Spammers
There have been a couple people lately that have been going into servers and spamming like crazy. They avoid the spam detection by using a script that changes their name really fast and it spams up the chat bar! Help?? I know they have been in a ton of servers and they keep coming back :(
Thanks given by:
/ignore cn
in order to solve the least.
Thanks given by:
Even ignoring the CN doesn't help because it only ignores what they say...not their name changes
Thanks given by:
Looks like the devs should add a nicks/minute to the lines/minute limit. A connects/min limit would be useful too.
Thanks given by:
Maybe tell us what servers and time this was.
So server owners can look in logs and blacklist if needed.
Thanks given by:
Look at the blacklist forum! Someone posted it there a couple minutes ago
Thanks given by:
so does it keep changing the CN of the player also? you cant just call a kick vote...
Thanks given by:
Kick them for now.
And yes, name-changes should be counted in the anti-spam code.
Thanks given by:
i have also seen this in MyS servers and many others, it very hard to kick them, inferno and i were in a game and took 15 mins to ban this guy. Getting a vote in is not hard, but when you are one vote away from banning, they leave and just come back. This continued till we got all players to vote fast enough for the vote to go through.

I should have gotten demo and ss, but inferno and i were just trying to get him kicked.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 11, 08:57PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Maybe tell us what servers and time this was.
So server owners can look in logs and blacklist if needed.

Unfortunately, I disagree. But we all know that's the best we can hope for.
Thanks given by:
I guess it is a daily problem :P, but then i would have to be blacklisted. Since i am a professional spammer and all.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 11, 08:15PM)Panda Wrote: A connects/min limit would be useful too.

Then what happens in a match when your player DC's and you are losing by say a flag, you have to wait the extra time for to rejoin, by which point the game could end :(

What this game needs is a pausing cfg like in Sauer.

Thanks given by:
Jason Wrote:What this game needs is a pausing cfg like in Sauer.
I agree, or is it too complex. :P
Thanks given by:
Just don't start the match until you're ready haha.

I have been kicked from matches before for refusing to wait until someone goes potty or whatever the case may be. It's no skin off my nose :) They now look like wimps and have to find another player.

Back to the topic, has tho OP been addressed?
Thanks given by: