Map doesn't meet quality requisites - even more related questions
Before anyone says "have you looked through the forums, there's a sticky about it, etc etc etc", yes I have. I have seen the thread about the requisites and it did help, but I still have questions that I need answered.
I am currently trying to get one of my maps to work correctly, and it is a quite large map (Gema map). My questions are these:

1. Does 1.1.0.4 actually specify which requisite is not met? For me it doesn't, but I may be doing it wrong (I am some sort of mapping noob)

2. How do I find the average ceiling height, or ceiling height at all. If it's supposed to be under 30 cubes average, how am I supposed to know if it is or not

3. 10 000 cubes of open space. Is that in a single area blocked off by occluding walls, or over the entire map?

An answer to any of these would help me finish my map and get it running. Remember that the map is a gema map and as a result is quite large, but most of the map is made up by huge blocks of occluding "f" walls, and mostly only long thin sections can be seen at one time, none of which add up to 10, 000 square cubes.
EDIT: As far as I know, the map goes up to near 5000 WQD in complicated sections, but if it does go over, it's very brief and not of much consequence to many computers. I've tried it on my old PC and it runs pretty well without lagging.

Thanks in advance, Frogulis.

ps. For anyone who doesn't know, Gema maps are racing maps, usually played in CTF to see who can get to the flag first at the end of the course.
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 11, 04:57AM)Frogulis Wrote: 1. Does 1.1.0.4 actually specify which requisite is not met?
More so than previous releases, but the client doesn't yet give you the reason if it's a large open space, or if the average height is too great.

Quote:2. How do I find the average ceiling height...
It may be inadequate, but a server log tells you the average height when you load, or try to load, the map.
Map height density information for ac_complex: H = 17.28 V = 599893, A = 34718 and MA = 2005
H = 17.28

Quote:3. 10 000 cubes of open space. Is that in a single area blocked off by occluding walls, or over the entire map?
Single area.

To get the relevant messages, I recommend you start a local server, load the map and check the log.
Thanks given by:
Hey,
Good reply...although it took a while to get it all working, I found that my flags were too close together according to the server log. Put them further apart and it still wouldn't work. One of the biggest rooms was rather large and must have gone over the 10, 000. A couple of walls later and the map was running
Anyways, thanks for the answers!
Thanks given by:
(13 Jan 11, 04:57AM)Frogulis Wrote: 2. How do I find the average ceiling height, or ceiling height at all. If it's supposed to be under 30 cubes average, how am I supposed to know if it is or not
There's really no reason for maps to have ceilings that high to begin with. (Yes, I know Gemas are an exception, however AC will never have these checks made less restrictive for the purpose of allowing more Gemas. At least I certainly hope not.)

Because of that, I don't think it will ever happen, but it has been suggested to add dialogs that actually tell you the reason your map doesn't meet the requisites and give some verbose information about it.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Because of that, I don't think it will ever happen, but it has been suggested to add dialogs that actually tell you the reason your map doesn't meet the requisites and give some verbose information about it.

Yeah, that would be useful addition to AC. Gemas aren't my only maps that have gone past the restrictions. It would be very good to know why.

A bit (lot) off topic, but does anyone actually know what the word gema means?
Thanks given by:
It certainly would be a nice addition.
Thanks given by: