Clan impersonation? accidental?
Well we are having a dilemma here. Our FOX clan has been around for a while and has traded off leaders, but has not gone extinct and is regaining popularity. But just today another fox clan was spotted. Unfortunately the clan leader speaks French and it is hard to communicate with him. It is a new clan for them but it is considered clan impersonation to us. Hopefully he will see this post and my screenshot of the two mixed clans. FOX snake...please know that your intentions are good but you have started a clan that already exists.

Eh bien nous avons un dilemme. Notre clan FOX a été autour pendant un moment et a été négocié hors dirigeants, mais n'a pas disparu et regagne en popularité. Mais aujourd'hui un autre clan Fox a été repéré. Malheureusement, le chef de clan parle français et il est difficile de communiquer avec lui. Il s'agit d'un nouveau clan pour eux, mais il est considéré comme l'usurpation d'identité clan pour nous. J'espère qu'il va voir ce post et ma capture d'écran des deux clans mixtes. FOX serpent ... s'il vous plaît sais que vos intentions sont bonnes, mais que vous avez commencé un clan qui existe déjà.

[Image: 15ewubt.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Why some of you have two clan tags??? Other rhan that, this it's a nice way tbh but what if the other dude doesn't know about the forums?? Don't you know anyone who speaks french that can help you??
Thanks given by:
I think it is accidental, and by that I mean I think they probably didn't know a |FOX| clan already exists, although admittedly, I don't speak French, nor do I have a translator that I trust to be accurate enough to speak to them with.
Thanks given by:
(02 Jan 11, 09:40PM)jAcKRoCk* Wrote: Why some of you have two clan tags??? Other rhan that, this it's a nice way tbh but what if the other dude doesn't know about the forums?? Don't you know anyone who speaks french that can help you??

ok I just sent a message on their site but I have no clue what anything on the site says. All i know is that i translated my message and supposedly it sent. here is their site: foxteam.jeun.fr
Thanks given by:
How about making tag protection available to server owners?
Maybe make one on your site and link to it?
Clan tag protection

Just a thought.
Thanks given by:
lol i think it's a different clan. you see, i've seen at least one clan that looks so close to SK clan -> |Sk| (or something like that. it was long time ago)
as long they are not using your clan tag, i think it would be fine.
Thanks given by:
Yeah, I agree with pwned.
One tag is |FOX|, the other is -[Fox]-.
Thanks given by:
Ok I had saved the text from the other clans site and hadn't translated it but when I did, I found some interesting stuff. Supposedly they established their clan on another game in 2005 and came to this game not knowing that we exists. For some reason they are mad at us. Here is what a forum said and my translators translation afterwards:

bon les gameur de foxteam on a un probleme de clan avec|FOX|comme koi on reprend leur nom est bien il aille se faire foutre c connard -[Fox]- est crée en 2005 comme vous savez et je l'ai repris alors il ferme leur gueule sinon on va les defoncer c batard.

Good for the gamer foxteam we have a problem with clan | FOX | koi as they resumed their name is there Fuck asshole c - [Fox] - was created in 2005 as you know and I then resumed close their mouth or we'll routers c bastard.
Thanks given by:
Then don't interact with them. There is obviously a (language) barrier, so it should be easy. :/
Thanks given by:
And also be careful.
As you can already see in your translation and with my French knowledges from school, they use a very offensive and aggressive language.
I think that they think they have "the right" for taking this name and tag, because they founded their Clan in 2005. But I don't think that it was an AC-Clan but even if it was, they simple should accept it and don't get angry like that.

So it's better for the |FOX|-Clan to go on like before and simply don't interact with the other Clan ;-)
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 04:14AM)KeinNameDa Wrote: And also be careful.
As you can already see in your translation and with my French knowledges from school, they use a very offensive and aggressive language.
I think that they think they have "the right" for taking this name and tag, because they founded their Clan in 2005. But I don't think that it was an AC-Clan but even if it was, they simple should accept it and don't get angry like that.

So it's better for the |FOX|-Clan to go on like before and simply don't interact with the other Clan ;-)
Its very strange, but it seems as though they have been following us, almost waiting for us to disappear. For instance, they say that they thought we left but then came back so they must have been waiting to come to AC. Were doing our best to avoid them, but people are getting mixed up between them and us so it is rather annoying and I am left answering numerous questions. And dang they are very mean my gosh.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Were doing our best to avoid them, but people are getting mixed up between them and us so it is rather annoying and I am left answering numerous questions.
Well, I know that it is nearly impossible to avoid them 100%, but I mean you could just try to avoid them in this case, that you just neither talk nor write with them. Maybe the other clan will see that they cannot behaive like idiots, but if they abuse votes, e.g. they try to kick you without any reason and they insult you in the game, we also can discuss with the server admin maybe about a ban. It is a very extreme method, but if it is the last chance, why not ;-).

And please don't think that I want to force you to do anything, I just give some opportunities.

Quote:And dang they are very mean my gosh.
Yeah, that's what I already said and you too. Just don't listen to their abusive language. I know that it is very annoying, even if you cannot understand it, but you know that these are insults, but these are still only words.

As the old saying goes: The cleverer give in.
Thanks given by:
Well is seems as though this other fox group is back and they are still ranting on us. It has become an extreme annoyance that is very hard to ignore especially when they continue to abuse our clan tag. Essentially their clan tag is barely off from |FOX| while still containing FOX. I think the language barrier does not matter because they are well aware of us (obviously) and most of them do know how to speak English, but some refuse at times just so they can have the last laugh (according to my translator). For instance, I may go to a server and then one of them will show up. They will start saying a bunch of stuff in French and then once translated, it doesn't end up too pretty. I plead that this "clan" get banned from all of AC. I have also seen an imitator of me one time wearing that type of tag but they left as soon as I came into the server so no proof on that one :( I am really concerned about this and I have found in the Blacklist thread that they were being abusive without one of our |FOX| members there, just random meanness I think to eftertanke.
Thanks given by:
for one Xray they are speaking in french so dont translate and as for impersonators ip them and report it here
Also a clan cant get banned for having similar tags they need a good motive to get banned srry man
Thanks given by:
As lucky says the tags are diferent, so just ignore them even if they are mean or rude. The more you can be away from that kind of people ther better!
Thanks given by:
Ugh I can't believe this is still going on. On one note, I'll say that I think if you wouldn't look for conflict you'd be less likely to find it. Not immune to finding it of course. But less likely all the same.

On another note, I'd like to pose a rhetorical question, one not really intended to provoke conversation but thought instead. If this new clan's tag was DES} or |TyD| would you feel the same way about the topic? Yes these tags are different from Dedicated Elite Soldiers' or TearYouDown!'s but the letters themselves still hold a special value to those who have earned the right to use then in their names.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jan 11, 03:54AM)X-Ray_Dog Wrote: bon les gameur de foxteam on a un probleme de clan avec|FOX|comme koi on reprend leur nom est bien il aille se faire foutre c connard -[Fox]- est crée en 2005 comme vous savez et je l'ai repris alors il ferme leur gueule sinon on va les defoncer c batard.

Good for the gamer foxteam we have a problem with clan | FOX | koi as they resumed their name is there Fuck asshole c - [Fox] - was created in 2005 as you know and I then resumed close their mouth or we'll routers c bastard.

wow this guy look so pretty cool :) i'm french,give me a link where i can talk to him,will be a pleasure ( at least to explain him that this vocabulary have nothing to do in a sportmanship mature clan) :) reguarding the level of maturity of this text and the quality of the french language used,i think we have to do at a really young guy with a really low level of reflection. ;)

Thanks given by:
http://foxteam.jeun.fr
X-Ray_Dog posted it up top.

Heh. On the (entire) forum about |FOX| clan only administrators are allowed to create posts. Nice one.

A bit of background information tells me that you aren't going to be able to get them to leave, so you may as well start ignoring them now :/
  • -[FOX]-Snake, 14, Admin
  • $d0fU, 13
  • Sytus, 14
They have less than half a dozen members. They're just a bunch of little kids pretending to be tossers.

All the same. Because of the way -[FOX]-dog treated me the other day, they wont be welcome on any server I run in the near future.
Thanks given by:
Because of their behavior, server admins will start eventually to ban the -[Fox]- tag. Just ignore them and people will then see that you have nothing to do with them.
Thanks given by:
In the true spirit of FOX clan, you should challenge them to a battle for ownership of the upstanding FOX name. I feel it is your duty to defend the title you hold so dear. Conversely you could shrink up as when Undead poised the same query to you...

-TheBullpup
Thanks given by: