Trying to play my map
I want to play my map on a public match or at least with bots, but I don't know how. When I try to make a poll for it on a public match, it says invalid vote. It also happens when I try to make a poll for pool carnage and twin towers. When I try to play it with bots, the map isn't there. I have spawn points, and it is saved. Help!
Thanks given by:
Load the map with /mode 8; map yourmaphere. Before you can vote for the map on a server, you must send it first. Use /sendmap yourmaphere. It must meet the quality requisites (see sticky).
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 02:58AM)Gibstick Wrote: Load the map with /mode 8; map yourmaphere. Before you can vote for the map on a server, you must send it first. Use /sendmap yourmaphere. It must meet the quality requisites (see sticky).

I tried that but it says that my map is "readonly". :O
Thanks given by:
hehe. what is the mapname...?
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 03:38PM)JGAN Wrote: hehe. what is the mapname...?

Why does that matter? If you help me get it on a server, then you could play it!
Thanks given by:
Because you can't overwrite official maps, smartass.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 04:36PM)tempest Wrote: Because you can't overwrite official maps, smartass.

exactly my thoughts. what is the name of the map?!?!?! >_<
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 07:24PM)JGAN Wrote:
(24 Nov 10, 04:36PM)tempest Wrote: Because you can't overwrite official maps, smartass.

exactly my thoughts. what is the name of the map?!?!?! >_<

The name of the map is "Four Corners" When I try to upload it says, "map upload rejected, four is a readonly map."
Thanks given by:
type
/sendmap "Four Corners"
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 08:54PM)JGAN Wrote: type
/sendmap "Four Corners"

Yeah but when I do that it says the following message in a red font: Map upload rejected: Four is a readonly map. <---- what does that mean?
Thanks given by:
you did quotations?

it that means that the server locked the map
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 09:25PM)JGAN Wrote: you did quotations?

it that means that the server locked the map

When I try quotes it says the map cannot be found. Why did the server lock the map? Did I break any rules?
Thanks given by:
no they just dont want it written over... i guess... open the map in ac and type
/savemap fourcorners
then go to a server and type
/sendmap fourcorners
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 09:44PM)JGAN Wrote: no they just dont want it written over... i guess... open the map in ac and type
/savemap fourcorners
then go to a server and type
/sendmap fourcorners

If I try to open it on a server it says invalid vote. What does that mean?
Thanks given by:
means that the vote is invalid. duh. >_<

open the map offline, type
/savemap fourcorners
and use that map
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 11:34PM)JGAN Wrote: means that the vote is invalid. duh. >_<

open the map offline, type
/savemap fourcorners
and use that map

Yeah, but then I can't paly anyone. Not even bots.
Thanks given by:
The server owner obviously does not have -mcrud in their configuration. :P
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 02:03AM)Bukz Wrote: The server owner obviously does not have -mcrud in their configuration. :P

What's that? And if I try it on any server it says invalid vote.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 04:05AM)KoOsH Wrote: I tried that but it says that my map is "readonly". :O

(25 Nov 10, 02:03AM)Bukz Wrote: The server owner obviously does not have -mcrud in their configuration. :P

bukz that means that he cant overwrite it, not that he cant send it.
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 02:45AM)JGAN Wrote:
(24 Nov 10, 04:05AM)KoOsH Wrote: I tried that but it says that my map is "readonly". :O

bukz that means that he cant overwrite it, not that he cant send it.

I just wanna play my map with other people, and/or with bots. What can I do?
Thanks given by:
For bots, just load the map with /mode 8; map yourmaphere. You can copy-paste
/mode 8; map yourmaphere
Also look up the game mode numbers in the readme/wiki because I forgot what bot team deathmatch and bot osok were.
Thanks given by:
(24 Nov 10, 09:09PM)KoOsH Wrote:
(24 Nov 10, 08:54PM)JGAN Wrote: type
/sendmap "Four Corners"

Yeah but when I do that it says the following message in a red font: Map upload rejected: Four is a readonly map. <---- what does that mean?

Make sure the map name doesn't have spaces in it or else ac cant read it :/
also try /sendmap four (then press tab to auto compile the map name)
if FourCorners or whatever you named your map doesn't come up from pressing tab, then i guess look in your maps directory and find the map and name it to what ever you want, but don't add spaces!
Thanks given by:
Quote:-MS Sets the required role for sendmap actions. The two possible player roles are 'player' and 'admin'. 'S' is a string of characters to set role requirements per action type. A lower case character enables the sendmap action for normal players, an upper case character sets the sendmap action to require an admin. If a character does not appear in the string, the default setting is used.
The following sendmap actions can be adjusted: c create new map (initial map upload)
u update existing map (with same or newer revision)
r revert existing map to older revision
d delete map (default: no one can)

http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandline.html

So the server would have to be configured with atleast:
-McuRD

For you to do the first /sendmap, and then update the map with future /sendmap
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 05:38AM)Bukz Wrote:
Quote:-MS Sets the required role for sendmap actions. The two possible player roles are 'player' and 'admin'. 'S' is a string of characters to set role requirements per action type. A lower case character enables the sendmap action for normal players, an upper case character sets the sendmap action to require an admin. If a character does not appear in the string, the default setting is used.
The following sendmap actions can be adjusted: c create new map (initial map upload)
u update existing map (with same or newer revision)
r revert existing map to older revision
d delete map (default: no one can)

http://assault.cubers.net/docs/commandline.html

So the server would have to be configured with atleast:
-McuRD

For you to do the first /sendmap, and then update the map with future /sendmap

I have no clue what that said... But how do I name my map? Do I just do it in my docs for ac?
What are quality requisties?

Mod edit: Removed redundant extra quote, and KoOsH, again, please don't ask the same question in two threads. The answers are harder to find. Look here instead.
Thanks given by: