Server Problem
alright i need some help badly.
My clan is wanting me to host a server. so i was like hey why not. So when i go to server wizard put the name in, admin pass, message, server port and then clients, and rest blank. then it told me to press enter, and is said loading assault.cubers.net and it took about 2min and then is said WARNING: master server registration failed: failed pinging server.

I already saw that someone else had this problem and someone said your ports arent open, and they said to use a port checker program, well the program told me they cant reach it or something. i have no clue what port to open and i looked at the cubes server guide and to me its all mumbo jumbo. So help would be so so much appreciated.
thanks in advanced.
Thanks given by:
For the 1,000,001st time, if you connect to the internet through a router, this is the answer to your problems.
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 10, 08:25PM)jamz Wrote: For the 1,000,001st time, if you connect to the internet through a router, this is the answer to your problems.
im confused man, im sorry.
i need you to kind of step by step it for me please.
like how do i know if the ports are open or closed? what ports? how to open them? and whats TCP and WCP?
Thanks given by:
(05 Dec 10, 09:25PM)daRAMpage Wrote: ...i need you to kind of step by step it for me...
Did you even click on the link?
Forget about open/closed ports - that's a misconception. If you're running a service on a port, eg. AC on 28763, that port is open. If you're not running a service on a port, it's closed.
Your problem is that you haven't forwarded incoming requests that your router gets to the corresponding ports on your computer running the service. You need to forward 28763 and 28764 (if you accepted the default settings) to the local IP address of your computer (probably 192.168.1.x) using the UDP protocol. I don't even know what WCP is. portforward.com will, in all likelihood, tell you how to do that.
If you get the impression that I'm a bit tetchy, it's because this question has been answered (almost literally) a million times before, as you would have known if you'd searched the forums for "registration failed".

Thanks given by:
i feel like an ass lol, im sorry bout that. Thanks a ton man. your awesome. think i got it from here
Thanks given by: