where is the source code?
how and where do i find the source code of ac
Thanks given by:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/actiongame/files/
Thanks given by:
yeah its the game, what are u tellin me to do?
Thanks given by:
What were you going to do with it otherwise?
Thanks given by:
just trying to learn the source code of ac for a project
Thanks given by:
Under files, you'll find archives containing the source code.
Click on it to download the tarballz.
Unzip the tarballz and you will have access to the header and cpp files that make this game what it is.
Thanks given by:
OOOOOH THNX V-MAN!
all right so im doing a small project with the source code and i need to know where to find where it states the weapons. like in the menu_settings script where it says nextprimary 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 i want to add more primaries with out making it a hack.

now before u jump to conclusions and say i am hacking i must fully explain exactly what i plan to do. i do want to add more weapons to the game BUT i am not changing things that could be against the rules like the rate of fire, damage (of course), or anything else.

i am basically duplicating the weapons but changing the models and sounds to give the user kind of an illusion of "more weapons"

i mostly mod becaus i have nothing else to do and i am not doing it to increase my upper hand when playing the game, to me its all about the variety.

so can someone plz tell me where i find that?
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 10, 12:07AM)jakedisaster Wrote: i am basically duplicating the weapons but changing the models and sounds to give the user kind of an illusion of "more weapons"

You don't need to modify the source to do that.
Thanks given by:
lol rly?

im trying to have like 15 weapons on the weap select menu but when u pick it, its just the profile of another assaultrifle but with different model and sound
Thanks given by:
Try this.
Thanks given by:
tried it, it only changes the skin, not the model

plus i want more weapons that u can actually choose from
in the menu and in the game thats all i ask

oh and uuuuuh i wanna know which src file the weapons are in?
Thanks given by:
If you cant find that out on your own it's very unlikely that you will succeed.
Thanks given by:
What Panda said. I can't really see your logic in getting the source without knowing where each thing is nor knowing the language.
Thanks given by:
i know a bit about the language, its not really hard to read, i just need to find where it states the paths of the weapons and add anther one to the list.[/align]
Thanks given by:
all I read was,
Hack, hack. changing things that could be against the rules like the rate of fire, damage. oh and uuuuuh i wanna know which src file the weapons are in?

Quote:Panda: If you cant find that out on your own it's very unlikely that you will succeed.
Thanks given by:
(28 Nov 10, 07:35AM)jakedisaster Wrote: i just need to find where it states the paths of the weapons and add anther one to the list.

You don't even need access to the source for that.
Thanks given by:
Deja vu?

Jakedisaster, please stop asking the same stuff multiply and start looking for an answer yourself before creating another thread.

Just for your interest, I personally see no reason to give a guy like you any help, since you're obviously expecting everybody to explain you everything, while you don't even bother to use your own brain...
Thanks given by: