Do headshots kill the enemy quicker?

simple question.
i know it does with the sniper but leave it out for now.

if it doesnt then would it not be a good idea to maybe increase damage headshots do? to promote aim over shotty whoring and such.
Thanks given by:
No, headshots with weapons beside the sniper do not kill the enemy quicker.
No, there shouldn't be such thing. If headshots made more damage then we could simply get out the smg and spray at everyone's face and kill with absolutely no skill needed. Shotgun noob clicking -> SMG noob spraying
Thanks given by:
Maybe headshot's with other guns could cause screen blur that would be cool...
Thanks given by:
There have been a lot of comments about what shooting someone in the head (with a weapon other than sniper) should do, if anything different. Mostly it seems that people are divided into three camps:
1) Shots to the head should do extra damage (possibly headshot kill)
2) Shots to the head should stay exactly the same as it is now, not different from a body hit
3) Shots to the head should disorient the victim (screen blur, aim drift, aim disruption, etc.)

If something were to change, I'd go with Vermi and number 3. But I'm satisfied with how things work now.
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 12:00AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: But I'm satisfied with how things work now.

and so am i.

lets not change anything about the guns really. i think that the current build has it almost set, though the carbine could use a quicker recock and the shotgun is still a little too powerful... :P
Thanks given by:
"and the shotgun is still a little too powerful... :P"

FAR TOO POWERFULL!

decrease the range, increase the spread! like a sawn off!

Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 12:03AM)JGAN Wrote: and so am i.

though the carbine could use a quicker recock.

I approve this message, I really like how this game has developed since starting 5 months ago. AWESOME
Thanks given by:
it depends if he is headbanging with his music :) Some devs have no image how difficult is to play with sniper. :)
Thanks given by:
(22 Dec 10, 12:00AM)DES|V-Man Wrote: 3) Shots to the head should disorient the victim (screen blur, aim drift, aim disruption, etc.)

If something were to change, I'd go with Vermi and number 3. But I'm satisfied with how things work now.

no, shotgun, SMG, and AR have so much spread that even if you aim at the targets chest or even waist your guaranteed to his his face at least once.
Thanks given by:

Quote:no, shotgun, SMG, and AR have so much spread that even if you aim at the targets chest or even waist your guaranteed to his his face at least once.

Spray much?
Thanks given by:
Sufferin' succotash!
Yes...
Thanks given by:
Carbine gets headshot, everything else just mugs shit up.

In my opinion.

Thanks given by:
headshot one hit kills are a no-no.
bullets bouncing off the brain for no extra damage(what we have now) is also rather...not great.

bullets should just do double damage if they hit the head. Reward skilled shooting.
And it doesn't give advantage to "spraying"
The game is somewhat fast paced, its not that easy to hit people's heads. Plus an smg would just become what..a 4 hit kill if all hit the head(with 2x damage) ?
Combat Arms is slower, easier to hit the head, and spraying for the one hit kill doesn't work that often, you still neeed to aim. So double damage makes sense to me..
Thanks given by:
@top: 100% AGREE
Thanks given by:
(27 Dec 10, 09:39PM)CyberKlown28 Wrote: The game is somewhat fast paced, its not that easy to hit people's heads. Plus an smg would just become what..a 4 hit kill if all hit the head(with 2x damage) ?
You've got to be kidding. You could simply spray your bullets over someone's upper chest and you WILL hit his head. I do not want to see this game suddenly becoming into something where guns kill someone with 4-5 shots, please, just no.
Thanks given by:
I think option 3, but i also think sniper shots to the hip higher is a kill
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 12:08AM)|BC|Wolf Wrote:
(27 Dec 10, 09:39PM)CyberKlown28 Wrote: The game is somewhat fast paced, its not that easy to hit people's heads. Plus an smg would just become what..a 4 hit kill if all hit the head(with 2x damage) ?
You've got to be kidding. You could simply spray your bullets over someone's upper chest and you WILL hit his head. I do not want to see this game suddenly becoming into something where guns kill someone with 4-5 shots, please, just no.

Yeah ok, House =p
3 of the 5 guns are already 1-2 hit kills. Assault Cube guns have basically no spread. The smg has vertical recoil if thats what you mean about spraying their chest. But if a player gets owned by the recoil and lets it jump to their head, why will they all of the sudden control it and keep it aimed at the head?

And every gun will have double damage on headshots so the Assault Rifle would be just as deadly when used by someone with skill. and the carbine would be a OHK headshot too. It wouldn't affect or make one gun any better than it already was.

Played Combat Arms a lot this year, and that has one hit kill headshots, which is obviously something that would be bad on Assault Cube. But those guns have faster fire rate, same, more or less recoil, and they actually have spread. Spray and pray still is a rare occurence even on there to work. Its not easy. And this would only make the smg/AR kill in 3 shots faster? Players who can aim good would like this idea, those who spray wildly at the whole body won't like it(you?)

Thanks given by:
There is spread in AssaultCube. Ever tried sniping with an SMG on douze? They're not just automatic railguns with recoil.
Thanks given by:
I jumped in and shot at a wall mid range, and everything was hitting in the same spot ._o
And Sniper Noscopes are a dime a dozen in OSOK
so not much spread, and not enough to randomly jump up into the persons face and stay there

.-.
Thanks given by:
I think that if this is added, we can balance it with less damage in other areas, because it doesn't make sense that you can shoot someones toe and do as much damage as if you had shot their heart. Make it so there's less damage in the legs and arms, but more in the heart/head. Ever heard of shooting at the vitals?
Thanks given by:
Quote:3 of the 5 guns are already 1-2 hit kills.
You can't spray bullets with them. You have to actually aim with them except with the shotgun in several occasions.

Quote: But if a player gets owned by the recoil and lets it jump to their head, why will they all of the sudden control it and keep it aimed at the head?
I never said anything about "getting owned by the recoil". Players that actually know how to aim can just aim at the upper chest and keep the aim close to the head.

Quote:And every gun will have double damage on headshots so the Assault Rifle would be just as deadly when used by someone with skill.
With skill? All I would do is tap-shoot and make every bullet hit the head. Any average skilled player can do that.

Quote:and the carbine would be a OHK headshot too. It wouldn't affect or make one gun any better than it already was.
Adding headshots to the carbine wouldn't make it better? Do that and we just got another headshot weapon that can kill faster that it usually could.

Quote:Played Combat Arms a lot this year, and that has one hit kill headshots, which is obviously something that would be bad on Assault Cube. But those guns have faster fire rate, same, more or less recoil, and they actually have spread. Spray and pray still is a rare occurence even on there to work. Its not easy.
Don't compare two games saying how hard one is compared to another. If you seriously think there is no spread in AC, I suggest you start reading more before you make another comment like this one.

Quote: And this would only make the smg/AR kill in 3 shots faster?
2-3 with AR, 3-4 with SMG. It's funny that you think that 3 shots faster isn't much.
The normal time to kill for SMG and AR is 480 ms. With this feature you would make it for SMG 240ms-320ms and for AR 240ms-360ms. That's about half the normal time. Get a stopwatch and see what you are just saying. This ISN'T Crossfire. 240ms may not be too much in that game but it is here.

Quote:Ever heard of armor? Players who can aim good would like this idea, those who spray wildly at the whole body won't like it(you?)
It's quite the opposite. Players that actually know how to aim will know how easy it would be to kill, just like it would be for others. Noobs will be more than happy to use their non-skilled spraying to kill. I thought we would be able to discuss this like normal people without getting personal, but I guess not everyone can "(you?)".

If you're wondering where I got the info for the times, it's here (http://wiki.cubers.net/action/view/Weapons#cite_note-1). I recommend you get informed before typing another comment.

Thanks given by:
@Wolf: like I said, its balance. If you randomly sprayed with my idea 25% of the shots would hit a +DMG area, 25% would hit a -DMG area, and 50% would hit a normal area, so its balanced.
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 03:12AM)mogthor Wrote: @Wolf: like I said, its balance. If you randomly sprayed with my idea 25% of the shots would hit a +DMG area, 25% would hit a -DMG area, and 50% would hit a normal area, so its balanced.
My post was directed towards CyberKlown. Sorry for the confusion :)

Thanks given by:
But do you agree with me then?
Thanks given by:
I think your idea should go here so it can be discussed further. This thread has been getting off topic ever since people started discussing about weapon changes. Maybe close it now?
Thanks given by:
90% of the players can hardly hit anything on the body if you move and jump xD Good luck hitting someone's head, housey
Thanks given by:
(28 Dec 10, 04:12AM)CyberKlown28 Wrote: 90% of the players can hardly hit anything on the body if you move and jump xD Good luck hitting someone's head, housey
And where did you get that info, Klowny? I'm very curious :)
Thanks given by:
expeerience. first shot, or first few shots miss me. Depends on map area of course since its kind of hard to miss in a narrow passageway. But yeah e_e wolfy
Thanks given by:
You use SMG? I've heard that if you don't aim the first shot with that gun, since the gun goes on frenzy in the following shots it makes it harder. I learned this the hard way, teehee.
Thanks given by:
I use all of the guns depending on map+mood. good days I'll use the carbine/sniper to take advantage of good aiming. Some days I just suck, and need a full auto gun. xD
I don't use the shotgun much due to its OP'ness

<3 wolf
Thanks given by: