Clan Match - IRC
Clan Match - IRC

Are you tired of long hours of searching for clan matches online, are your fingers aching of continuous f3 searching, are you annoyed with going through one clan irc to the next looking for that one match, are the one that gets so happy when you finally find that clan you have been wanting to match, just to find out they are busy, have you just given up hope for of finding an easy solution?

Well, your in luck. I give you the Clan Match - IRC.

What does this IRC do exactly and how does it work ? Well... ill tell you.

(above was for fun, but somewhat serious to the reason i decided to make this post.)

-First, i know some people may have thought about this idea before, may even have been brought up, but no one ever fulfilled the idea.

Also if you think this is a great idea or has potential, or have ideas to add, please do.

If you find this to be a horrible idea, or just dont think it will work, than say so. ( give a reason to why you dont think it would work, then just saying - its a bad idea- .)

What is the CM - IRC.

CM-IRC, will be an IRC for Ac clans/players to more easily find Clan matches, practices, scrimmages and mappers.

How this will be conducted:

First for Ex: lets say you are looking for a 3v3 clan match, you can either go to the IRC and change your name to ex: unarmed_3v3_CM, ( this shows that you are waiting for a 3v3 clan match) sit and wait till someone comes on that is also looking for a clan match to see that you are waiting for a 3v3cm, or you can go search on the CM irc for someone that has there name up as 3v3 CM.

( if you dont understand how i explain it above sry i only know one way of explaining it and you know sometimes what is in your head doesn't always come out the same way when you type/write it.)

Ex: of abbreviations that will be used, and the meanings of them.

unarmed_3v3_CM < meaning a 3v3 clan match.
unarmed_1v1_P < meaning a 1v1 practice match.
unarmed_2v2_S < meaning a 2v2 scrimmage match.
unarmed_coop_M < meaning coop mapping.
unarmed_inter_CM < meaning interclan match.

Edit: Also could use a clan name ex: NuN|3v3_M

Now before changing your name for a match or pm someone about their match, be sure all members within the match are ready to play before posting you have a match waiting.

Also people may have problems with not wanting to change their names, some may think it will look stupid with that on my name, etc. but i dont know of another way. Unless i make a webpage with an embedded IRC for just this, ( suggested by Ronald_Reagan ) which wouldn't be a prob. If enough people want it ill make it.

Now the numbers pertaining to the verse are not subject to only 3v3 for clan matches, any number can be used 2v2_CM, 5v5_CM, etc. This goes for all types of matches.

Now if the match is started, either take off the abbreviations, ( so you wont get pmed over and over again for the match) or you can add at the end _AC, to show that the match is in progress and to not bother them.

To get a match started, once someone finds a match they were searching for on the CM IRC, you simply PM that person for the server, and when they will be ready to match. (asking when they would be ready is good, in case there are 2 or more of the same match on the irc, and if one is not quite ready you can ask the other one.)

This IRC is not meant to be a social IRC, its meant to discuss, clan matches and all that pertain to any type of match. This is to prevent clutter of unnecessary chit chat, that may interfere with trying to get a match going. (saying gg, or giving minimal stats on the match, or trying to get a match started are ok, but anything more than this will be considered as spamming or trolling, and will be kicked or banned.)

If this idea kicks off there will be multiple Ops, to watch for spammers, etc. Ops will be pick carefully, of course the respected ops of other IRC's ( if wanted to be an op ) will be considered first.

I think i touched on all the bases of this idea.

i know this was long :/

The Channel for this is already been made it is #ac-match @ gamesurge
Me and Ikljo have started the channel and are still working on all the, i guess you could say commands, which most are already done.

But the channel is ready to be used at anytime.

If this becomes very useful, i ask it to be made a sticky.

(excuse my grammar)

JoeSmith

Thanks given by:
Wow man you Troll. xD jk

But yeah this is a great idea.
Thanks given by:
I think it's a great idea. If I ever want a clan match I'll surely visit :)
Thanks given by:
TL;DR an IRC for organizing matches (#ac-match @gamesurge)

That aside, this is a very good idea. :D
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 11, 05:23AM)Joe Smith Wrote: but no one ever fulfilled the idea
False, this has been done before, and died after around 3 weeks, because people simply got bored/annoyed with the fact of always checking an irc /just/ for a match, and often it had no-one even it it.

Thanks given by:
Right now probably half the people on IRC use it for /just/ finding a match. :-P
Thanks given by:
Good job man ;) i still using it ^^
Thanks given by:
Nice idea!
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 11, 10:18AM)Prime Wrote:
(15 Jan 11, 05:23AM)Joe Smith Wrote: but no one ever fulfilled the idea
False, this has been done before, and died after around 3 weeks, because people simply got bored/annoyed with the fact of always checking an irc /just/ for a match, and often it had no-one even it it.

Hopefully if more people just 'try' it, it may work this time. Yes i can see people getting bored, but its meant to be more of an idle irc till, people show they are looking for a match or have one waiting.

I know people look for all types of matches all the time, and i see how this could be useful if everyone used it.

I dont see how checking an irc if hard, you just keep the cm-irc up in the background like many people do in other irc channels.

But the people that think it could work will spread the word, and use it. The ones that dont wont, simple.

I dont expect this to go full blown right away, so dont expect it either, but if you just idle and the more people see others on, the more they will use it.

thanks Wolf, and titi.

Thanks given by:
Just a quick question.
Whats wrong with asking on clans irc channel?

The idea is good, but i dont see why you cant ask on the already made irc channels that clans have.
Thanks given by:
(15 Jan 11, 08:49PM)DES|OpenSource Wrote: Just a quick question.
Whats wrong with asking on clans irc channel?

The idea is good, but i dont see why you cant ask on the already made irc channels that clans have.

You can go to many irc channels and ask for matches, but not every clan is in every clans IRC channel. So lets say your in your channel or in game, and you want to find a quick match, either you can go around asking all the clans on irc or go to dif servers asking for matches, or you can just go to one place that has clans already changing there names to 3v3_M and you can ask there without going to many dif places asking.

I can give several scenarios, to how people could use this, but this post would be even longer than it already is. So try and see it from multiple views of others and how they might be able to use it.

If every one braces this concept it can work very well, New clans and Veteran clans.

And Thanks OpenSource

if i get enough positive feedback, i will take the time to post this on many clans forums, to get more clans involved.
Thanks given by: