Is the 'find a player' option working?

i'm sure the find a player thing is broken.

i tried to find someone i had just been playing with and said it could not find him.

then i did the ultimate test... i typed 'unarmed' into it. didnt come back with any results.
Thanks given by:
works for me
Thanks given by:
For me it takes some time before players show up.
First i gotta let server list load completely and when i search i gotta wait 10 - 15 seconds.
Thanks given by:
it works for me very unpredictable too, sometimes yes, sometimes no chance, before 1.1 it works for me better i don't know what changed
Thanks given by:
oh right! i havent been waiting long enough.
Thanks given by:
Wait time for me is usually about 4.5-5 seconds.
Thanks given by:
sometimes i wait alot longer.
doesnt ping to servers / number of servers make a difference?
Thanks given by:
It doesn't work... I tried searching for TeamKillingIdiots but it didn't find anyone... I know they're out there though..frikkun hundreds of 'em! *shakes fist*

[/sarcasm]
Thanks given by:
@Blue_Pr!nt:
I'm pretty sure it is related to the ping between you and the master server.
Thanks given by:
The search-term needs to be part of the name, so if you're trying to find AC|foo, AC|bar and/or AC|lop - then you should search for "AC|".
The wait is related to your ping to each individual server - the master has nothing to do with it - each server is polled for it's list of online players and the search-term matched against those individual names.
Thanks given by:
Why does it wait for a uniform amount of time before displaying the info?

...Does it have something to do with /masterupdatefrequency ?
Thanks given by:
What makes you say that it waits for a uniform amount of time?
It should actually start showing "not found"-message instantly, then when it does start finding results it'll show those instead.
Try the following:
1) (before launching AC) remove the config/servers.cfg
2) launch AC - enter "/showmenu server" into the console
3) press F3 and enter any name - hit ENTER ... see!?! - you see nothing :-P
Next you could repeat this procedure after having added some individual servers (by hand) from your backup-copy and/or screenshot of the serverbrowser (sorted by ping) ... pick those you have low ping to only and you'll experience no lag at all. If you know someone to be on one of those you've added to your "manual" list, you'll find them.
Thanks given by:
It has always been relatively fast for me, goes through all the servers and finds |BC| members in less than 4seconds.
Thanks given by:
What I mean by "uniformly" is that I type the string to search, then hit ENTER, then wait for a few seconds...
Then, all in the same moment, all instances of the string in all servers (with different ping) pop up. All at once.
Thanks given by:
Of course. That's because your client polls the servers all at once every few seconds (5, I think), and it only asks for name lists in the next polling round after you hit enter.
So whether the ping is 10 or 200 milliseconds doesn't really matter.
Thanks given by:
:O
That is good to know.
* V-Man updates the friends script...
Thanks given by:
Yeah, even I have trouble at times and have to wait for a few seconds for the names to show up!! These compus can be really cranky at times and seem to have a mind of their own!! But other than taking a little while, everything seems fine for me!!
Thanks given by:
G-g-g-g-gravedig! Btw, one exclamation mark is generally deemed sufficient.
Thanks given by:
It doesn't work for me. I don't even have a blank to type a name into! LOL
I don't know what's wrong with mine, but it sounds different.
Thanks given by:
You have to press F3.
Thanks given by: