Tips with the SMG?
Does anyone have tips for the smg?

I currently use the sniper as my main weapon, but seeing the section about the timed shooting a sniper and 2 pistol shots between a full smg clip, i think its time to switch.

Anyone know anything that could help me out?
Thanks given by:
Sniper FTW. Don't listen to statistics. Sniper is better than smg if mastered so get your head outa ur ass and start trainin on some noobs
Thanks given by:
Either is better. Depends if you or your opponents can aim with their chosen weapon, terrain, reaction, luck, etc.
Thanks given by:
Basically, you take the SMG, then if you think your opponent is in your crosshairs you start yelling YAIYAIYAI and press your firebutton while keeping your aim on him. Then if he falls to the ground you stop shooting and reload, breathing a sigh of relief.

Instead of just reloading you can also stop by the dead body and crouch on him, but that part depends on your level of gayness and necrophilia.
Thanks given by:
-If a target is far away burst. But that may go without saying.
-Use the smg to rifle run or w.e when you have the flag.
- I find a lower sensitivity better when I use the smg then when I use a sniper I like to have my sensitivity quite a lot higher.
Thanks given by:
Quote:Probably the most common weapon. Easy to use, a bit harder to master. Keep moving your mouse down so you can control the recoil. This is a killing machine if used correctly. If you round a corner and face a sniper, crouch immediately to avoid his first shot, jump back while firing, then straferun forward. This should make you very hard to hit, as the sniper will have to adjust his horizontal and vertical aim. Try to aim below the belt so the by the time the recoil pushes your aim up to their neck, they're dead. Or, fire in short bursts of 4-5 rounds (tap the mouse button). Kills an unarmoured enemy in seven shots.
Thanks given by:
press mouse1
Thanks given by:
stick on target

if you avoid the level of sadism and necrophilia could have time for reload after each kill.
Thanks given by:
If you hold down the trigger the whole time you'll find yourself easily wasting bullets. Keep track of how many bullets are gushing out and take the shortest pause to readjust your aim after 6-7 bullets if your foe is not dead yet.
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 10, 03:53PM)Gibstick Wrote: If you hold down the trigger the whole time you'll find yourself easily wasting bullets. Keep track of how many bullets are gushing out and take the shortest pause to readjust your aim after 6-7 bullets if your foe is not dead yet.

Just learn to fight the recoil then you can shot auto full clip and still be on enemy even if hes far away.
Move the mouse downwards as soon as you start shooting.
Bursting can be done when you shot someone in the back, not if hes facing you thats suicide.
Thanks given by:
burst burst burst burst(2-5 bullets)

aim at feet because your cross hair will go up with the recoil

shake your hand a little while shooting
Thanks given by:
dont use it : D
Thanks given by:
+1 to Gibstick (Fire element).
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-35.html
SMG just takes a lot of practice.
As you fire, you have to move the mouse backward at an increasing rate of speed, to compensate for recoil. This is why shooting in bursts is important (or having lots of elbow room).
Experiment with many different mouse sensitivity levels. Acknowledge that as you play, your mouse sensitivity level preference may change. Always be open to trying a new one if you find your skills slipping.
Play against bots for a bit. Try it at gamespeed 20, increasing by increments (game speed and bot skill level) as you become comfortable with its feel, until you're at gamespeed 120. When you can hold your own against "best" bots at gamespeed 120, you're ready for real opponents.
As ReEsEs said, read up on rifle-sprinting. Strafe-running, too, in case you don't already.
Thanks given by:
SMG is probably the strongest counter against Snipers in the short to medium distance range (if you're wondering why you're having a tough time). Assuming fast reflexes and low latency, a barrage of SMG rounds to the face will throw off the average sniper's aim so much that half the time he shouldn't even be able to land the initial shot.
A pro could take down 3-4 unarmored people in rapid succession without reloading.
On average it's probably the most sought-after weapon for CTF because it indirectly increases your survivability (by throwing off their aim) and you can rifle-run with it.

Just make sure you don't keep turning around tight corners with SMG because there's nothing you can do about eating a shotgun round at point-blank range, always turn at a wide angle around corners.

As with any other gun, practice makes perfect. SMG is extremely versatile so learn to use it and it won't let you down :P
Thanks given by:
(04 Jul 10, 03:36AM)Stupefy Wrote: SMG is probably the strongest counter against Snipers

The key is to get them to miss that first catastrophic shot! Practicing against bots will only help so much in this area; you'll have to test your footwork against real opponents to get a feel for how to "dodge the bullet."
Thanks given by:
(03 Jul 10, 10:05AM)Panda Wrote: Basically, you take the SMG, then if you think your opponent is in your crosshairs you start yelling YAIYAIYAI and press your firebutton while keeping your aim on him. Then if he falls to the ground you stop shooting and reload, breathing a sigh of relief.

Instead of just reloading you can also stop by the dead body and crouch on him, but that part depends on your level of gayness and necrophilia.

I laughed out loud there Pandaa :D
(I will do the last part when killing you in a close match :d)
Thanks given by:
Yea he's a true Dane Cook.
Thanks given by:
hey thanks for the info guys :) this helped a lot, you guys have no idea. DES|V-Man, i think you helped the most with your gamespeed tip. But i cant help but thank you all for your tips :)
Thanks given by:
:D HTH.
Now try CubeScript.
Thanks given by: