Texture Problem
I go to input my own custom texture (just a simple snow floor/wall). It's a .jpg, or JPEG file. 256x256, both a divisor of 32. It patches evenly when side-by-side. Now, I make my own folder in the 'packages/textures' folder, ('parabyte') and put it in there. I load up a custom map with it's own config file, and I paste the location either by adding to or removing one of the default textures. I have not added any more that that one. It is at the very end of the list. I scroll through all of the textures, and voila: "couldn't load 'packages/textures/parabyte/snow.jpg'" and it comes out as the default 'missing content' texture. Help?
Thanks given by:
firstly, double check that your image isn't actually called "snow.jpg.jpg" - as windows sometimes hides filename extensions.

Secondly, double check the case in the filename, as AssaultCube is case-sensitive. Also check the case in the cfg/cgz files.
Thanks given by:
I did, and it is snow.jpg. It was that before, I corrected it. And it is lower case in both the .CFG file and the folder. I don't know why this isn't working. I copied the EXACT form of the other textures, save for my own folder. I even tried saving in one of the default folders, (i.e. makke's folder) and it still wouldn't work.
Thanks given by:
Make sure you are using the right cfg file, ie comment out a few textures you are using, and seeing if that makes your map look really funky.
Thanks given by:
It is the right config file, I know because it shows up as missing content, when I go to the very end of the list, where my texture is. However, when I uncomment and paste in another one of the textures that are specific to some of the default maps, it works. For instance, I used makkE's black instead of the 'missing content' texture.
Thanks given by:
(24 Jan 11, 06:26PM)Parabyte Wrote: It is the right config file, I know because it shows up as missing content, when I go to the very end of the list, where my texture is. However, when I uncomment and paste in another one of the textures that are specific to some of the default maps, it works. For instance, I used makkE's black instead of the 'missing content' texture.

Try using a smaller size of the snow.jpg, if your picture is to high in pixel ratio it may take to long to load. this has happened to me before.
Thanks given by:
Raimus: " [...] It's a .jpg, or JPEG file. 256x256, both [...] "

Parabyte: Try this: make a test.cfg with only your texture in it. Then make a new test.cgz. If it still won't show up, something must be wrong with your image file.

Thanks given by:
The error message I get is 'couldn't load textures/parabyte/snow.jpg'. I have tried it in different levels, none worked.

I don't know how to MAKE my own cfg, i just copied the default one, changed the name, and then commented/added my texture. It's not a huge deal, since there are some default snow ones, but if it comes to where I need a custom, i'm in trouble.
Thanks given by:
Just make a text file and rename it to test.cfg
Thanks given by:
PM me your cfg and cgz file and i'll see what's up myself :)
Thanks given by: