Compile on mac?
Hey can anybody help me compile the source code on mac?
I have no programing past but want to start. Any help please?
I have the source files and want to compile it, can anybody write an awesome tutorial? Thanks so much!
Thanks given by:
I don't quite understand it, but this forum seems to answer your question:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/post...opic=43348
Thanks given by:
There are a lot of pre-compiled binaries available for Mac OS X, but sooner or later you will need to compile something from source. You'll download some gzipped file, unpack it, cd into the directory, and a README will tell you to do "./configure;make && make install"

But it didn't work, did it? That's because Mac OS X doesn't install make or cc or indeed any development tools at all by default.

Fortunately, this is easy to fix. Pop in your install DVD and you'll see a folder called "Xcode Tools". Click on that, install it, and you will now have make, cc and everything else you need to compile that little C code you downloaded.
Thanks given by:
Xcode

Some sources include makefiles and some include Xcode project files
AssaultCube includes both, so should not that big problem to compile (if you want to compile the SVN trunk you may encounter some problems)
Thanks given by:
Xcode i think either comes standard with the next OS for Mac (my friend said he heard that from some site about Mac stuff) or already is available.
Thanks given by:
Ok no help really.
I have Xcode but don't know how to use it? I have the source files and the xcode folder.
How to i compile the game in the xcode application???
Thanks given by:
open the project file of xcode with xcode and build it
Thanks given by:
getting 10 errors though...
Thanks given by: