Why are people leaving AC? :(
/sad
Thanks given by:
i know1 there seem to be an increasing amount of "why i'm leaving" and "good bye" threads.
*sadface*
lord knows why.
Thanks given by:
They thought 1.1 was going to be exactly the same as 1.0............

Or, they were failing at making clans.
Thanks given by:
Pro's come and Pro's go.
Noobs come and go, some turn pro but some go.

Some pro's probably left because they preferred 1.0 and couldn't adapt to 1.1
Thanks given by:
Pizza is good, but after having pizza for lunch every day you sorta start getting fed up with it. When you have pizza for breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack and before going to sleep, you're going to get even more fed up. But that's alright because you can always go to the grocery store to buy something else. But then you find out that they only sell pizza in the grocery store.

Why?

Because the people in the town you live in are scared of trying anything new and they like being set in their own old ways and refuse to eat anything but pizza, and the only few interesting foods that there were have been banned by the country's health and food agency because "humans are not made to handle such foods and they may pose a health risk a small portion of the country's population".

And this is one of the reasons why I don't eat any more.
Thanks given by:
Nice analogy JMM :)
Thanks given by:
Because ended the competitiveness of the game. You do not need to know to play or have skills, just get a shotgun, run away like crazy, jump and shoot :)

My opinion ^^
Thanks given by:
who type here "bye", he will return.
Thanks given by:
Who the hell eats pizza every day?

If you can't keep you're playing in control, then it's probably best that you will stop playing the game.
Thanks given by:
I eat pizza 5 days of the week :D

Maybe people are leaving because they are tired of seeing threads like this one?
Thanks given by:
Personal reasons, or the total lack/loss of interest, but who cares, the wheel spins...
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 09:25AM)W. Alison Rose Wrote: Because ended the competitiveness of the game. You do not need to know to play or have skills, just get a shotgun, run away like crazy, jump and shoot :)

My opinion ^^

this is why it's better to get a clan and play matches :)

in matches like 2v2 shotgun is one of the worst weapons :-)
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 03:53PM)M__Stayla Wrote:
(10 Dec 10, 09:25AM)W. Alison Rose Wrote: Because ended the competitiveness of the game. You do not need to know to play or have skills, just get a shotgun, run away like crazy, jump and shoot :)

My opinion ^^

this is why it's better to get a clan and play matches :)

in matches like 2v2 shotgun is one of the worst weapons :-)

W4R is right .. The game lost its competition, and the players lost their thirst to play. And i saw considerable players using shotgun in clan matches.
Thanks given by:
Coxa, how can a player of your level say this? u know these guys who use shotguns can't win a decent match.

my personal opinion about this mass-leaving is that when u stayed months in the old version while others were playing the new, then u come to the new and get pwned, and you are a guy who don't like to lose.

so, is easy to say "this version is shitz" and leave the game.

i remember the first days of svn, where the few guys playing 1.1 were all noobs :D and i trained AR with ramb0. now i can say i prefer 1.1, after a lot of playing it. is more tactical, more equilibrate
Thanks given by:
YourSister, how many tourneys (high-level ones), clan matches (high-level too), high-level players and more you see in 1.1 compared to 1.0 ? Nothing. Or its more fun spend time on public matches than playing a high-level tourney that you have to give your best ?

Every high-level player that are leaving now played 1.1 . We didn't have a "vision" of this version and quitted, we PLAYED it and simply saw that it lost all its competition.

AR , the "tactical" weapon for 1.0, for quick sprints and flags, turned itself to a killing machine. Shotgun "gibs". Sniper was ruined. SMG lost all the fun, before SMG controled you, and now you control the SMG. That's my opinions.

I played 1.1 in pubs, i played 1.1 on clan matches, i played 1.1 more than enough, so please don't come with the

(10 Dec 10, 04:51PM)YourSister Wrote: so, is easy to say "this version is shitz" and leave the game.

Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 05:18PM)CoxA* Wrote: YourSister, how many tourneys (high-level ones), clan matches (high-level too), high-level players and more you see in 1.1 compared to 1.0 ? Nothing.

from MyS point of view, we simply can't find enough enemies, but we still have as many match as possible.
so you don't like the new balancement of weapons? well, in 1.0 (in matches) i saw ONLY sniper and smg, now i see sniper, smg, ar, and sometimes shotgun. in surv carabine too.
so what is the better balancement?
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 08:25AM)JMM Wrote: ...
Why?

Because the people in the town you live in are scared of trying anything new and they like being set in their own old ways and refuse to eat anything but pizza, and the only few interesting foods that there were have been banned by the country's health and food agency because "humans are not made to handle such foods and they may pose a health risk a small portion of the country's population".
Sounds more literally like the tiny town I live in than AssaultCube, lol.
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 05:38PM)YourSister Wrote: well, in 1.0 (in matches) i saw ONLY sniper and smg, now i see sniper, smg, ar, and sometimes shotgun. in surv carabine too.

For obvious reasons, shotgun weren't used in matches.
On matches that are with 1 min remaining for example, and you're losing by 1 flag, AR was generally used by pros to get quick on enemy's base, get the flag and score. Now i see AR as a killing weapon , it lost all tactics.
SMG was a easy weapon for noobs, hard for pros. You think that you got it , but you don't. Now it's the same skill by noob//pro.
Actually no one used Sniper back at the good 0.93 (but T-OSOK were quite popular in matches) and on 1.0 it became overused, and there were the pro snipers and the ones that tought that were pro.

I mean that every weapon has their own quality and their own defects, check the ACWC 2009 / 2010. You'll see how the real competition is , the competition that i'm afraid i will not see in 1.1 .
Thanks given by:
(10 Dec 10, 03:53PM)M__Stayla Wrote: in matches like 2v2 shotgun is one of the worst weapons :-)

So not true ;-)
Thanks given by:
Yoursister.

One question

What weapon you used in 1.0 in cms and public and which weapon you use now? Let me guess. AR?

You say that everything staying balance now, but I assure you that in a CF against us using AR you would never have the courage to use SMG, shotgun, much less snipe. Or you need try?
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 10, 07:55AM)W. Alison Rose Wrote: Yoursister.

One question

What weapon you used in 1.0 in cms and public and which weapon you use now? Let me guess. AR?

You say that everything staying balance now, but I assure you that in a CF against us using AR you would never have the courage to use SMG, shotgun, much less snipe. Or you need try?

i used SMG cause AR was OBSCENE, not enough bullets for me, only 15... now that AR is at SMG level i prefer AR for the riflesprint.

with AR u can go through depot based in 2/3 of SMG time.
Thanks given by:
People are leaving caus they got tired to play and lost their interest in the game, lots more are not playing anymore and didn't make any posts about it. That won't relle change much in AC, 90% of the regular players don't post on this forum and are not in a clan. As the recent episodes with the alternative 1.0 MS showed: the clan players are not the ones who keep this game going, AC truly belongs to the casual players and the numerous newbies.
The newcomers will form or join clans and will eventually come to know this forum and life goes on.

The reason I'm particularly not playing as much as I used to is caus I'm tired of fuckers that will do anything to win, the guys that instead of play and have fun go around looking for cheats, trying to beat he anti-cheat system so they can win a clan match and pretend they are pros.

No, I'm not leaving AC, but I sure am leaving the today's clan scene and I'm good only playing matches with dudes I know and trust (thank god there is still plenty of them :)
I rather have fun with noobs on pubs than play with the several "pro" cheaters that AC as today.
Thanks given by:
Well, players come players go. That's how life goes and the reasons are as plenty as the number of people and not neccessarily related to occasional changes to the game...

In my opinion, the more interesting question would be what makes people dedicate themself to such an OS project, spending a good share of their resources (time, skills, whatsoever) on it.

Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 10, 12:33PM)YourSister Wrote: i used SMG cause AR was OBSCENE, not enough bullets for me, only 15... now that AR is at SMG level i prefer AR for the riflesprint

with AR u can go through depot based in 2/3 of SMG time.

The AR quite simply should not be at the same level of the SMG, it has the huge advantage of rifle sprinting as you have stated therefore it should be weaker in combat otherwise it is the only choice and makes the smg pointless.
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 10, 02:40PM)TheCrema Wrote: The reason I'm particularly not playing as much as I used to is caus I'm tired of fuckers that will do anything to win, the guys that instead of play and have fun go around looking for cheats, trying to beat he anti-cheat system so they can win a clan match and pretend they are pros.

the cheaters are the newbies, i very rarely saw cheats in clan matches (and the only totally sure was 1 time, in 1.04, cS clan). this is probably one of the more clear games ever.
Thanks given by:
No, this game is FAR from clear, VERY FAR and now is even worst than before, ppl are circumventing the anti-cheat, using wallhacks and weapon subtle hacks like there is no tomorrow but since we do have an anti-cheat in place and they are not getting caught, they can walk free and brag about how pro they are and how everything is all good...

And of course, this comment couldn't had come from anywhere else them from a MyS member, I'm done being nice with you ppl, go on play your "clean" matches and don't waste my time talking bs!

Thanks given by:
[Image: PO7020B~Shit-Happens-Posters.jpg]
Thanks given by:
(11 Dec 10, 11:06PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: [Image: PO7020B~Shit-Happens-Posters.jpg]

F1

(This thread is getting offtopic and I've got my answer. Can it be closed?)
Thanks given by: