So... Ima back... but not
Please excuse my harsh language :X

The time has come for me to move on. While I was on my break in the Brahamas, a friend showed me about Sudden Attack. Awesome game with better graphics and better players. To me, it seems to be the next level up. But that wasent the clincher. What really forced me to move was when I came back and saw the forums, the one place where I thought I was helping people, taken over by n00bs and their n00b clans. Up until then, I had truly and thoroughly enjoyed this game very much (kudos to the Rabid Viper Productions team). However, it seems that it is on the way down and I don’t want to watch the game that I loved fail :/

I go by the name of JGAN. ~3 years ago, I discovered AC while googling around for a free Mac FPS. A total n00b, I spent much time fooling around with bots. When I finally decided to go online (v1.0.4), my first server was THE HUB if I remember correctly :) Back then, AC was tons of fun. The players were friendly, the clans were mutual. The point of the game was not to own many servers and be admin, but to conquer and pwn ;) Admin abuse was a distant thing, and players would not be calling you hackers or flaming you. Hell, the game was a true FPS. I played on a daily basis. Got a little better too :D I played so often, I was with millertime and CheatersRFags (I could n00bcannon them back then haha). I stuck with it, joined a few clans like |Psy| and {FsC} while watching all the others grow stronger.

Then came 1.1, and all the people who have ruined the game. Surprisingly, it was not the devs. In fact, they did an absolutely wonderful job on it. The map restrictions? Pretty good, though if devs actually played their own game, they would be able to see that they screwed a few things up :P The anti-hack implements? Fantastic. New voting system? Hilarious, but useful too ;D What really killed the game was all the unskilled players and there immature ideas. They took over the game, the forums, the servers. All the true players started to slack off, either becoming totally inactive or playing only when you requested them on the IRC. Has any of you actually taken time to go through the forums and seen what is being posted? If so, you will see that nobody has seemingly ever seen the search feature. For a lot of players, it seems if you can play T/OSOK with a 31/20 KD, you are supposedly pro. You can supposedly make a clan. You can supposedly spam up the forums, bitching about other clans (*cough* FOX and JB *cough*), asking 50,000,000 how to make a motherfucking server, refusing to read any goddamn information given to you. No. AC is an FPS. First Person Shooter. It is not about what position in your n00b-recruiting clan you were, or how many shitty, uncontrolled servers you had. It does not entitle you to make laggy maps with no care to the actual Cube interface or gameplay tactics. If things went my way, you and your clan would be banhammered to hell and back. People who don’t know how to read documents or search forums are obviously not qualified to run clans or servers. They most likely have never even heard of port forwarding or commandline arguments, and, I’m willing to bet farther that they will abuse admin and play nothing but either T/OSOK, ac_douze, or some other crap map with bigass open areas :@ I could own any of you losers in a 2v1, hands down. Maybe in a 3v1. Feel free to prove me wrong. Just play on the {TyD} servers and see how you feel. When did I see all of this? A long long time ago. I was just in denial (lol). However, the problem wasn't just with the n00b clans. It was with the true clans, the ones that had a real server, forum, and website (aka the ones that didn’t use webs.com). They seemed to have magically disappeared off the face of AC. |BC|? Never saw any of them. o2|? Once in a blue moon. |KH|? Nonexistent. All of my true competition was lost :’( The only place to find real players seemed to be on the IRC. That #assaultcube seemed to be a safe haven :D if only they played online though... :( *sigh* Oh well haha.

Before I leave for AC for good, I would like to give some more contributions and thanks. I will no longer be on the forums very much at all (chances are that I will be completely banned by a mod). I probably will do my last round of spamming here soon ;D Anyways, I will probably stay somewhat active ingame (when I’m not playing SA). I will also be finishing my work on the Wiki (don’t ban me Flowtron!) and AC iOS port so check it out :) Feel free to PM or email me.

Thanks to...
Google for getting me interested in the game haha

AMadPotato for being my mapping buddy and the best player I ever knew

Gibstick and Brahma for being able to take all the shit I through at them (sorry)

The Devs, for being able to take all the shit me and other people threw at them and still make a great game that retains all the principals of a true FPS

The people who gave me warnings go and suck my 6”

DES| and {TyD} you guys are the last true clans. Active, with great servers and even better players :D

*rAgE* and {FsC} for being my virtual homies ;)

Ronald_Reagan for teaching me how spastic some people can be when it comes to drinking xD

Thanks all, hope to see you around!
JGAN
P.S. Thanks for reading my rant. Feel free to trash me 8D
Thanks given by:
The guy who reads this get 2 euro from me :P
Thanks given by:
gimmeh
Thanks given by:
My 2 euro please?
I like seeing why people leave.

Edit: Forgot to say, have fun, cya!
Thanks given by:
Sorry to hear you are leaving, JGAN.
Thanks given by:
I'm sorry to hear that from you. Good luck for your AC iOS port. Cya!

Jesse Herman Holmes Wrote:Beauty, truth, friendship, love, creation – these are the great values of life. We can't prove them, or explain them, yet they are the most stable things in our lives.

Thanks given by:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhOjlXEv...rofilepage ...C'mon, you can find a better game...Urban terror maybe? But if you like sudden attack, you have the right to play it. I can fully agree with you on the point of there being lots of noobs. I am sorry if any one thinks I am a noob, but I am not. I may be new to AC, but not to FPSs. "I pick the game, I kick your butt." Is sort of my motto, have fun!
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 01:09AM)mogthor Wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkhOjlXEv...rofilepage ...C'mon, you can find a better game...Urban terror maybe? But if you like sudden attack, you have the right to play it. I can fully agree with you on the point of there being lots of noobs. I am sorry if any one thinks I am a noob, but I am not. I may be new to AC, but not to FPSs. "I pick the game, I kick your butt." Is sort of my motto, have fun!

my hero <3

jk jk but ROTFL
Thanks given by:
I've recently been playing lots of CoD Black ops online, but whatever i play i cant get AC out of my blood. However much i play other games, AC always calls out to me. I think I need assaultcube Anonymouse to help me with my addiction.

No other game compares to assaultcube, 3 years and i can't find another game worthy of my time :) howeve rmuch i try.
Thanks given by:
I am left astounded and amazed.
I agree with 90% of the things you said in your post, JGAN, but somehow all of that hasn't caused me to leave the game or the community. I do hope you stick around to help bring your dreams back.
Thanks given by:
95%, more like.

Wow....

Bye JGAN!
Thanks given by:
I share many of these thoughts. Good luck and have fun.

(03 Jan 11, 09:22PM)cOGhost Wrote: The guy who reads this get 2 euro from me :P

I accept also paypal.

(04 Jan 11, 01:09AM)mogthor Wrote: ...C'mon, you can find a better game...Urban terror maybe?

better game? UrT is full of cheaters.

Thanks given by:
Sudden Attack, is that another shitty hack riddled fps where it is free to play but if you want decent equipment you have to pay?
Thanks given by:
LOL i just took the time to read all this and I had no idea JB| was so well known XP
sorry for all us noobs, hopefully one day i will pass the noob status :(
sorry to see one of the better players go :(
have fun
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 09:22PM)cOGhost Wrote: The guy who reads this get 2 euro from me :P

done now pay me ;)

Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 10:00AM)JB|JustinBieber Wrote: hopefully one day i will pass the noob status :(

Here's how...
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 08:15AM)Apollo{TyD} Wrote:
(04 Jan 11, 01:09AM)mogthor Wrote: ...C'mon, you can find a better game...Urban terror maybe?
better game? UrT is full of cheaters.

Really? Well, I was just thinking of something along the lines of SA, but if I really was going to suggest a game, it would be AVA. But, he mentioned something about mac, and AVA doesn't work with mac, so UrT was the only other thing I could think of along these lines.

(04 Jan 11, 09:50AM)Vermi Wrote: Sudden Attack, is that another shitty hack riddled fps where it is free to play but if you want decent equipment you have to pay?

You just fully, 100%, described Warrock! :DD But anyway, if you look at the youtube link I posted, you will find out what SA is. (*cough* CS-clone *cough*)
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 05:05AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: I do hope you stick around to help bring your dreams back.

i am trying to figure out how to make my router block this website xP i am still hooked on getting forum points from n00b questions xD
Thanks given by:
Don't worry it's just online community. You should never stress yourself over this :DD
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 09:09PM)JGAN Wrote: Please excuse my harsh language :X

The time has come for me to move on. *snip*
Thanks all, hope to see you around!
JGAN
P.S. Thanks for reading my rant. Feel free to trash me 8D

developers have made concessions degenerate and made the game unplayable
Thanks given by:
pufig: stop it
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 10:49PM)Gibstick Wrote: Don't worry it's just online community. You should never stress yourself over this :DD

Haha...I don't really play that much, but I know enough to answer noob questions, and the community is really awesome here so I just post on the forums.
Thanks given by:
eh... tbh... i cant bring myself to leave :S the community is part of me now for better or for worse D:
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 01:20AM)Billybob Wrote: I've recently been playing lots of CoD Black ops online, but whatever i play i cant get AC out of my blood. However much i play other games, AC always calls out to me. I think I need assaultcube Anonymouse to help me with my addiction.

No other game compares to assaultcube, 3 years and i can't find another game worthy of my time :) howeve rmuch i try.

I also been playing black ops, and i still find my self playing AC, Ac brings a level of community and just the little things such as easy editing, quick to get to games, etc, etc.

Thanks given by:
And scripts galore! :D
Thanks given by:
I have only been playing for 1 and 1/2 years myself, but I can see alot of what you are talking about. Sorry it has degenerated on you!
I wish I could have known the game when you did!

P.S. I hope that I have not offended you in any way; after all, you might say I'm still a little bit of a n00b myself.
Thanks given by:
I agree with what you said JGAN in almost every aspect, difference being I'm not leaving.

P.S. No offence but....Sudden Attack sucks :o
Thanks given by:
I agree with every thing JGAN said, the difference for me is that I just don't play seriously, just for the lulz. And I also enjoy the AWESOME community!
Thanks given by:
ahhh sudden attack? come to URT ^.^ FD* clan has a branch there ;)

ps. nice post well put ^.^
Thanks given by:
Cool. My main FPS is Sudden Attack. Much more pro for sure. It is very much like counter strike but improves in almost eveyrway even if it is by a little bit. I still play assault cube as a casual fps though, when Sudden Attack gets too serious.
Thanks given by: