Why can I run a server on my laptop, but not my Windows when Im using the same router
I have a Windows 7 desktop, and a Motorola router, but when I try to run a server on it, it always fails. But when I plug the router into my laptop (apple) it works..... =\ thats odd...
Thanks given by:
Windows 7 has severe incompatibilities with many routers. I'm rather eager to know myself whether this will be fixed in the future.
Thanks given by:
=O sux
Thanks given by:
You must forward ports again for the new computer.
Thanks given by:
You must also learn how to not make a thread based off one question every 40 seconds.
Thanks given by:
Disable TCP/IP v6 in Windows 7 machine, (and/or) Update router firmware to make it work with TCP/IP v6.
Thanks given by:
how do I do that?
Thanks given by:
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=How+to+Disable+TCP%...+Windows+7+
or
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=updating+motorola+router+firmware+
Thanks given by:
TCP IPv6!!!! You'll still want IPv4!
Thanks given by:
ok it TCP/IP was already off... I turned it on, still didnt work...
Thanks given by:
you did forward your ports and set a static ip?
Thanks given by:
How can i make a server? one that i can login to and be admin... i cant find it anywhere and would greatly appreciate help...
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 01:21AM)125AJ Wrote: How can i make a server? one that i can login to and be admin... i cant find it anywhere and would greatly appreciate help...

yes you can find it: read the docs, wiki, and the forum stickies/old posts. there is one just for your question. and please dont hijack threads :/
Thanks given by:
my modem/router doesnt have a firewall.... so how else do I add ports?
Thanks given by:
It varies for routers. Google your router model and figure it out. If you cant, then dont host a server. I think I can speak for most of us here in saying that we are tired of answering your questions that could be solved just by googling or looking at the docs/wiki.
Thanks given by:
oh, I can run a server. Just not on my windows...
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 01:54AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I think I can speak for most of us here in saying that we are tired of *snip*
Go ahead.
Thanks given by:
(04 Jan 11, 01:56AM)fox_ares Wrote: oh, I can run a server. Just not on my windows...

we just went in a big circle... hooray?

you did forward your ports and set a static ip?
Thanks given by:
my router/modem does not have a firewall....
Thanks given by:
read the goddamn wiki because it will tell you that port forwarding has almost nothing to do with firewalls ****tard!!

and they wonder why i plan to leave... xP
Thanks given by:
Hey. Calm down. Open the windows, turn on some music and put your feet into cold water. This will take a while.
Thanks given by:
(05 Jan 11, 01:17AM)tempest Wrote: Hey. Calm down. Open the windows, turn on some music and put your feet into cold water. This will take a while.

open the windows and stick my feet in cold water?!?! what are you smoking man?!?!?!?!?!?!?! the local meteorologist just called our weather "borderline for a blizzard" D:
Thanks given by:
Doesn't matter. He's just not worth getting so upset about him.
Thanks given by: