suggesting weapon-pickups and asking for more modes
So, i dunno if there's a forum for suggestion or i cant find it. how ever i'd like to suggest some stuff so it can interest more people in playing the game.

First thing i dunno if its possible, and its surely hard to code but, picking dead's weapons/ drop weapons would be very fun!.

Secondly : some new mode? we've got the same modes for years! building a new mode something like BOMB would be bunch of fun.

im not sure if those stuff are possible, but that would be great.
Thanks given by:
Make an effort ^^
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1947-post-31142.html
Ideas by your very own Mael
Thanks given by:
Note: Both things has been already suggested.

to 1)
This is totally in contrary to the current gameplay (primary weapon select before spawn, use of pickups). Beside this - as we know already, several people are reacting with insanity when slight changes like the amount of nades were introduced. And others deny themself for adapting in a different weapon handling since them. Therefore is easy to predict, that the developers aren't willing to do such a big step.

(So play UrbanTerror if you want this feature).

to 2)
You should more describe what you are meaning with BOMB? Placing a bomb (or more than one?)? Defusing it (or all)? Both? Playing with a time limit or is it necessary to reach a certain amount (of placed, defused bombs)?

And how does this fit in a team mode? Are all people allowed to place/defuse a bomb or have they pickup this ability (like carring/droping a flag?)
Thanks given by:
It could be similar to CS. Make it team survivor-like with 1 bomb close to the enemy's base and only one player from the team can place it, and anyone on the other can deactivate it. So the players in the bombers side must defend and the other attack, mostly with both trying to kill as much as they can of the other team so there is less of a threat. Then the next round, jobs change (attackers turn defender and vice versa).
Thanks given by:
Counter cube!
Thanks given by:
Apollo, i would hardly call slight change to what happened to the nades from 1.0 to 1.1.

Bunny, try iCTF.
Thanks given by:
i wondered if pickups would work. probs not for AC.

extra gametypes should be given to the bots first. then to us in multiplayer
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 11, 08:05PM)mykegregory Wrote: extra gametypes should be given to the bots first. then to us in multiplayer

I don't think that would work for half of the stuff that's being suggested.
I think a modded server would work.
Thanks given by:
1) I suggest this-dead player drop his ammo, for example you died with AR with 8 bullets left - another player with AR can pickup that 8 bullets and add to his ammo.
2) Nah, it would be a camping game and everyone hate camping.
Thanks given by:
FleshyPod- 1) yeah that's what i mean.

Apollo - 2) I thought its obvious... similar to cs/urbanterror. one team is planting the other has to defuse it, i mean... what wolf said.

@titi, i already play sauer and that's not what i look for.
Thanks given by:
I never played sauer ;)
Thanks given by:
the pickup (voluntary, not forced!) of dropped primarys has been re-discussed by the dev-team lately - we think it might be worth a try - but this will definitely not be attempted before 1.1.0.5 has come out. ATM our main objective is to clean up and consolidate the weaponry (balance mainly).
Thanks given by:
I do not like the idea of picking up dropped weapons. Part of the game is choosing the right weapon for the right time.
Thanks given by:
(16 Jan 11, 11:19PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I do not like the idea of picking up dropped weapons. Part of the game is choosing the right weapon for the right time.
I agree. Perhaps ammo would be worth trying in OSOK modes. Maybe even SURV. The thing is, ammo shouldn't be an issue there if you're playing correctly.
Thanks given by:
I say we keep there being no ammo in either mode, and remove the knife as well. This way we make it so if both people run out of ammo, they have to have a kick war. Set the stakes high!
Thanks given by:
I think the idea of picking up ammo is worth the try.
Thanks given by:
I don't like the idea of weapon pickups, that would almost defeat the purpose of choosing a weapon IMO. Ammo pickups doesn't sound too bad though.

Here's a crazy idea for a game mode: Team Tag. If you get shot and killed you're frozen on the spot and can't continue playing until a teammate "tags" you. If all team members of a team gets frozen (with no one left to unfreeze them) then the other team wins, and you start over.
Thanks given by:
Darkbee, this 'Tag' would be a rounds based mode? That goes to a certain limit of rounds?
Thanks given by:
i think in surv and Tsurv, players should start with one clip of ammo, would make people actually play tactically
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 11, 04:25PM)Vermi Wrote: i think in surv and Tsurv, players should start with one clip of ammo, would make people actually play tactically

...or it would change people into insane knifing rambos.
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 11, 04:55PM)FleshyPod Wrote:
(17 Jan 11, 04:25PM)Vermi Wrote: i think in surv and Tsurv, players should start with one clip of ammo, would make people actually play tactically

...or it would change people into insane knifing rambos.

Maybe in public matches, but not in a game with skilled players
Thanks given by:
T/Surv Pro?
Thanks given by:
(18 Jan 11, 09:20AM)Orynge Wrote: T/Surv Pro?

This would be fun! We could and a /Pro/ version of a few modes!
Thanks given by:
(17 Jan 11, 04:01PM)Prime Wrote: Darkbee, this 'Tag' would be a rounds based mode? That goes to a certain limit of rounds?

Not sure. Theoretically the "round" could never end. It could just be like a death match with the only exception that if one team is entirely frozen then everybody on that team has to respawn.

The key point is that teamwork and communication would be critical in such a game, as would using the map (to locate frozen teammates).

It was just an off-the-cuff suggestion though (when isn't it with me). :)
Thanks given by:
It reminds me "Jail" mode in some mod of Quake 2 - if you died you appear weaponless in a jail. Another free player can free you and you get a blaster for seek a revenge. If everyone in your team is in jail - opposite team win a game.
Thanks given by:
It's certainly not a new idea. Kids have played this game on the playground for decades. ;) Just hopefully not with guns. xD
Thanks given by: