How to Access Packaged Maps and Media?
how do i gain access to use the mapmodels/textures/mods/maps i download on akimbo?

Mod edit: thread name changed to something meaningful.
Thanks given by:
Pro tip: name your threads something meaningful.
Where did you download the stuff to? It should all be in a .zip folder which you can extract.
Thanks given by:
i used the folders the download came in and put them into my assault cube folder but when i go onto assault cube i cannot access them
Thanks given by:
Make sure to put the stuff into the correct places. Unfortunately not every package is properly structured.
Thanks given by:
i put everything in the right folders
Thanks given by:
If you're trying to make your own map with custom media then you'll have to create a custom .cfg for the map.
Go into the config folder and copy default_map_settings.cfg then paste it into your maps folder, rename it to your-map-name.cfg
After that, open it in a text editor.

To add a mapmodel add the line: mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "model-name" at the bottom of the list of mapmodels.

You also need to have that mapmodel in the mapmodels folder ( packages/models/mapmodels).
So a mapmodel named "crate" needs the line: mapmodel 0 0 0 0 "crate"
and it also needs its own folder in the folder mapmodels named "crate".

Then to use it in-game find menus_edit.cfg in the config folder, open it with a text editor, find the lines "//Mapmodels" here you can create a sub menu for the mapmodel if it doesn't fit into the existing ones.
So for "crate" you might want to add a submenu for box mapmodels. Add the lines:
menuitem "Boxes" "showmenu Boxes"

newmenu "Boxes"

menuitem "Crate" /newent mapmodel # (This number is found in the maps .cfg, there are 130 mapmodels already in the cfg ready for use, so just keep counting up.)

To add a texture edit your-map-name.cfg and add
texture 0 ".folder-where-texture-is/actual-texture.jpg"
(so a texture named grass4.jpg needs to be in packages/textures/grass and the line would be: texture 0 "./grass/grass4.jpg"

For maps type /map my-map-name while in-game.

For mods it depends what type it is.

weapon skins go into packages/models/weapons/
be sure to make backups of the originals though.

Blood/scopes/radar/startscreens/crosshairs/etc... go in packages/misc
and again, make backups of originals.
HTH
Thanks given by:
i don't see a default_map_settings in my config folder
Thanks given by:
Try searching your system for it.
Thanks given by: