A real mapping contest?
What about open a "big" mapping contest with good juges like in 2009?

http://akimbo.in/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=375

I don't search a Price at all , i just want to participe to an important contest on what i prefer on AssaultCube.
I map because i love that , i wont win more than to finish my map.
Maybe Akimbo admins can organise something like this?
I hope that a lot of mappers want the same thing than me. :)

Mr.Floppy saw :
Quote:At the moment there is a huge community split deviding the players into 1.0.4 and 1.1 guys.
Quote:I will nomore organise a mapping contest.

Now Assaultcube stopped to be splited between 1.0 & 1.1 even if a next and last 1.1 version will be release soon. (it shouldn't be a problem for juges)

You don't have time to organise but i hope that you can juge :P
As i see on Akimbo , you always saw something on all maps/mods/mapmodels , as consils or critics but always very detailled and impressive.

I can help seriously for organisation.
Thanks given by:
I'd like too help judge, if this goes ahead. :)
Thanks given by:
I'm more than willing to be a judge but bear in mind I might give a horribly laggy crap map with huge open areas and ridiculous lightning including all colours of the gay flag full points and say everything else is crap.
Thanks given by:
perhaps adding an insentive would give a greater interest, doesn't have to be monatry, perhaps official status for map that wins.
Thanks given by:
Maybe it's late for adding a map official.
Thanks given by:
Its never too late for that, but I think its nothing you should promise.
Thanks given by:
A dev could run it...

But I think some people would be willing to go in with no prize whatsoever.
Thanks given by:
I don't think so.
Thanks given by:
If I'm nominated to judge I might be able to throw in some prizes.
Thanks given by:
I have no idea if the last major mapping contest entrants were given an incentive by the prize, but the outcome was that the winning map (which was from someone outside the regular AC community here) almost never gets played. Sorry to sound so negative, but if the prize isn't official status, mappers run the risk of having their creation go the same way as the majority of custom maps - obscurity. Think about the last time you played on any of these maps.
Thanks given by:
:/ three months. Dang.
* V-Man punishes moar bots
Thanks given by:
2 days for ac_stellar , and around 3-4 weeks for ac_noct.
Thanks given by:
Popularity of the map in AC depends more who play that map. It doesn't matter if is pretty or crappy. You can have fun even in totally crappy if you find your level.

Spent time with creating isn't also defining the quality of map.

Contest probably for new mappers, older lost illusions and motivations or reached what they wanted. This game moved from default for match and custom for public to default for everything.

Thanks given by:
Ladders are really influencing.
Thanks given by: