.
Thanks given by:
ive tried reinstalling and redownloading it from different sources though and every time i get the same message. I was wondering if its even possible to run ac on a 64 bit system because the file says win 32.
Thanks given by:
This type of error you get I also get some time
try typing
/resetcfg 1
in your game and quit the game immediately you do it and open Ac
tell me if it works

Thanks given by:
i cant get far enough in the game, the part i get to is the loading screen where it says assault cube loading and then loads some map underneath, this is where it cuts out on me
Thanks given by:
What operating system are you using?
Can you manually find the notexture.jpg file in the AssaultCube directory?
It should be in the "AC home directory > packages > misc" folder.
Are you trying to run it using the ac_client.exe file or the assaultcube.bat file?
Also read the graphics card website's support section to make sure it can support OpenGL!
Thanks given by:
i am using windows vista 64 bit, i can manually find the notexture.jpg file. When I use the ac_client.exe then i get the notexture.jpg error but when i use assaultcube.bat i get the win32 exception error
Thanks given by:
That's a good start.
Make sure you're using the bat file, it passes the correct arguments to ac_client.exe.
Something tells me you'd get the win32 exception using ac_client.exe if you could only get past the "notexture.jpg missing" problem -- which adds another point to the probability that your card simply doesn't support OpenGL. D:
Thanks given by:
it can support openGL by the way. It can support OpenGL 4.1

Thanks given by:
Aaaaaaand down to zero percent.
Someone else needs to take over, I'm out of clue. :/
Thanks given by:
what if im wrong and it doesnt support openGL, the text on the site is very confusing about it openGL. It can support other 3d first person shooters of much higher quality though
Thanks given by:
Copy paste the first few lines of the AC window before the crash, if you can. The lines will look something like (although yours won't have datestamps):
Jan 22 19:41:56 Using home directory: C:\Users\Gibstick\Documents\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4
current locale: English_Canada.1252
Jan 22 19:41:56 init: sdl
Jan 22 19:41:57 init: net
Jan 22 19:41:57 init: world
Jan 22 19:41:57 init: video: sdl
Jan 22 19:41:57 init: video: mode
Jan 22 19:41:59 init: video: misc
Jan 22 19:41:59 init: gl
Jan 22 19:41:59 Renderer: GeForce GT 330M/PCI/SSE2 (NVIDIA Corporation)
Jan 22 19:41:59 Driver: 3.3.0
Jan 22 19:41:59 init: console
Jan 22 19:42:00 init: sound
Jan 22 19:42:00 Audio devices:
Jan 22 19:42:00 Sound: Generic Software / Software (Creative Labs Inc.)
Jan 22 19:42:00 Driver: 1.1
Jan 22 19:42:00 init: cfg
Jan 22 19:42:01 init: models
Jan 22 19:42:03 init: docs
Jan 22 19:42:03 init: localconnect

If it crashes before you can copy-paste those lines, append
>> log.txt
to your assaultcube.bat, after the %1 %2 %3 etc. and copy paste from "log.txt".
Thanks given by:
The difference between OpenGL and other graphics libraries isn't quite a matter of quality as it is a matter of protocol -- think of the graphics drawing method like a language. If your card doesn't speak OpenGL, no amount of quality will overcome that.
Edit: Thanks Gibstick! :D
Thanks given by:

I dont get that, instead I get a command prompt window saying this

C:\Program Files (x86)\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4>bin_win32\ac_client.exe --home="?MYD
OCUMENTS?\AssaultCube_v1.1" --init
Using home directory: C:\Users\Owner\Documents\AssaultCube_v1.1
current locale: English_Canada.1252
init: sdl
init: net
init: world
init: video: sdl
init: video: mode
init: video: misc
init: gl
Renderer: ATI Radeon 3100 Graphics (ATI Technologies Inc.)
Driver: 2.1.7873 Release
init: console
init: sound
Audio devices:
Sound: Generic Software / Software (Creative Labs Inc.)
Driver: 1.1
init: cfg
init: models
init: docs
init: localconnect
read map packages/maps/official/ac_desert2.cgz rev 2 (90 milliseconds)
Desert City by Nieb
loaded textures (840 milliseconds)
loaded mapmodels (15 milliseconds)
loaded mapsounds (1149 milliseconds)
game mode is "TDM"
init: mainloop
Welcome to AssaultCube
Developed by 'Rabid Viper Productions'

Use the below menu to change some necessary settings...

Further help & information can be found in your README, which is inside your Ass
aultCube directory.

C:\Program Files (x86)\AssaultCube_v1.1.0.4>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

when i "press any key" it exits the cmd. I fi try installing on a different computer will that do any difference, my friend had the portable version on his memory stick and we copied and pasted to mine but my memory stick broke soon after. The point of that was that the the version he downloaded worked on my computer. If i download from another computer might that change anything
Thanks given by:
I don't know, but you can try downloading the portable version to see what happens. And just to be sure, you downloaded the driver from http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/wi...-64.aspx#1, right?

Hi fellow Canadian!
Thanks given by:
yah ive tried already and same error, maybe its just my computer or something, or as de man put it my openGL driver. Thanks guys but I dont think this game is supposed to be mine if it takes all this trouble. No need to really comment anymore. Ive tried everything and nothing works
Thanks given by:
My drien have the same problem...
Thanks given by:
Just saying that the portable apps version might be out of date, as they are 3rd party developers.
Thanks given by: