On Cheating:
Here are some bits of information for you to chew on.

Fact: Having a cross-hair (unscoped) on a sniper rifle would give you an unfair advantage.

Fact: Installing a mod, or changing the files to make a cross-hair on the sniper is cheating, and you can be blacklisted for it.

Fact: One can put a piece of clear tape with a cross-hair drawn on it in the middle of their screen (to give then a semi-permanent cross-hair for the sniper) and no cheat detecting software in the world would detect it, and then haven't change a file on their computer.

Something to make you think, huh? Discuss!
Thanks given by:
the last one is just stupid...
Thanks given by:
mogthor, why are you such a retard?
i am yet to read a semi intelligent post by you, i think that most people illegally mod their sniper scope but topics like this are just retarded, pointing out cheats can lead to no good
Thanks given by:
Vermi, why are you mad that I thought of this before you did?
Thanks given by:
Its pretty sad if you do use one of the described methods above and I'm sorry for those who do ...

And I agree with Vermi thats its not very good to point such methods out mogthor. And you didnt think of those methods first
Thanks given by:
I never said that I do this. I just wanted to point out that this could be a problem. Maybe there should be a change that makes no-scoping impossible. I also wanted to know if having a mod that gave you a cross hair on the sniper was illegal.
Thanks given by:
people have already changed their scopes around like said before. And if you couldn't no-scope that would really be retarded, cause if a guy is right next to you and you have to scope in to kill him...
Thanks given by:
Its called "quick-scoping" and is in almost 97% of all FPS's...
Thanks given by:
haha good joke :D

you cant play good w/o the scope anyways so it makes no sense to forbid it just to prevent people from drawing a dot on their screen ...

Quote:Its called "quick-scoping" and is in almost 97% of all FPS's...
good to know AC isnt one of those 3% as you can quick scope
Thanks given by:
True, I was pointing out that even though modding the game to have a cross hair on the sniper is "bad" it seems that if a player wants to put tape/anything on there computer, it might be considered "less bad." You can QS on AC, but NS'ing makes it point-less. (Sorry for the acronyms.)
Thanks given by:
Thanks given by: