Should ANY headshot be OHOK?
a friend of mine today said it would be good idea to make any headshot a one hit kill. and i innitially disagreed but then i thought that it might promote better aiming skills with all weapons.

meaning a headshot with any weapon would give a gib (apart from shotgun, cos that would be silly)

downside to that is, it kinda takes the true fun out of sniping. could be wrong.

what do you guys think?
Thanks given by:
Oh I see. Headshots with any weapon? Not a chance.
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 10, 09:03PM)mykegregory Wrote: downside to that is, it kinda takes the true fun out of sniping.

Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 10, 09:04PM)Mael Wrote: Oh I see. Headshots with any weapon? Not a chance.

how come?, i know for a slower paced game it would be madness. but AC is a very fast paced arcadic game, it would be harder to hit people at speeds in the face.

Thanks given by:
The only weapon that would be any use would be the smg. Opportunity for an instant kill every 0.08 seconds. There'd be no need for ammo boxes, armor/health would be destroyed, and the game would likely consist of smg rushing in games of CTF. It would be an ultra fast, zero defense, all offense game of near zero strategy. Not to mention, mappers who painstakingly designed their map for a particular tactic would never see their map's potential met. As a mod it could be fun to play at least once, but as an official release it would kill the game.
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 10, 09:46PM)Mael Wrote: The only weapon that would be any use would be the smg. Opportunity for an instant kill every 0.08 seconds. There'd be no need for ammo boxes, armor/health would be destroyed, and the game would likely consist of smg rushing in games of CTF. It would be an ultra fast, zero defense, all offense game of near zero strategy. Not to mention, mappers who painstakingly designed their map for a particular tactic would never see their map's potential met. As a mod it could be fun to play at least once, but as an official release it would kill the game.

very well typed!

Thanks given by:
Or maybe the exact opposite. I imagine it would rather become a camping fest.
Thanks given by:
holy heck, you wouldn't be able to get a bullet in edgewise.
Thanks given by:
Nein!
Thanks given by:
"It would be an ultra fast, zero defense, all offense game of near zero strategy."

Thats how it is now.
I think it would make a good -mode- like osok or lss, lets call it umm aghs (any gun head shots) kk?
Thanks given by:
I agree with this idea. Also while we are at it lets make gibs worth 10 kills! :O

Never Gonna Happen
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 10, 09:30PM)mykegregory Wrote: ...but AC is a very fast paced arcadic game...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm sorry I'm sorry, I really am. I just couldn't help giving into a fit of insanity inducing laughter at that statement. It used to be very fast paced. It used to be an arcadic game. AC has turned into a time warp. It's like one big never ending combat boost from Perfect Dark.

All sex induced rants aside automatic weapons don't deserve headshots. They are FULL AUTO for a reason. Ty Cm Agn.
Thanks given by:
This has been explained several million times, but one obvious reason is that it takes away the one advantage that the Sniper has. Mael has explained it pretty well though.
Thanks given by:
What if you modified the server like knife only lss but with headshot only T/OSOK, which would work if it only counted headshots and if you hit them in the chest,arm etc. It would not register?

I like the idea.
Thanks given by:
I think most of AC players are playing ac cause it is like it is. We should leave the gameplay how it is.
Thanks given by:
Combat Arms has that and its been pretty bad. Aimbot hackers, then people yell "lotto" whenever they get headshots. Luck over skill...
Keep the game nice and balanced the way it is :)
Thanks given by:
I think perhaps a pistol to the back of the head at point blank should be. It'd be funny to even have the gib effect. Haha.
Thanks given by: