My favorites disappear.......
ok, when i play AC i choose my fav. servers but when i get back on they are not my favs anymore.........How do i fix?
Thanks given by:
Try connecting to any server after you've set up your fav's, then quit.
Add only one favourite to start with. I wouldn't want you to add them all only for it to fail again.
(If this works, thank GeneralDisarray)
Thanks given by:
Could this be another of the "Windows-Vista doesn't allow writing to install-dir, and no '--home=' argument was used" problems?!
Thanks given by:
Happens to me to.
Ubuntu 10.04.

Sometimes they are there, sometimes i need to set them again.
Thanks given by:
FWIW it happens (but not always) only when I add or remove servers to the server browser categories, which suggests the problem is that somehow the alias values are lost, corrupt, or just not saved on exit under certain circumstances.

P.S. Today I added some servers to my favourites and, playing it safe, did the above "connect/quit/restart" trick - worked alright.
Thanks given by:
Mmmh. That sounds like I'll have to look into it in some detail; thanks for that report G.D.!
Thanks given by:
I never have favorites written because that AC has no write permissions to that specific file. Which could be the case in some of these problems.
Thanks given by:
I had the same problem but

//to add your own favourites, it's best to copy this file (favourites.cfg) to your home directory tree (where saved.cfg is located), and then edit that copy.

fixed it.

Mac OS X 10.6.5
Thanks given by: