Format change?
I think that we should stop using MD2 now, tbh. Yes, it's easy enough to make MD2 models if you use Blender, but if you use 3DSMax, you'll find out that it's hell. I'm not saying that we should convert all existing MD2 files to some other format (although that would be ideal, it would take a long time), but I think that we should start making the new models in another format, MD3 probably being the best choice.

Are there any reasons why we shouldn't? If there aren't I can't really see any cons to this situation. (BTW, if anyone needs import/export scripts for 3DSMAX 2010, I can send them the ones I have)

Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 10, 09:56PM)StRaTo Wrote: Are there any reasons why we shouldn't? If there aren't I can't really see any cons to this situation.

Well, so far you haven't given any pros.
Thanks given by:
Well, the obvious one would be that it's better supported, the other would be that we're not using a "dead format".
Thanks given by:
Well... have another look at the mapmodels... kinda like 1/3 are .md3
And something like 3/4 of the custom one (look at akimbo.in) are .md3 too.
Why don't you just make your models in md3 and... well.. be happy with it...
Thanks given by:
I'm not happy with it because it's difficult when I want to edit someone else's model, and it's just as easy, if not easier, to export your models to MD3 rather than MD2.
Thanks given by:
Put your back into it.
Thanks given by:
(25 Dec 10, 10:18PM)StRaTo Wrote: I'm not happy with it because it's difficult when I want to edit someone else's model, and it's just as easy, if not easier, to export your models to MD3 rather than MD2.

Well I'm working on a modeler to fix these problems(As well as a few of my own). With any luck it'll be out sometime this century.
Thanks given by: