server: DHCP-woes
Hi guys my problem today is that I made a server. I forwarded ports and everything. But everytime i want to run my server it says master server regristraition failed. But I runned my server today a while ago and yesterday and it said masterserver regristration succeeded. But finds out today it says master server regristration failed and failed pinging server. I dont know whats the problem. I added exceptions for ports 28763 and 28764. I even truned off my firewall and stoo all running anitvirus programs. I also disabled respond to pinging on my router. My router is a Embarq 660 Series WRT54G. Please if anyone could help me with this i would appreciate it a lot!!:)
Thanks given by:
This can happen when you restart your computer.
You forwarded the ports to eg. 192.168.100.1, then after a reboot, your computer gets given 192.168.100.2 - the ports are no longer forwarded to the correct IP. Check where the ports are forwarded to and your computer's IP address.
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 11, 08:27PM)|GOD|Uranus Wrote: I also disabled respond to pinging on my router.
I don't know if you actually meant that, but you want to ENABLE WAN ping replies.
Thanks given by:
So every time i restart my computer i have to forward the ports over again?? Also I have my router put to Wan-Lan is tat good or is it supposed to be Lan-Wan?? Oh and lol i disabled my PING thing on my router but ima enable it. So the PING i have to enable on my router Wan-Lan or Lan-Wan?? Okay my default gateway IP is : 192.168.2.1 So i typed tat in the browser because tats my routers IP address. SO i went to NAT and forwarded ports, Start Port: 28763 and End Port:28764. So than I typed in the IP Address for my server which is my IPv4 Address which is this one: 192.168.2.2 So tats my server IP tat i forwarded too so it looks like this.:
Start Port:28763 End Port:28764 IP Address: 192.168.2.2
So tats how i forwarded my ports. But i dont get why it says masterserver regristration failed:( Also sometimes my masterserver regrestration succeeds when i only type this is on my servercmdline.:
-oWelcome to |GOD|Clan Server
-n\f1|GOD|Clan Server
-f28763
-c14
-Xconfig/serverpwd.cfg

Tats when my masterserver sometime succeeds but when i want to type more stuff like:
-PfkBMASRCDEW
-MCURD
-Iconfig/serverinfo.
-T
Thats when it doesnt work idk y??
Wait a second i found something under my rule of my router tat their is something that says source IP and Destination IP i never fillled those in for my AC Server do i have to fill them in??
Thanks given by:
I personally think the ping on your router doesn't matter but I could be wrong. You only have to forward the ports every time you reboot if the Local IP of your AC server changes. To get around this, you should configure the server with a static IP e.g. 192.168.2.2 (You should check with your router to make sure that this is within the range of valid IPs, sometimes routers make you use numbers 100-255 for the last digit of the IP).

It sounds like you found firewall/blocking rules on your router. :? Normally you don't need to mess with those. If you setup port forwarding correctly normally the router handles adding exceptions to built-in firewalls/blockers. I know that my old router sometimes got screwed up with firewall exceptions so I had to completely remove the port forwarding entry and re-add it.

Do you have any firewall/security software running on your server? It could well be blocking network traffic. Either turn it off completely (not recommended) or add some kind of exception for the AC server application and/or ports you're using.

If your server registers sometimes but not others, then I'd say that it's a server configuration problem, perhaps your server is being rejected by the masterserver, but I've never run a server so I can't say for sure.
Thanks given by:
Okay i truned off my firewall. I did server_wizard.bat and it said masterserverregristration succeeded. So it works now only problem is that i tell people if they can find my server and they say no. So they can't find it. But last time static ip messed up my computers internet and i had to call my service provider. SO i had to fix it cause static ip messed it up. But how can i make my server viewable to others because my clan dudes i ask them if they can see my server and they say no. So i want to make it viewable to others??
Thanks given by:
Static LAN IP and static WAN (public) IP are not the same thing. Static LAN IP is just so that the port forwarding on your router doesn't need to be changed. I don't know if you need a static WAN IP for AC or not since I've never run a server, but a simple solution would be to use a (free) service like DynDNS.org, to get a static hostname that points to a dynamic WAN IP.

Can you just clarify what you mean by other people can't see your server? You mean it's not listed on the masterserver list in the AC client? Or are your clan dudes trying to connect to your server directly? Maybe you're giving them the wrong WAN IP. Again, having a static hostname solution is the easiest thing to do. Usually, getting a static WAN IP from your Internet Service Provider costs money, or worst case they won't/can't do it.
Thanks given by:
Well now i know why my server wasn't listed. Because than it masterserver regrestration failed because of ping server. So i set my router as Wan-Lan right. And okay im going to try that website to see if it works. And i dont get why at 1st it says master server regristration suceeded but than later it said masterserver regristraion failed because of pinging server.
Thanks given by:
(19 Jan 11, 07:19PM)Darkbee Wrote: I personally think the ping on your router doesn't matter but I could be wrong.

Server not registered, masterserver could not ping you
The server would work but won't get registered on the MS.

(19 Jan 11, 10:53PM)|GOD|Uranus Wrote: Well now i know why my server wasn't listed. Because than it masterserver regrestration failed because of ping server. So i set my router as Wan-Lan right. And okay im going to try that website to see if it works. And i dont get why at 1st it says master server regristration suceeded but than later it said masterserver regristraion failed because of pinging server.

Sometime the problem is temporary and fixes itself. If it doesn't work it will try again in forty minutes. Maybe you can wait to see if it works then?
Thanks given by:
ICMP is not required - this is the type of packet the ping program uses; when the masterserver says you were not registered this means your ports aren't forwarded properly.

I haven't read all the details, but I saw the registration once succeeded - so the basic forwarding of ports has been accomplished - now the only question remaining is whether the router can be configured to use either the MAC-Address of the PC's ethernet-card to handle the port-forwarding with changing LAN-IP-addresses (DHCP) or it can assign a static LAN-IP to the client so the forwarding doesn't need to be fixed for each/every-other boot.

If the masterserver says registration successful anyone with an up-to-date list from the masterserver (press F5 in serverbrowser to re-get the list) will see it, possibly not on the first page though. For an idiot-proof (well, given a clever enough idiot (haha)) way to verify visibility:
1) while AC is not running: delete the config/servers.cfg (check game-home too)
2) start AC
3) do NOT use the menu to go to the serverbrowser!
4) enter "/addserver 123.123.123.123" (real IP or HOSTNAME - no quotes)
5) enter "/showmenu server"
HTH
Thanks given by:
So is the real ip, the ip of my internet or which 1?? do i have to put the slash for commands and put showmenu? So i delete the whole entire thing on config/servers.cfg which is the one with all these ips??
Thanks given by: