Voting Woes
Hey all. Been playin' for a while, but ever since the new AC (1.1.0.4) came to be, I am not able to initiate any kick/ban voting. If I try to initiate a new map, I get "voting is disabled". Any clues? And thanks.[/b]
Thanks given by:
TO KICK:
/kick cn reason (more than 3 letters)

TO BAN:
/ban cn reason (more than 3 letters)

TO VOTE A MAP:
/mode map

If the message "voting is disabled" appears still after doing this, then the server is blocking its function.
Thanks given by:
Have you tried this on another server? I know there is a way for servers to lock maps in Cube: 2, might be the same in AC.
Thanks given by:
I think we should stop telling people how to initiate ban/kick votes. If they don't have the common sense to look it up, can we trust them to have the common sense to call the vote?
Thanks given by:
This was the reason it was removed from the menu in 1.0.4.

We could eliminate the option all together, making it so we would have a simple answer! :D
Thanks given by:
Yes we certainly could :D

Offtopic: If you're online get your ass on IRC and fix the topic. You haz no controlz now.
Thanks given by:
Thanks all for the replies. I was never an abuser of the kick/ban thing. I hate TKers and that was the ONLY time (back in 1.0.4) I would try to kick someone, not for some hairbrained reasons like I see nowadays. Mogthor, the kick/ban option isn't on any servers I go to...not for me anyway. Yet when I'm in a game, many people have to ask others to please kick a player due to TKs, I guess, because others don't have the option either. Not just me. Eftertanke, I only use common sense (read above again). And thank you lBClWolf for the heads-up on what to do.
Thanks given by:
(06 Jan 11, 08:01AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: This was the reason it was removed from the menu in 1.0.4.

We could eliminate the option all together, making it so we would have a simple answer! :D

Bad Idea, if kicking and banning was dissabled, servers would be flooded with TKers and Cheaters/hackers. I do see what you mean though, kick is sometimes over-used.
Thanks given by:
^ You know what really is over used...
Voting maps/modes mid game...over...and...over....and...over...again

Good grief Charlie Brown.
Thanks given by:
Isn't there a max call-to-vote value? So somebody can't repeatedly instigate the same vote over and over in any given game? You could even extend that to kicking, assuming you have say 4x4 and everybody gets 5 votes per voting type per game, I can't see a situation where either team would need to call a kick vote more than 20 times. If you did then it's probably just best to leave the server anyway.
Thanks given by:
It has more to do with failed votes -- if you call a vote that is put down, the chances of your next vote (within a specific amount of time) being blocked by the server increase.
Thanks given by:
Hey all. The help from BC Wolf does not work. I type /cn kick and nothing. And I couldn't agree more with Bullpup. You get one round out the barrel and the map changes...annoying. And IBiteBack is so right. We're loaded with TKers now that sometimes (like tonite) couldn't be voted off because no one could initiate. I kept trying to kick the guy, but I couldn't. So what am I doing wrong with Wolf's instructions?
Thanks given by:
Did you type the reason, BigEd?
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 11, 06:46AM)BigEd Wrote: Hey all. The help from BC Wolf does not work. I type /cn kick and nothing. And I couldn't agree more with Bullpup. You get one round out the barrel and the map changes...annoying. And IBiteBack is so right. We're loaded with TKers now that sometimes (like tonite) couldn't be voted off because no one could initiate. I kept trying to kick the guy, but I couldn't. So what am I doing wrong with Wolf's instructions?

"/kick cn reason" not "/cn kick"
Thanks given by:
And make sure you replace the "cn" with the client number of the person who needs the boot, and replace "reason" with an actual (good) reason for kicking.
Thanks given by:
I think the kick/ban command is way overused in some servers, and sometimes people get kicked or banned for nothing ... :/
Thanks given by: