Ar vs Smg
I was wondering which gun do you guys prefer the ar or the smg. I want to pick one of the two gun and master it. I like the ar for long ranges but the smg is good for close quarter and it has lower recoil. So I'm still deciding which one to pick and keep it as my main weapon.

Any suggestions?
Thanks given by:
Depends your playing style. What I usually do in these kinds of situations is like maybe use for 1 week only the assault rifle, and then the same goes with the sub-machine. After that I can guarantee you will have an idea of what gun suits you better. I know you want a "this or this" answer but for this kind of stuff, it doesn't work that way.
Thanks given by:
AR: 24 damage/shot, 120 ms delay = 8.33 shots/second, 200 damage/second
SMG: 15 damage/shot, 80 ms delay = 12.5 shots/second, 187.5 damage/second

AR is more accurate.
And you can rifle sprint and jump much better with it.

And yet, for some reason I still use SMG...
Thanks given by:
AR is best 4 me. Though I sometimes use a shotty when the snipers start to anger me :)
Thanks given by:
http://forum.cubers.net/thread-35.html
Thanks given by:
I don't use one weapon I use ALL weapon! Technically though I am a lethal weapon so the need to choose main weapon seems superfluous when you think about it.
Thanks given by:
If you're playing 1.1 use the AR, it's way more powerful and better than the SMG in every aspect.
Thanks given by:
Lies all LIES!! SMG WIN ALL!! Castiel I challenge you to a duel!
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 10, 08:12AM)MorganKell Wrote: Lies all LIES!! SMG WIN ALL!! Castiel I challenge you to a duel!

I can't use the AR, play anybody who is even remotely good with it and they will win
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 10, 08:12AM)MorganKell Wrote: Lies all LIES!! SMG WIN ALL!! Castiel I challenge you to a duel!

I challenge you to a battle of AR and SMG. Let the glorious days of AR begin!
Thanks given by:
(09 Dec 10, 09:41AM)pweaks Wrote:

I challenge you to a battle of AR and SMG. Let the glorious days of AR begin!

what about when 1.1.0.5 is released?
Thanks given by:
1105 SMG will do 15.5 damage per shot, adding up to 193.75 damage/second. Still not as much as AR.
(At 16 damage per shot, it would be exactly equal to the AR [200 damage/second].)
Thanks given by:
i dunno, but Chuck Norris duel wields BOTH!
Thanks given by:
Depends on the map for me.
If it's a long range map, then I stick with the AR.
Everthing else, SMG.
Thanks given by: