MasterServer is not replying.
Hey guys,
Sorry to be a bother, but I play Assault Cube on my PC and it works fine, I decided to put it on a VERY old Lab top for my little brother so we can play at the same time. But whenever he tries to connect to multiplayer the game says.

"Masterserver is not replying"

Does anyone know how to fix this? Or atleast know why it's doing this?
Thanks given by:
[ocd]laptop! LAPTOP!! not "lab top!!!" xP[/ocd]

anyways, does the laptop connect to the internet? what version of ac is it running? what operating system is the laptop? also, make sure that the laptop's firewall is not blocking ac from accessing the internet.

the reason is that ac cant access the internet :P
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 09:10PM)JGAN Wrote: [ocd]laptop! LAPTOP!! not "lab top!!!" xP[/ocd]

anyways, does the laptop connect to the internet? what version of ac is it running? what operating system is the laptop? also, make sure that the laptop's firewall is not blocking ac from accessing the internet.

the reason is that ac cant access the internet :P

Sorry about that, but my labtop (: is connected to the internet. AC is running 1104(1.1.0.4) The firewall is off, and the OS is windows XP.
Thanks given by:
how sure are you that your firewall is off? the reason i say that is because windows can be very deceiving... :/
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 09:15PM)JGAN Wrote: how sure are you that your firewall is off? the reason i say that is because windows can be very deceiving... :/

Control Panel>Firewall
Options were ON(Recommended) and Off.
Off was checked.
Thanks given by:
hmmm... any third party firewall/security applications installed?
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 09:21PM)JGAN Wrote: hmmm... any third party firewall/security applications installed?

Like antivirus software? Yea I'm not technology suave. I understand the basics but thats it. xD
Thanks given by:
actually your doing pretty good compared to some other people i have met :)

check your programs for anything that sounds security related haha
Thanks given by:
Look in your system tray (bottom right of taskbar) for any icons that look like security applications: it could be an umbrella, a multicoloured square, a "house" with a flag, an A on a sphere, an "N" on a sphere, etc.
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 09:26PM)JGAN Wrote: actually your doing pretty good compared to some other people i have met :)

check your programs for anything that sounds security related haha

I went into the Windows Security Center and it says Nortan AntiVirus is my firewall.
Thanks given by:
Add an exception in your firewall.
Take a look here
Thanks given by:
It could be your anti-virus blocking AC. Try to go through your anti-virus software sor any security options to check if that's the problem.
Thanks given by:
create an exception except use assaultcube.exe
Thanks given by:
It's ac_client.exe
Thanks given by:
dude, check ALL ur firewalls.... not just like (example: Windows Firewall), if u have MCaffee (I cant spell but I think thats right =P) check it to, took me FOREVER to figure it out!!!
Thanks given by:
Do never have more then one firewall active on your computer.
The same with antivirus program.
Thanks given by:
Haha, one time I had three antivirus programs fighting each other. It made my computer so slow.
Thanks given by:
One time I had an antivirus, I removed it, made my computer twice as fast :O
Good thing I used other computers for online activities.
Thanks given by:
good thing i have a mac :D
Thanks given by:
Hey guys thank you for all the help! it finally works!
Thanks given by:
no problem glad i could help :D
Thanks given by:
JGAN you mac troll.
What'd you do to fix it?
Thanks given by:
MAC MAC MAC.
Indeed, we are all interested in your panacea of how you unleashed the masterserver to the full and made it available. Of course, the answer would be very appreciable in case someone is looking for the same retort. And no I did not use a thesaurus, this all comes form my smart mind of geniusness.
Thanks given by:
A Mac is just as capable of getting a virus as any other operating system, it's just that nobody deems it important enough to bother writing one for the Mac. :)

Microsoft is the company that everybody loves hate. Quite honestly I wish it were Apple, personally. Anyway, I'm sure to receive a ton of hate mail this post, but I just wanted to make the point that Macs are not immune to viruses.
Thanks given by:
Read this : Do You Really Need Mac Antivirus Software?
Thanks given by:
Don't need antivirus, nty. Antivirus companies are people that make the viruses themselves, so they sell their software so you don't get them. It's expensive, it slows down your comp too much, and you need to upgrade every 5 seconds for a 2 hour long download.

Thanks given by:
problem solved, lets just lock this post thread. we all know mac will take down microsoft soon ;)
Thanks given by: