Blackrayne mapmodel pack!
I have a mapmodel pack for you all :D

Note: i did not make the models, i just converted them to ac format and it wasnt easy xD (you can download the original models and much more at: blackrayne.net)
[Image: picture6tg.png]
[Image: picture4ih0.png]
[Image: picture5k0.png]

Link: mediafire

Thank you for downloading and goodluck modding folks! ^^
Thanks given by:
if i use these mapmodels in my map, will other people be able to see them in an online match???
Thanks given by:
good question? im pretty sure that when people download the map ingame, the models that go with it are downloaded too, they just cant put the models in their maps because they are not applied to the config files.
Thanks given by:
No, no custom content is downloaded. The only content downloaded is the cgz and cfg files.
Thanks given by:
nice mapmodels, but how much lag is there? those look pretty high-graphic-rendering-shit
Thanks given by:
is there anyway for people online to see the custom mapmodels in a multiplayer game?
Thanks given by:
Is there a license with this stuff?
And did you include it?
Thanks given by:
yes and yess! :)
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 10, 05:04AM)|DTF|TeD Wrote: is there anyway for people online to see the custom mapmodels in a multiplayer game?

Only if the other players download the custom mapmodels as well.
Thanks given by:
@jgan there isnt much lag, its just the textures that look good on most of them
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 10, 08:24PM)jakedisaster Wrote: @jgan there isnt much lag, its just the textures that look good on most of them

jack, those "textures that look good on most of them" are exactly what would make the game lag, specially for our players with old PC's. There is NO way to make an extremely HD-looking mapmodel that causes no lag at all.

Thanks given by:
well ok so stop asking questions and download the pack and give it a try.
i dont have a crappy pc, a have a nicely working mac, so stop asking me, i have better things to do, just answer your own damn questions by giving it a try
Thanks given by:
texture has nothing to do with it, Wolf; it's polygon count that makes a mapmodel kill your compy.
Thanks given by:
You're both right, vertex count is the most important figure, but texture resolution also matters (ever heard of "texture fill rate"?). However, I doubt that this would be important here, unless you had a 4096² texture.
Thanks given by:
(04 Dec 10, 11:47PM)jakedisaster Wrote: well ok so stop asking questions and download the pack and give it a try.
i dont have a crappy pc, a have a nicely working mac, so stop asking me, i have better things to do, just answer your own damn questions by giving it a try

Jakedisaster. You are stressing my patience to it's very limits, seriously.

If YOU have no clue what YOU are doing, don't get on people asking reasonable questions concering the media which YOU are providing. This pretty much looks like the smartass getting caught pantsdown clueless...

And so again:

1) No, additional media is NOT sent ingame via sendmap/getmap. In this respect any user needs to manually download/install custom media in order to see it ingame.

2) Models can cause bad performance by beeing high on polygones AND by having high resolution graphics. In this case the latter case doesn't apply. The skin sizes seem ok, but most of those models are high poly as any halfway skilled modeller could guess from looking at the screenshots already.

3) Even though the included license reads like a joke, I see no issue there according to how the original author distributes his works.

4) Do not include files which will overwrite default files! Do not put a default-map-cofigs.cfg and no menu.cfg in there. What the hell? Either deliver the whole package as a MOD or add an exhibition map, which's config file can be used as example.

Finally, Jake. Please will YOU stop beeing ignorant like that and stop YOUR pseudo-good-intentions attitude. You're causing more damage by providing faulty media accompanied by faulty or simply nonexistent documentation then anyone would have without the media at all.

---on topic---

I personally do not recommend to use most of such models for obvious reasons. They aren't compatible with low-end-computers and don't even fit AC's setting. In case you're not sure whether or not you may use this or that, better just leave them out.

Mappers, keep in mind a model won't make your map, whatever great it may look like.

Quote from Map Desing:
Quote:3.4 Default and custom media

Using additional textures, skymaps, sounds or mapmodels, in one word media, can be a cheap method to gain originality. Unfortunately it’s not that simple. There are at least two things which need to be considered.

- Any additional content must add significant benefit

The default media is covering most of the supposed AssaultCube themes’ elements and as long as you can resemble your core elements with it, there is hardly a point in adding anything. You may always try to build your map with those at first, except you already figured particular core elements aren’t provided and would look way too abstract trying to build them with given possibilities. In case, your map will significantly benefit from additional content, don’t hesitate.

- Keep it homogenous

Whenever you look for new media or even create such yourself keep in mind that AssaultCube has a commonly accepted style. You’ll have to use media which will match this style best in order to prevent it from feeling totally out of place. AssaultCube is pseudo-realistic, which here means, that all media should resemble items which can be found in reality, while on the other hand, there’s no point in having super realistic looking media which won’t match the default stuff.
Thanks given by:
hehehe, well shit. im just doing it how i see the mapmodels on akimbo when i downloaded them, i thought i stuck to the rules but i was wrong apparently. MY BAD! sry about the last post, i was distracted with something else. and ya cant say i no nothing of what im doing, i just dont post it in the correct format. and i dont know how to answer poeple questions when they ask if it slows their comp down.
Thank you for showing me the right way to post a mapmodel pack, although, it was more of a rant than reading me the rules, its the same damn thing you did on my source code post but wtvr, im getting a pc soon so ill be modding counter strike. i have it in that format because it doesnt work as a mod. Dont know why but i figured out how to make it work.
so thnx again for "helping" me out a little.
i will probably post just my new maps that i made with this mapmodel pack, and help out a bit more with real assault and ill be outa your hair.

Thanks given by: