[Error] My map.
Hi guys, I'm here to talk about my maps. So, recently I wanted to create my own maps, and it's ok.
When I finished my maps I searched here, in the forum, about how can I play it. So, look what I'm doing:

- When I finished my map I wrote: /savemap "NameOfTheMap".
- So, I created my own server, It works.
- I joined my server, and I wrote: /sendmap "NameOfTheMap".
- So, I left Assault Cube, and joined it again, in my server.
- In my server, I wrote: "/map "NameOfTheMap".
- But, here is the problem, a message says: "Your map doesn't have qualities to be played in Multiplayer".

But, srsly, my map is not bad and not perfect, but it's playable!
My map is for Sniper Wars, look the pictures for further evaluation:

Photo 1: [Image: 20110103201005sniperwar.jpg]
Photo 2: [Image: 20110103200947sniperwar.jpg]

Sorry about my english! I'm from Brazil, here we speak portuguese! Sorry!
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html read this please
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 09:43PM)Thorite Wrote: http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html read this please

Ok, I read it, but I checked it with my map and it's okey!
Can you explain for me this:
"- You cannot have a high ceil mean value (not greater than 30 cubes over all map)"
I doesn't understand it!

ANYONE? :(
Thanks given by:
Look in your server log file; it will tell you the reason that the map is unsuitable. It's probably "MAP CHECK FAIL: There is a big open area in this (hint: use more solid walls)"
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 10:11PM)jamz Wrote: Look in your server log file; it will tell you the reason that the map is unsuitable. It's probably "MAP CHECK FAIL: There is a big open area in this (hint: use more solid walls)"

What is the name of the log file?
Thanks given by:
By default, I believe it's "serverlog_date_time.txt" in your AC folder, but you can see the log in the console window, if it's running in a window.
Thanks given by:
I have the same problem. Dunno whats wrong. I already fixxed the "Map Check failed" - problem. Maybe my rooms are to big...some rooms are havin' 40 cubes or more (height)
Thanks given by:
The current release doesn't have the "MAP CHECK FAIL:There is a big open area in this (hint: use more solid walls)" message in the client log, only the server log. I believe the same is true of "MAP CHECK FAIL: The overall ceil height is too high (xx cubes)", but I don't have a high map to hand.
Thanks given by:
jamz: make one
Thanks given by:
I'm pretty sure the problem with your map is going to be the wide open space in the middle.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 05:21AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: I'm pretty sure the problem with your map is going to be the wide open space in the middle.
Who made THIS awesome marvelous restriction?
[Image: 78978978.jpg] That standart map AC_DOUZE... NOT "WIDE OPEN SPACE" IN THE MIDDLE?

KaykoBR,send please your map in archive to this topic forum
Thanks given by:
Pufig, you actually disproved yourself here...

KaykoBR and anyone else reading this and suffering from the same problem. You may use ac_douze as reference if ever you're going to create huge open areas in a map. Compare the hight and widths of the open center area and downscale your map accordingly until the server will no more decline your map.

Or even better, make maps fitting the cube engine's capabilities from the start. ;)
Thanks given by:
This is ridiculous, really. You're essentially saying that douze fits the engine, but his map (which is actually smaller) does not. Just because douze is an official map and his is not?

(04 Jan 11, 05:10PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: You may use ac_douze as reference if ever you're going to create huge open areas in a map.
Yeah but douze has a lot more faces than his map...
Thanks given by:
I do not know this map apart from two screenshots, which don't tell the whole story about this map.

For instance, I don't see the pickups there and neither can I tell you whether the surrounding area, beyond the walls are solids, which could be the problem btw...

However, it's not our job to explain any little detail about mapping to anyone coming along, really. There are docs/wiki/forums and people may make use of them before starting up threads, especially when excatly the same issue is explained one or two threads below.

Now, once more. There are minimum map quality standards, which need to be regarded in order to not f*** up the engine. Ac_douze is within this standards and if his map is declined, well than he's done something wrong.

Help:
http://assault.cubers.net/docs
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-1388.html
Thanks given by:
So true. Just that you were talking about the "huge open areas" in maps, right?
Thanks given by:
Jesus Christ...

How is anyone supposed to find the wrong chord in a song he never heard? At the given information it seems to be a high density issue, therefore there's probably a too huge open area somewhere on this map. Maybe he forgot to solid the area beyond the accesible map, like starting on mapsize 9, using 1/3rd of the center and not "removing" the open 2/3rd leftovers. Maybe the map is by far huger than it seems on those screenshots. Maybe... Maybe... Can't tell without map. Period.

"Huge open areas" are the major problem as it seems and people seem to fail either reading or understanding given help, so taking the most open official map as reference was meant to be an idiot-proof help for this kind of guys...

Thanks given by:
KaykoBR

By looking at the only picture you have shown here your height of the open area is at leat 32 to 35 squares high.

First you may want to scale the height down on the map, and second make sure all your coding is correct.

Else upload your map here so that we may look at the entire map and give you proper feed back, and perhaps some ideas on how to work with it.
Thanks given by:
I feel your pain, Floppy.

I'm not familiar with the scene from Star Wars this is from (I'm not a buff by any means). Maybe if you told us what it was from we could offer more specific ways to "whittle it down" to something the engine accepts without losing the general concept. Otherwise, you'll need to upload it somewhere so we can see exactly what's going on.

Also, make sure you read, and re-read, the docs on map editing. Specifically the fourth page here may (hopefully) be able to help you narrow down the list of possible problems.

Good luck, and feel free to come back after you've read and understand those docs if you have any specific questions.

EDIT: Off topic I congratulate you on getting your server up and running and stuff. Usually that's what people come here to ask questions about hehe.
Thanks given by:
I bet $$$ that makkE will come in here and say, "ac_douze should never have been official". Still, ac_douze is subject to the same map restrictions as all the other maps.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 10:57PM)Gibstick Wrote: I bet $$$ that makkE will come in here and say, "ac_douze should never have been official". Still, ac_douze is subject to the same map restrictions as all the other maps.
I wouldn't put it past him (or any dev for that matter.) Douze is IMO on the line.
Thanks given by: