Left Right and Standstill Slow Mo 1.1.0.4
I don't have the time to look through fourteen pages of threads on a 56k modem. Sorry if this is a waste of space. :/
Alright, When I straferun left or right, gamespeed is fine, as well as when I move straight forward. But when I strafe left or write without pressing the forward key, the gamespeed goes down (I estimate about 25% below normal). The same goes for when I'm moving backwards, or not moving at all. I installed some mods right before the problem started, but I uninstalled all of them to no effect, so I put them back. I even reinstalled AC, but that didn't do anything either. This is a really annoying problem, although it does make jumping pretty epic. All Matrix-y. Any thoughts?

Thanks given by:
Seach through your saved.cfg for any instances of:
bind W [forward; gamespeed (blah blah blah)]
bind S [backward; gamespeed (blah blah blah)]
bind A [left; gamespeed (blah blah blah)]
bind D [right; gamespeed (blah blah blah)]

If you see anything having to do with gamespeed in these binds, just pull em out. Or better yet, just copy and paste the following into your autoexec.cfg:
bind W [forward]
bind A [left]
bind S [backward]
bind D [right]

And anything else that may be in those keys will be wiped next time you start AC, (assuming you don't have conflicting binds further down in your autoexec.cfg)
Thanks given by:
I don't think you should worry that much since gamespeed can't be changed in Multiplayer. The problem is most likely between the comp and the chair but still, try what Bukzy said.
Thanks given by:
Does the gamespeed actually change?
Or does your FPS drop?
Or does it appear slower because of FOV?
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 10, 01:41PM)|BC|Wolf Wrote: I don't think you should worry that much since gamespeed can't be changed in Multiplayer. The problem is most likely between the comp and the chair but still, try what Bukzy said.

I don't play online.
Scared to get my ass kicked. :/

(29 Nov 10, 03:31PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Does the gamespeed actually change?
Or does your FPS drop?
Or does it appear slower because of FOV?

No, it's definitely a gamespeed problem. FPS doesn't change.

(29 Nov 10, 10:47AM)Bukz Wrote: Seach through your saved.cfg for any instances of:
bind W [forward; gamespeed (blah blah blah)]
bind S [backward; gamespeed (blah blah blah)]
bind A [left; gamespeed (blah blah blah)]
bind D [right; gamespeed (blah blah blah)]

If you see anything having to do with gamespeed in these binds, just pull em out. Or better yet, just copy and paste the following into your autoexec.cfg:
bind W [forward]
bind A [left]
bind S [backward]
bind D [right]

And anything else that may be in those keys will be wiped next time you start AC, (assuming you don't have conflicting binds further down in your autoexec.cfg)

THANK YOU.
Turns out the forward key sped shit up by 50%.
Once W wasn't pressed gamespeed went down to 15%.
I fixed the problem in saved, and included the binds in autoexec to be sure.
Again, thank you.

Thanks given by:
O_o how did your keybinds change without you knowing it?
Thanks given by:
(29 Nov 10, 09:43AM)ChaoticToSayTheLeast Wrote: I installed some mods right before the problem started [...]

Maybe he got pranked by one of your play-like-drunk-scripts, v-man! ;P

Thanks given by:
This is actually funny! Don't install scripts you don't know, especially if they look like:
alias hahaha [hahaha]
Thanks given by:
Heh.
I thought about that as I was reviewing the smooth-drunk script... XD
Thanks given by:
B-Man, tell me if you do, because I would love to fix up my current script to the fixed up version.
Thanks given by:
Hm, I reviewed it, but did not revise it. Are there any problems with it?
Thanks given by:
Nope, but if you do revise it, tell me ;)
Thanks given by: