Name changing.
So I'm sorry if this thread is a nuisance, I don't think it is (thats why I'm posting) but delete it if you think I could of put this on other threads. I found that the ones I could of posted it on had a flame war going on, in which I dont want to enter on. (example)
Awhile back I was playing on ac_desert on the camping allowed server (do not have the name nor any-other identification for it) and suddenly someone thought it was funny to change their name to mine and team-kill me. This is not mature in anyway, but it happens. Heck, I thought it was funny to copy someone's name (not team-kill though). He even went to the extent of trying to kick me for team-killing me (even thought I wanted to kill him, I didn't. Hurts my score, dont ya know?). The vote lost and I tried to counter kicked him. It failed so we went back and forth until I kicked him. Then he came back *process repeats*. I saw this happening with another player, named david today. It makes me wonder, is it possible to make a system to prevent someone changing their name to a duplicate name (excluding unarmed of course) in a server? Or taking it farther, having a name registration system (though I really don't like that idea, makes the game too less simple). I think it would make the game much more fun in the long run.
One of the most annoying things about this name changing spamming, is that other innocent players get spammed with votes to kick another player.
Thanks given by:
Actually only allowing 1 nickname (no more duplicates with (numbers) appended to them) to be connected to a server at any given time would probably be a great suggestion for 1.1, if it hasn't already been made. :p
Thanks given by:
It gets really confusing, the numbers could just be replaced with a tag showing who the original player was like "Ronald_Reagan (org)" Rather than "Ronald_Reagan (9)". Really, no one (that I know of) remembers the individual players with their individual numbers.
Thanks given by:
I've never seen that happen before, but I can can see it happening considering some of the non-forum community.

And of course let bots have duplicates.

(org) is a good idea.
Thanks given by:
Its only happened to me a couple times, I think I was in the community last time it happened to me. I know the non community members dont always know the community members.
Of course let bots have duplicates. Only if they want to you know.
Thanks given by:
It reverse happend with me, I joined a game just randomly and I was looking through the scoreboard and I see that there is already a TBR ReEses in the lobby. Going 25-0 and hacking, then I vote him up to ban him it fails and then I get voted to be kicked and it doesn't fail.
Thanks given by:
Its not that rare. Actually.
Thanks given by: