[Solved] unable to install ac 1.1.0.4 in ubuntu 10.10
hey! just download ac. when i try to run ./assaultcube.sh i get the following error:
Your platform does not have a pre-compiled Cube client.
Please follow the following steps to build a native client:
1) Ensure you have the SDL, SDL-image, OpenAL, and OpenGL libraries installed.
2) Change directory to source/src/ and type "make install".
3) If the build succeeds, return to this directory and run this script again.
i have installed the required library packages(well atleast i think so). but still the error occurs. any help would be welcome. Thanks in advance!!
Thanks given by:
I do not know how up-to-date this is but have a look: Linux Support - AssaultWiki

A good guide that helped me earlier: guides:64bit:assultcube [LxGC -- Linux Gamers Codex]
A bit out of date, but you just change version numbers and stuff.

You do not need to install Assaultcube on Ubuntu.
Just extract the tar.bz file and run assaultcube.sh

I have made a «.game» folder in «Home».
In this i have extracted Assaultcube and added to panel the assaultcube.sh file.

Command: /home/username/.games/1.1.0.4/assaultcube.sh

Edit: Try dropping the «assaultcube.sh» file in a Terminal and see what errors you get.
Thanks given by:
Goto the assaultcube/bin_unix/ folder and check the client binaries have execute permissions, if not chmod +x them.
Thanks given by:
install "wine" in ubuntu , then download Assault cube (for windows) ,
and install it with wine :), thats how i did :*
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 10, 07:11PM)snake_eye Wrote: install "wine" in ubuntu , then download Assault cube (for windows) ,
You're not serious, are you?

@nikhil: Try to run
bin_unix/linux_client
directly (from within the main AC directory). If that doesn't work, just do what it tells you to do.

Quote:1) Ensure you have the SDL, SDL-image, OpenAL, and OpenGL libraries installed. (note: you need the -dev versions to build it yourself!)
2) Change directory to source/src/ and type "make install".
3) If the build succeeds, return to this directory and run this script again.
Thanks given by:
yes , im serious :)
Thanks given by:
You dont use Wine to install Linux software when you got native Linux software.
Thanks given by:
Yes it is working :). Allowing Executing files as programs for the bin_unix folder did the trick. Thanks all. Btw does using wine take full advantage of graphics card? well it doesn't matter for now atleast .hehe. see you in game.
Thanks given by:
In theory, yes. But the problem with Wine is that you never really know how (and thus how efficently and reliably) it does certain things.
Thanks given by:
tempest got ownd :D
Thanks given by:
(18 Nov 10, 06:18PM)snake_eye Wrote: tempest got ownd :D

No way. If you read his post, you'd know that he managed to get around it without using wine.
Thanks given by:
(17 Nov 10, 07:11PM)snake_eye Wrote: install "wine" in ubuntu , then download Assault cube (for windows) ,

I actually lol'ed.

You sir, are the master of Linux.
Thanks given by: