Sniping Model
Far too often do I run in front of a sniper's well aimed shot only to be domed and vice versa. So I was wondering if it would be possible to add a sniping model with the gun up at eye level as opposed to sniping from the hip?
Or at least a way to visually notify other players that I'm scoped.
Thanks given by:
hmmm... pretty good idea. i think it can be done; all that is needed is to add a "sniping" animation to the model
Thanks given by:
Can be difficult to make because it's md2 with vertex animation, but idea is good.
Thanks given by:
difficault? probably. feasible? yes :)
Thanks given by:
would that not make it harder to snipe scoped in enemies?
Thanks given by:
?????
Thanks given by:
He just wants to move the thirdperson (world) model of the sniper to eye-level.
Thanks given by:
I think this is a pretty good idea.
As for the problem of the scoped in enemies, if you're good enough, a gun wouldn't come in the way of blowing a guys brains out.

Thanks given by:
Well, you'd need at least 3 additional animations for both, the player and the world-gun model.

1. aim while crouch
2. aim while stand
3. aim while move

However, I don't see how this would help, since you still can't look at what is happening behind you, no matter whether the animation indicates a mate is scope-ing or not. In the end it's the guy with the sniper *coughjuststopthecampingandthiswillnothappenthatoftenanymorecough* to watch out for mates before shooting.

Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 10, 03:25PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Well, you'd need at least 3 additional animations for both, the player and the world-gun model.

1. aim while crouch
2. aim while stand
3. aim while move

However, I don't see how this would help, since you still can't look at what is happening behind you, no matter whether the animation indicates a mate is scope-ing or not. In the end it's the guy with the sniper *coughjuststopthecampingandthiswillnothappenthatoftenanymorecough* to watch out for mates before shooting.

Lol ingame:
You got teamkilled by unarmed
You: Dude, watch where you're shooting!
unarmed: Watch where you're going!
You: I can't look behind me, you CAN (and already are) looking in front of you.
unarmed doesn't respond
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 10, 03:33PM)eftertanke Wrote:
(27 Dec 10, 03:25PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Well, you'd need at least 3 additional animations for both, the player and the world-gun model.

1. aim while crouch
2. aim while stand
3. aim while move

Lol ingame:
You got teamkilled by unarmed
You: Dude, watch where you're shooting!
unarmed: Watch where you're going!
You: I can't look behind me, you CAN (and already are) looking in front of you.
unarmed doesn't respond

lolololol is unarmed really that famous I see him EVERYwhere
Thanks given by: