Constant Admin Abuse @ Your mom's house
As the subject says, some of the admins on the server "Your mom's house" TOSOK server constantly abuse their position

Scenario:
I was playing this afternoon doing fairly well and PinkPanther bans me at random (I had seen he had quite a temper from his previous statements/kicks but I never said a word to him nor was I breaking any rules). In response, I found out the owner's IRC and contacted him ([YMH]Fiz). He said he would look into the issue.
Now tonight I'm playing on the same server and PinkPanther is in it once again. I asked him why he banned me and he refused to give me a reason and then a few rounds later I found myself banned by someone named DirtyJew (quite an offensive name, btw) also without reason.

I don't know what there is to say about it, avoid the server? Or remove it from the list?
Thanks given by:
I would usually just avoid the server.
Thanks given by:
I would like to believe you Tanner, but I looked through the demos from that server and no one was banned today. Of course I don't have the server logs, so I could be wrong. Unfortunately without proof you can't complain to anyone.

As Ronald_Reagan said above, I would say your best bet is to stay away from the server.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 06:53AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I would usually just avoid the server.

:/
If nothing else this can serve as a warning to others or maybe the owner will do something about his bad admins.

Thanks given by:
What was your username on the server that day? Validus?
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 07:49AM)eftertanke Wrote: What was your username on the server that day? Validus?

yeah.
Thanks given by:
Well than I would suggest you refrain from calling girls sluts and morons. Perhaps that's why you were repeatedly kicked and banned.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 08:21AM)eftertanke Wrote: Well than I would suggest you refrain from calling girls sluts and morons. Perhaps that's why you were repeatedly kicked and banned.

I was never banned for that, in fact that was after 2 bans.
I was just banned again whilst doing absolutely nothing, wasn't even talking.
Please don't find stupid reasons to defend your bad admins, post full demos of the games I was banned in.

Edit: She was also insulting me and trying to have me kicked after one accidental TK. Please don't hold a double standard because she (might) have a vagina.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 08:36AM)Tanner Wrote: Please don't find stupid reasons to defend your bad admins,
They aren't my admins. I have nothing to do with that server.
(19 Dec 10, 08:36AM)Tanner Wrote: post full demos of the games I was banned in.
That's not my job. It's yours.

You have, at this point, made it impossible for me to care if you are banned or kicked on their servers. Regardless of the reasons, if you aren't going to be civil or even defend yourself with actual proof, don't complain.

As a matter of fact, since the OP has been answered this thread ought to be closed:
(19 Dec 10, 06:53AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I would usually just avoid the server.
(19 Dec 10, 07:40AM)eftertanke Wrote: As Ronald_Reagan said above, I would say your best bet is to stay away from the server.
Thanks given by:
Edit~
Wasn't aware this wasn't your server :)
Thanks given by:
Tanner, eftertanke has already said, "I have nothing to do with that server."

eftertanke, I won't close the thread because it'll be good to see if anyone else has similar isssues, or if Tanner is alone. If a dozen or more other players complain here, something needs to be done. If no-one does, I think we can assume either Tanner was at fault or that it was a bad day at "Your mom's house".
Thanks given by:
Thanks, I just went in the server again to try to play some and save the demo next time I get banned and I didn't even have time to spawn once before some random noob who has told me on many occassions that he hates me for no reason.

I really don't know what to do, it's one of the only active TOSOK servers I have decent ping on and TOSOK is my favorite gamemode, that's the only reason I won't just avoid the server.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 09:24AM)jamz Wrote: Tanner, eftertanke has already said, "I have nothing to do with that server."

eftertanke, I won't close the thread because it'll be good to see if anyone else has similar isssues, or if Tanner is alone. If a dozen or more other players complain here, something needs to be done. If no-one does, I think we can assume either Tanner was at fault or that it was a bad day at "Your mom's house".

Good thinking. And to be fair to Tanner, I played a few matches there checking to see whether or not to believe him and the admin use is pretty ridiculously out of hand. If someone can get a hold of Fiz (I couldn't) then he may be able to get access to those old demos.

Tanner, can you give us the exact day and time when this happened? Or if not, an estimate? Because that will help us help you, if Fiz has the demos you may be "exonerated" and perhaps something will be done.
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 09:30AM)eftertanke Wrote:
(19 Dec 10, 09:24AM)jamz Wrote: Tanner, eftertanke has already said, "I have nothing to do with that server."

Good thinking. And to be fair to Tanner, I played a few matches there checking to see whether or not to believe him and the admin use is pretty ridiculously out of hand. If someone can get a hold of Fiz (I couldn't) then he may be able to get access to those old demos.

Tanner, can you give us the exact day and time when this happened? Or if not, an estimate? Because that will help us help you, if Fiz has the demos you may be "exonerated" and perhaps something will be done.

Saturday between 5-8~ EST and Sunday between in time from 12-most recently about 5 minutes ago?
Sorry I'm really bad at remembering times but that certainly narrows it down from eternity
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 09:32AM)Tanner Wrote: Saturday between 5-8~ EST and Sunday between in time from 12-most recently about 5 minutes ago?
Sorry I'm really bad at remembering times but that certainly narrows it down from eternity
It does indeed. Hopefully Fiz will see this thread and/ or let you know if he's decided to act on anything that happened. However it's ultimately his decision, that's important for you to remember.
Thanks given by:
http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/5075/badadmin1.jpg
http://img46.imageshack.us/img46/6940/badadmin2.jpg
http://img256.imageshack.us/img256/7404/badadmin3.jpg

these might help, CatWoman also is an admin
Thanks given by:
Jeeze, everyone quit trash-talking and just effing play the game.
9_9
Thanks given by:
What would you expect? Some people should read the servername before joining the server :)
Thanks given by:
(19 Dec 10, 04:30PM)Infinite Wrote: What would you expect? Some people should read the servername before joining the server :)

I would tend to agree :)
Thanks given by:
and not to be biased, TOSOK servers are generally poorly run with a few exceptions.
Thanks given by:
Maybe this will help you Tanner. You are blacklisted for repeated abusive behavior. You will not drop the issue even when asked to. You are even aloud to come back and play until you start back on the issue and that has happened over and over again. So you are no longer welcome on any YMH servers please do not harass any of our admins or users anymore. You will be banned and ip will be added to the blacklist if you try to come in.

YMH is probably one of the most friendliest places to play and it is usually admined very well and douchebags removed rather quickly. Hell most of the time when a trouble maker shows up like a teamkiller or something else no one says much because they know an admin is on it. We only have a few admins and they do their job well and they all share the same views. So if you get on their bad side you truly did something wrong. You should evaluate what happened and move on.

On a note about vulgar language and other stuff. Check the name. I didn't name it Your Moms House so that uptight douchebags could complain about bad or inappropriate language. It's a place for people with a sense of humor and a laid back attitude to come and have fun. If your easily offended you shouldn't join a server with such a name.

On a note about PinkPanther, this server encompasses his views. He is very laid back and don't get upset about much. But if you start shit you get banned. He nor I or any other admins have a tolerance for shit stirrers.

The simple fact is that if you would have just dropped it and moved on you would still be there and probably be fine. Now because of your actions you are blacklisted and unwelcome on the server(s).

I haven't seen any other complaints on IRC or in these forums so I am pretty sure its something you did wrong.

The blacklist may be removed in a month or less depending on whether you knock it off or not and let it settle down.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 04:29AM)Fiz Wrote: Maybe this will help you Tanner. You are blacklisted for repeated abusive behavior. You will not drop the issue even when asked to. You are even aloud to come back and play until you start back on the issue and that has happened over and over again. So you are no longer welcome on any YMH servers please do not harass any of our admins or users anymore. You will be banned and ip will be added to the blacklist if you try to come in.

YMH is probably one of the most friendliest places to play and it is usually admined very well and douchebags removed rather quickly. Hell most of the time when a trouble maker shows up like a teamkiller or something else no one says much because they know an admin is on it. We only have a few admins and they do their job well and they all share the same views. So if you get on their bad side you truly did something wrong. You should evaluate what happened and move on.

On a note about vulgar language and other stuff. Check the name. I didn't name it Your Moms House so that uptight douchebags could complain about bad or inappropriate language. It's a place for people with a sense of humor and a laid back attitude to come and have fun. If your easily offended you shouldn't join a server with such a name.

On a note about PinkPanther, this server encompasses his views. He is very laid back and don't get upset about much. But if you start shit you get banned. He nor I or any other admins have a tolerance for shit stirrers.

The simple fact is that if you would have just dropped it and moved on you would still be there and probably be fine. Now because of your actions you are blacklisted and unwelcome on the server(s).

I haven't seen any other complaints on IRC or in these forums so I am pretty sure its something you did wrong.

The blacklist may be removed in a month or less depending on whether you knock it off or not and let it settle down.

So in other words, you completely support your admins choice to ban without reason because the server 'encompasses their views'?
and once again, I didn't do anything to deserve a ban. check the logs
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 05:57AM)Tanner Wrote: So in other words, you completely support your admins choice to ban without reason because the server 'encompasses their views'?

If that where the case it might be a problem but you where an issue and continued to be an issue. From the logs it looks like when you stopped bringing the fact that you where banned up or talking shit about "if your good you will get banned" you stopped getting banned. I do see where novia banned you for no real reason one time but that was well after you pissed most of the regulars off including insulting one of our regulars and continued to insult her. By all rights you should have been blacklisted then but as I am the only one with file access to the server configs you weren't blacklisted till today. The only issue I see was that you where not blacklisted earlier and the admins gave you way to many chances. Like I said the blacklist MAY be removed in a month or less if you can drop the issue otherwise I will keep the blacklist in the permanent list. Like I said we don't really ave a tolerance for shit stirrers and negative behavior. I see lots of gameplay on your part where you weren't causing problems and weren't banned.

Heres the simple truth. PinkPanther helps pay for the server if he chose to ban you for absolutely no reason its his choice you can accept it, get over it and come back when the ban expires OR you can chose to carry it on and cause issues which will get you banned and blacklisted. You chose the latter... bad choice. Your bullshit about him kicking you because your better is just that... bullshit. We have plenty of people that play all the time without getting banned and kick the shit out of all of us. Your score is not going to create any type of resentment in any of us. Lots of good players come and go in peace.

If the blacklist is removed in the future before you come back you should think about some things. YMH is not for people who get upset easily or who cant take a joke and we will not tolerate abusive behavior and/or drama.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 06:14AM)Fiz Wrote:
(20 Dec 10, 05:57AM)Tanner Wrote: So in other words, you completely support your admins choice to ban without reason because the server 'encompasses their views'?

If that where the case it might be a problem but you where an issue and continued to be an issue. From the logs it looks like when you stopped bringing the fact that you where banned up or talking shit about "if your good you will get banned" you stopped getting banned. I do see where novia banned you for no real reason one time but that was well after you pissed most of the regulars off including insulting one of our regulars and continued to insult her. By all rights you should have been blacklisted then but as I am the only one with file access to the server configs you weren't blacklisted till today. The only issue I see was that you where not blacklisted earlier and the admins gave you way to many chances. Like I said the blacklist MAY be removed in a month or less if you can drop the issue otherwise I will keep the blacklist in the permanent list. Like I said we don't really ave a tolerance for shit stirrers and negative behavior. I see lots of gameplay on your part where you weren't causing problems and weren't banned.

Heres the simple truth. PinkPanther helps pay for the server if he chose to ban you for absolutely no reason its his choice you can accept it, get over it and come back when the ban expires OR you can chose to carry it on and cause issues which will get you banned and blacklisted. You chose the latter... bad choice. Your bullshit about him kicking you because your better is just that... bullshit. We have plenty of people that play all the time without getting banned and kick the shit out of all of us. Your score is not going to create any type of resentment in any of us. Lots of good players come and go in peace.

If the blacklist is removed in the future before you come back you should think about some things. YMH is not for people who get upset easily or who cant take a joke and we will not tolerate abusive behavior and/or drama.

Gave me way too many chances at what? The only 'legitimate' reason you can come up with for banning me is asking why I was banned without reason.
Thanks given by:
Like I said if pink didn't give a reason he doesn't need one and if that where the case it was your choice to make it worse and you got what you got for not dropping it. I won't bicker on the forums this is already a few replies to many. If you wish to continue a conversation with me you can do it in PM on IRC or here or on one of the messengers which I will give on request if you cant find them. I won't reply in here anymore and I'd suggest you don't. This should be for any more unique complaints if any about the horrible admins at YMH that everyone loves so much.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 06:37AM)Fiz Wrote: Like I said if pink didn't give a reason he doesn't need one and if that where the case it was your choice to make it worse and you got what you got for not dropping it. I won't bicker on the forums this is already a few replies to many. If you wish to continue a conversation with me you can do it in PM on IRC or here or on one of the messengers which I will give on request if you cant find them. I won't reply in here anymore and I'd suggest you don't. This should be for any more unique complaints if any about the horrible admins at YMH that everyone loves so much.
Thanks for agreeing with me. If you believe your admins don't need reasons to ban people then that speaks for itself in this thread.
Thanks given by:
Fiz, plain and simple the admins on your server ban and kick people without warning and without reason. Asking why you were kicked when the reason was "None" is not a valid reason to ban someone. Should Tanner have brought it to IRC or the forums at that point? Yes he should have.

The point is that he did eventually bring it to you and you ignored him and refuse to help him out. Regardless of his actions after the original ban/kick, he deserves an explanation for the first one at a minimum.

You have every right to put your server on a private mastermode if you want it to be exclusive. But if you're going to make it public, you and your admins need to be civil and mature about their actions.
Thanks given by:
(20 Dec 10, 06:48AM)eftertanke Wrote: Fiz, plain and simple the admins on your server ban and kick people without warning and without reason. Asking why you were kicked when the reason was "None" is not a valid reason to ban someone. Should Tanner have brought it to IRC or the forums at that point? Yes he should have.

The point is that he did eventually bring it to you and you ignored him and refuse to help him out. Regardless of his actions after the original ban/kick, he deserves an explanation for the first one at a minimum.

You have every right to put your server on a private mastermode if you want it to be exclusive. But if you're going to make it public, you and your admins need to be civil and mature about their actions.

Says who? Its public. It has no rating system... If it was a PG place and Mature content was being discussed it might be a problem but its not so people who don't like it can fuck off plain and simple. What do you guys not get about "PINK HELPS PAY FOR THE SERVER HE NEEDS NO REASON TO BAN OR KICK". He nor I owe tanner a damn thing. Your judging what goes on in YMH by a few hours on a single day of observing. You have NO FUCKING CLUE how things are done and how things are. 1 crazy day or even a few crazy hours does not denote how the server is run. I'm just trying to figure out who you think you are coming into this making judgments with very little information and what seems like a very elitest attitude. You should try a little more observing and a little less intervening before you speak. Like my father use to say "Its better to keep quite and be thought of a fool then to speak and confirm it".

Also just a final note before I start ignoring both of yalls replies to this thread. If the server was so horribly run why do we have so many regulars in there nearly all day every day? I know you checked it earlier and OMG it was empty for all of like maybe 30mins damn thats a horrible server its empty for a few minutes people must hate it. Guess what its full again and hmm more regulars. Normal people who enjoy playing on this server. Judging by my console logs looks very spam free and those nasty admins seem to be getting along very well with others. You where right about the vulgarness but no body seems to mind when we say stuff about what people do at your moms house. This is how the server is MOST of the time and thats why people like it so much.

Hope you'll stop judging long enough to have a little fun and play sometime.
Thanks given by:
This thread is being closed for now.
Tanner, if you have some meaningful logs of what went down, please PM me and you can post them.
Until then, since neither side has any evidence, any discussion is just beating a dead horse.
Thanks given by:
This horse is still alive:
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/were
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/where

Okay, finished.
Thanks given by: