Weird errors when running native_server (modded)
Heyo, I never thought I'd make a thread here.
Anyways, I finally got my source for my modded server compilied (yes, under a mod protocol). It got compiled under centos. I put native_server and native_client in the bin_unix folder along with linux_64_server linux_server and their respective clients. I ran server.sh, and got an error that I never saw before.
server.sh: line 55: /home/user/ACmod//bin_unix/native_server: No such file or directory
server.sh: line 55: /home/user/ACmod//bin_unix/native_server: Success
I noticed that it had a double slash between ACmod and bin_unix, so I copied the file and went to line 55, removed where I thought the slash was, and still got no luck. Same error, correct path.
modded.sh: line 55: /home/user/ACmod/bin_unix/native_server: No such file or directory
modded.sh: line 55: /home/user/ACmod/bin_unix/native_server: Success
I am terribly confused.

Notes:
I have been able to run non-modded servers.
This native_server has been run on centos.
I do know the path is correct, because I have copy/pasted it in a cd command.
I'm running this by "sh modded.sh" or "sh server.sh"
Doing "./modded.sh" gets the same result.
I may be noobin it up because I'm not very good at linux. Although, I haven't gotten help that works yet... so who knows.
Thanks given by:
chmod u+x ./bin_unix/native_server
Thanks given by:
Same errors. I just reinstalled it to make sure I didn't screw anything up. Same errors on both versions.
Thanks given by:
Then just start it manually and see if that works.
bin_unix/native_server -mlocalhost
Thanks given by:
Whats with the localhost? Should I try running it as localhost?
Thanks given by:
-mlocalhost basically means that it won't connect to the masterserver, which you probably don't want as long as you're just testing stuff.
Thanks given by:
Doesn't matter, its under a mod protocol. So I dont care. Its nicer to have it connect to the MS because the MS can sometimes tell me if there are errors, like ports already taken up.
How would you start it manually?
I got to
exec bin_unix/native_server -Cconfig/servercmdline.txt "$@"
That gives me the same errors, but now just;
bash: /home/user/ACmod/bin_unix/native_server: No such file or directory
bash: /home/user/ACmod/bin_unix/native_server: Success
Thanks given by:
Now I don't know why you're using exec (it's simply not necessary). Are you sure you have the necessary execute permissions on that file?
Thanks given by:
Yes, just did it yet again.
What would I use besides exec?
Thanks given by:
i got after compilation ac_server and ac_client in 1.1 but ofc in 1.0 i got native_server, are you using really new compilation ?
Thanks given by:
Yes, this is hot off the press, although made off of 1.1.0.3 code, I doubt the packages/sh files changed any.
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 02:12AM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: Yes, just did it yet again.
What would I use besides exec?

Well, nothing :)
bin_unix/native_client ...
Won't solve your problem, though.

Thanks given by:
I took the basic format from the sh file 55 lines down I believe. I have a feeling that compiling it on a different OS (although still linux) is what made it not work. Could this be the problem?
Thanks given by:
(25 Nov 10, 08:42PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: compiling it on a different OS
You mean, you compiled the binary on a different system than the one you are trying to run it on now? Well, that could definitely be the reason, especially if one is a 32bit and the other a 64bit system.

Thanks given by:
Ah, well I'll do a little asking and figure if these are different bit systems.
Thanks given by:
Why don't you just compile it on the system you want to run it on?
Thanks given by:
Not enough ram, I'm getting closer to that goal though.
Thanks given by:
lol and I thought you compiled it on the same machine :P
yeah, having different bit width would cause this output xD
Thanks given by:
... and I once though the main difference between Windows and Linux was that the latter had useful error messages... :)
Thanks given by:
Pump up the errorlevel
Pump up the errorlevel
Dance
Dance
Thanks given by:
I just compilied it on ubuntu, albeit an older version, yet it still has this problem. I am going to check and make sure the packaging is still correct.

(23 Nov 10, 05:34PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: It got compiled under centos...
This native_server has been run on centos.
Sorry, I thought I made it clearer... Turns out I haven't learned about proof reading too much.

Thanks given by:
(26 Nov 10, 10:59PM)Ronald_Reagan Wrote: I just compilied it on ubuntu, albeit an older version, yet it still has this problem.
It's not about the distro, it's about the architecture. I assume the OS (and processor, of course) you want to run is a 64-bit system. Try
uname -m
to be sure.
Thanks given by:
Ah yes, it is a 64-bit system. I really wish it had enough ram to save me all of this trouble. Well, I'll get back to ya'll if I have anymore trouble. Thanks!
Thanks given by: