server stopped with error
im have last ac version,why my server stopped with ... "ERROR: AssaultCube fatal error: Win32 Exception: 0xc0000005 [0x8] ERROR: ERROR: " sometimes but it happens. my internet is good
,problem only with ac server,what that?? im not have antivirus ot firewall and my port forward without problems http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9016/13333963.jpg
Thanks given by:
Your server is trying to use RAM it can't get access to.

Check if your RAM is good with memtest86+ and go to your task manager's resources tab to see whether or not you are using a high amount of RAM.

If you find a problem in either memtest86+ or that you're using lots of RAM you've found the culprit. To fix your RAM you may need to buy more. If you are just using a lot of it, check out this Lifehacker article which may help you free some up.

Hope that helps.
Thanks given by:
problem not in memory or hardware settings,just sudden high ping, http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/8007/20847728.jpg and does not depend on whether i playing or not
Thanks given by:
Hmm. The only thing I see here is that people are connecting with 1103 clients .. that's not right; possibly they're crashing the server. I wouldn't think it's RAM.
Thanks given by:
(14 Dec 10, 09:14PM)flowtron Wrote: Hmm. The only thing I see here is that people are connecting with 1103 clients .. that's not right; possibly they're crashing the server. I wouldn't think it's RAM.
thx,i try later to reinstall game,maybe that helpin me
Thanks given by:
?? not your server - the clients - they're using 1103
You said "latest AC", so I'm assuming you're running 1104.
Thanks given by:
It's not the 1103 clients. Since December 1st my server has had about 60% 1104 and 40% 1103 clients.

Have you scanned for viruses/other malware? These can cause 0xc0000005 errors.
Thanks given by:
That's a generic access violation exception, ie attempted to read/write an invalid memory address - the number in [] - both of those are clearly not in process memory space (well, "clearly" to a Windows developer).

The error message itself is AC's own though, so the exception has been caught internally.

flowtron, consider extending fatal() function to have the caller info (eg __FILE__ and __LINE__) to help trace the source of these errors in general.
Thanks given by:
We used to have this - and I found it very helpful; this wonderful feature needed to be discontinued though, since the underlying information-files can be used by those "out there" that want to circumvent the anticheat-code. Not that this actually stops them - nothing really can - it just raises the bar a little more; which is all one can do against it.
Thanks given by:
Guys the reason the server crashed is because server version is 1103 which had a "ban vote" flaw. Calling a ban vote with an invalid client number can potentially crash the server so it's best if you update to 1104.
As you can see from the previous attempts of trying to ban and being denied, the person may have accidentally put an invalid cn# and BOOM!

It took a while to figure it out, but it was annoying as fk to have your server go down ALL the time when some noob wanted someone out real bad.
Running 1104 and so far, no probs...
Thanks given by:
Wait... How can you tell he's running 1103 server?
Thanks given by: