AC 1.1 BC Server Share Applications
[Image: header.png]

For those that don't know or those that have forgotten about the Server share.

New server operators, clans, and players welcomed. Recently after 1.1 coming out the server share members were cleaned up, many old names, none players, non contributors etc were in the share. due to the anti-cheat system less admin's are needed everywhere, but this is a means of having a structure to sharing your admin passwords with trusted community members and those that give you a pass in return.

each password holder needs to apply to the share, its not a pass for the whole clan, although the contributor can decide upon how there password is used /issued to members.

The system has changed with regards to voting on applicants, those who contribute servers ad offer passwords get to decide in the end who can join, everyone can raise an argument but ultimately it lies with the server owners.

What is the Server Share?

The Server Share was started by the Beyond Compare clan as a means to share admin passes between trusted, known members of the community. It was originally created in a time when cheaters were rampant, but still has a place today.

What is the Server Share for?

To rid our servers of cheaters/hackers.
To get rid of annoyances that disrupt normal game play which includes spammers, intentional team killing, multiple acts of dirty language, and inappropriate nick names.
To enable players to get full IP addresses of these type of disruptive players and as a Server Share member you MUST report these abuses to the Public Blacklist at AC Forums.
Server owners do not only get to administrate other person's servers, they also get the insurance their own crowded servers are in good hands with trustworthy admins.

What isn't the Server Share for?

To play maps that you want.
Banning or kicking people just because they are playing better than you.
Making votes pass for your enjoyment.
To claim admin just to be in charge.
To set the master mode to private for personal games.
Giving the passes to friends or other members of your clan. They must apply for membership here. This is a server share, not a password share where people share passwords from randum servers which they don't even own.

What are the consequences for abuse?

Removal from the Server Share will be immediate if there are any cases of extreme abuse. This may be followed with the person in question being blacklisted on participating Server Share servers.

Who can apply?

Preference will be highly swayed towards those that have servers to contribute or whose clan has already contributed their servers, but people without servers or clans may apply although there is less of a chance of being accepted.

Since the release of Assault Cube version 1.1 with its anticheat system, less admins are needed. This means we are mainly looking for server contributors, and are more hesitant with people who don't have anything to offer.

How do I get in?

Make a new topic in the BeyondCompare forum filling in the following information:

Quote:How long you have been playing:
Country/time zone:
Past/current clan memberships:
Servers you can/will offer:
Why you want to join the SS:
restrictions on pass: All in SS, only contributors, all in BC etc..

Message for non-applicants (Those in SS already):

When voting you have to give a reason to justify your vote, even if it is a very simple one. For example: No, his past is to sketch; Yes, hes a good friend and a mature player.

Please realize that the contributors will have the final say in the decision on whether or not to accept the applicant. Your voice is welcome and definitely heard, but because it is the contributor's servers which the applicant will be administrating, it will be their decision.

[Image: header.png]
Thanks given by:
Alien, try again the Servershare group, is alot different, with many former members not there! Its an opportunity for all, to re-apply with a fresh slate!
Thanks given by:
can a mod please remove aliens post, its very negative and so outdated, this SS is fresh for 1.1 and only server contributors are in it,

Alien i can understand where you are coming from BUT this is not the same server share. 60+% of the old members are not in it.

ONLY contributors can vote, i would really welcome your application so please go make one :-)
Thanks given by:
I want to join server share, so i may have passwords to admin, so i can...

-Join server with game in progress, vote my choice of map/mode regardless of said game in progress.

-Join server with game in progress, kick everyone out of pub server to have my own private game.

-Join server with game in progress and shuffleteam every two min even though the scores are close but i want to be on my friends team but i do not know how to use forceteam.

-join server and random ban/kick ppl for no reason.

sign me up please.

Mod edit: Recieved a 20% warning for being disrespectful and contribute nothing.

user edit: You must be bored, as I did contribute something. In the guise of satire i contribute that the server share owners take care and stop letting knoobs in said server share. I understand if it escapes you but put down your riding crop chump
Thanks given by:
Well, those are fine reasons to exclude you (and anyone) from server share.
Thanks given by:
You know i like the concept of this system (i posted it in your forum) , it is better if someone in irc have your password and can react quickly and solve the problem. BUT it should go over the clan fights or whatever it is. You should hold the facts and not someone's feelings. Each who enter can lost something and also get. Then it has sense.

aCKa is prepared to share passwords with anybody (even with players), we only require standard attitude and some responsibility.

(i think this post is positive and to previous post do you think i was happy some members could have power over my servers ? No, but i hold the facts because there were more positive people)

Thanks given by:
I encourage all active server owners to think about this opportunity and how it will help there server and the game thrive.

We at BC started this SS about 2 years ago, in the older versions such as .93 we had a lot of active members and servers on our side. It proved to be a useful tool to fight the cheaters and abusers, and help the honest player PLAY more and worry about getting kicked/banned by abusers or killed by tkers and cheaters! Or even impersonated by other players!

This is a new time for ac, we have so many new players and clans. But that doesn't mean we can't stay a close knitted community that protects there own! We at BC, and the other SS members would love to see other newer and less known clans contribute active servers and join in our "struggle" to keep ac clean.

Hope everyone gives this a chance, and has time to enjoy the fruits of BC's Server Share.
Thanks given by:
As a contributor I'm asking if this is a good sollution to let new players applying for SS...
I hope people know how important is this program and what are the responsabilities.
Thanks given by:
darknot, with this change to the Server share it means that new people can only be voted in by those who are already contributors. you can add restrictions to how the pass is used / who uses it. so although new people/clans will apply, as a member and contributor its your vote that says whether they join.

not like before, 10 contributors and 30 voters deciding on who based on clan war, personal reasons etc... much like how Alien mentioned his experience was. i asked for the post to be deleted so it stayed positive as i said in PM. i welcome you Alien to the SS and appreciate your contribution, please forget the past and look forward to a new future.

i want a nice clean AC full of great players in a thriving community
Thanks given by:
The SS currently consists of
All |BC| Servers
All eR Servers
oNe's Servers
Deebz Servers
Thanks given by:
Were still looking for active server owners to take a look and apply for our server share! I can assure you guys won't regret applying and getting your servers more protected.
Thanks given by:
BluePr!nt I want suggest if you can put one of the BC USA servers as private for matchs now that =MyS= servers are down there is only one American dedicated server for matchs (jamz server) and always I play AC I see BC Cannabis, Renegade, RiotInWar, Notorious, Viper, servers without use, and those with Exodus servers got the best ping for America

So would be great if you put one of this for matchs or at least allow public vote for /mastermode 2 believe me many American players will use it for matchs

-sorry for the off topic comment man-
Thanks given by:
As i know it BCs US servers are reporting to TyD ladder.
AC 1.1 Ladder - Scoring
Connecting with 6 or more clan-mates and make this private is ladder fixing.
Thanks given by:
Hate cheaters >:(
Thanks given by: