I keep getting randomly kicked from my server.
I paid for a VPS and made a server for assaultcube on it. The only trouble is that whenever I connect to it from my home computer I either can't connect or I join and get kicked with the message Disconnecting (Normal) about 30 seconds to a minute later. I was sure it was my server's fault until I saw a group of people playing in my server and when I tried to join I was kicked a little bit later but saw that they were not. Please help, I think I might just contact my ISP, if you guys cant help meh.
Thanks given by:
Are you using Vista? Vista has a history of this.

If not, what is your OS?
Thanks given by:
I use ubuntu 10.04 32 bit.
Thanks given by:
:/
http://speedtest.net/
Tell us the results.
You'll probably want to have a chat with your ISP...
Thanks given by:
Here are my results from speedtest.
[Image: 1088546397.png]

I actually think that the problem might be my server. Can someone test out my server and see If they can play on it? Its title is "Sblargish's Awesome Server"
Like the name? :D
Thanks given by:
I visited there and got this after a few minutes:
Quote:server network error, disconnecting (error - overflow) ...
It happened a few seconds after I noticed I couldn't pick up any helmets or nades in ac_depot.
Thanks given by:
Ugh, so should I get a refund from my vps people? I paid for a gigabyte of dedicated ram.
Thanks given by:
I wouldn't be so hasty just yet. Apparently this has been happening to others, but I can't remember the cause or solution.
* V-Man nervously looks around for jamz
Thanks given by:
Make sure you have the correct version, 1.1.0.4. Do not use anything earlier or later (SVN). I had that when I downloaded the wrong ac_client.exe revision from SVN, but it should apply to wrong server version as well.
Thanks given by:
I have the server from the download on the mainpage already.
Thanks given by:
It's definitely reporting as 1.1.0.4, and if it was the SVN server bin, 1.1.0.4 clients wouldn't be able to connect at all. I also got kicked after a few seconds of walking around a map devoid of pickups. Then I noticed I couldn't reconnect; the server had died.
I used to get this when I tried to run two servers on the same binary. I could get them both running, but I'd kill one of them almost as soon as I connected; the other would keep going. I don't recall seeing this on the forums before V-Man, and sadly I'm by no means the server expert.
Maybe if you gave some more information about how you're starting the server, if you're running multiple servers, whether the process owner has the right permissions on folders, are there any errors in your logs, etc.
Thanks given by:
I'm using a Cent Os 5 VPS with one Gigabyte of dedicated ram. I'm connecting to it through ssh, using screen to keep it open. I'm also signing in under root. The logs just show disconnected client and offer no explanation of why or any error messages. I'm only running the one server. I used the server wizard to make the preferences and now use server_autogenerated.sh to run my server. I'm running it from the home folder and the main directory folder name is 1.1.0.4
Thanks given by:
Oh, you shouldn't do anything with root...
Thanks given by:
Ok, I created a new user and now I am running the server under that user. Still the same result.

Also now there is an error message saying, (error - overflow)
Thanks given by:
If you are running it from /home there should be no need to log in as root to start and/or maintain server.
Look through your AssaultCube folder and see if you have read/write permission to the files.
Thanks given by: