Mac server
Hey guys,
I have been trying to make a server for awhile. I know how to make it with a router but the problem is, I don't have a router. I have an airport. portforward.com doesn't seem to work and is way outdated. I run on a leopard mac laptop. Can be ethernet or wifi doesn't matter. Can anyone tell me what to do.
Thanks given by:
Airport takes signal from router which gives internet. You know how you have your wifi name when you click on airport? yea thats the router
Thanks given by:
ok thanks :P sometimes this stuff gets confusing if you know what I mean.
Thanks given by:
http://www.scribd.com/doc/24621937/Mac-Server-Tutorial

Airport Express or Extreme?
Thanks given by:
it is the extreme
Thanks given by:
I have done this many times. Follow the tutorial THESOUNDOFRAP gives you cause it is really great. However, in the beginning, for port forwarding, you need to be an admin on your Airport. Go to Airport Utility, select your Extreme, and click on Manual Setup. Enter your password, then go to Advanced>Port Mapping. Click the + button. In the window that pops up, don't enter a service, but add 28763, 28764 for all the public and private UDP/TCP boxes. In the IP address box, enter you IP by going to http://whatsmyip.org . Click Continue, then in the first box, enter AssaultCube. Click Done, then Update. Follow the rest of the tutorial and you are all set!
Thanks given by:
Thank you JGAN I will try when I get back to my fathers house :D
Thanks given by:
no problem tell me how it goes and give me admin XD
Thanks given by:
:D I dont think I know you. You in any clan?
Thanks given by:
I'm in {FsC} right now. Also, for the answer I gave you, it may (probably) will be wrong. It seems that Apple has changed some things since I last did it, not to mention the fact that I was on a Time Capsule. I thought it was the same, but software and firmware updates are different for the systems and the setup is a little different. To test if it works, go to http://canyouseeme.org and enter the ports listed. If it doesn't work, I will have an answer for you ASAP. I have just got an Extreme so you are in luck :)
Thanks given by:
Alright turns out that with the masterserver down, things are different. When you go to port mapping and enter the ports, you need to enter your local IP address, which should be static. To make it static, go to Airport Utility>Internet>DHCP . Then check your DHCP Ending Address and choose a IP address outside of that range. For example, if my Ending Adress is 10.0.1.200, I would pick 10.0.1.201. That number will be your IP address. Go to System Prefernces>Network and select your connection. CLick Advanced, and then TCP/IP. . Click the drop-down menu under Configure IPv4 and select Using DHCP with manual address. In the box, enter the IP address you just picked. Click OK, then Apply. Then go to Airport Utilty>Advanced>Port Mapping. Click the AC service, then hit Edit. For the IP address, enter your local IP, which is the one you just used in System Preferences. Click Continue>Done then go to IPv6 . Make the IPv6 Mode->Router . Then click IPv6 Firewall and add a new exception by hitting the + . Enter your description, and then your local IP address. The TCP and UDP ports should be 28763-28764 . Click Done, then Update. Follow the rest of the tutorial that goes through the AssaultCube Launcher.

Good luck,
JGAN
Thanks given by:
Hey cool - my tutorial is still being used! :D

I made this tutorial a while ago - if anyone thinks there is something I should update in it - please tell me so, though I think it still works quite well.

Good luck on the server!
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 12:10AM)jesseoffy Wrote: Hey cool - my tutorial is still being used! :D

I made this tutorial a while ago - if anyone thinks there is something I should update in it - please tell me so, though I think it still works quite well.

Good luck on the server!

yea ive been using these for a while. very helpful, but next time do it with an airport cause that took me some time to figure out on my own hehe. you maybe could update it to the new version, but it is nice as it is now. btw, i live in rochester also. these thunderstorms are killing my roadrunner internet :P
Thanks given by:
hehe. Do any of you know if the Mac Server Application has been updated? The one mentioned in "Step 5" of my guide...
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 01:38AM)jesseoffy Wrote: hehe. Do any of you know if the Mac Server Application has been updated? The one mentioned in "Step 5" of my guide...

oh yea i forgot to add...where the hell do i find that?! i want to use it i had it once but lost it :P
Thanks given by:
look in the manual - I remember uploading it to a hosting website. Well, if it works it works, if not you'll have to wait cause I'm going on vacation for a week.
Thanks given by:
(10 Aug 10, 10:17AM)jesseoffy Wrote: look in the manual - I remember uploading it to a hosting website. Well, if it works it works, if not you'll have to wait cause I'm going on vacation for a week.

yea the link expired. I can host if for you i guess?
Thanks given by:
It says this. on your website canyouseeme.org

Error: I could not see your service on 70.181.x.x on port (28763)
Reason: Connection timed out
Thanks given by:
Canyouseeme.org doesn't work with UDP.
Thanks given by:
Just google something like: find my IP - and remember, it will tell you your server IP address...
Thanks given by:
bballn45 did you follow the new set of instructions i gave you? canyouseeme.org should give you the "connection refused" error, not a "connection timed out" error.
Thanks given by:
Yes I got it working, my server works but it lags after 3 people join :/ All that pain for nothing ....
Thanks given by:
ouch XD are my n00bish instructions any good? jw
Thanks given by:
YES it works but i have a horrible internet connection I guess.
Thanks given by:
haha ok well great to know.
Thanks given by:
i dont think the guide work anymore since when i go to portforward.com and click my routher model it says that u have to buy something
Thanks given by:
(26 Sep 10, 05:35PM)Ash Wrote: i dont think the guide work anymore since when i go to portforward.com and click my routher model it says that u have to buy something

just google your router model and port forwarding or check your manual. and use your own thread :P n00b
Thanks given by:
Edit: moved to http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1595.html
Thanks given by: