Poll: Houses as map-models?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES!!!
21.43%
3 21.43%
NO!!!
78.57%
11 78.57%
Total 14 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

houses, as map-models?
Do you think there should be houses, as map-models?
Thanks given by:
I don't think the verb "should" should be used here, but more like "can". Answering your question, I think houses would be too heavy for the engine.
Thanks given by:
Houses can be made with cubes and mapmodels do not occlude so no.
Thanks given by:
Some kinda tiny huts/sheds should be quite possible, but not a proper house, no.
Thanks given by:
Hmm.. maybe a house front with a real door, windows and window boards. It should be around 36VE, but the texture will be kinda a problem, because it gots to fit into the AC-style textures and it has to be low res but not to lowres... so good luck trying it ^^

## By "real" I mean, that it should go into the "building", not that it's useable
Thanks given by:
YNO!
Thanks given by:
Another pointless poll...

However, a-slow-old-man pretty much explained how to use models for resembling houses within the Cube Engine (at least) without stressing it far beyond it's capabilities. Though, it's NOT recommended to use models this way at all, for the already mentioned reasons.

You, fox_ares, may get a little more familiar with the Cube Engine before starting threads like this, because by reading the docs you can find the answer yourself... ;)
Thanks given by:
Q: Do you think we should start a vote within any new thread?
A: No
Thanks given by: