/connect idis.woop.us 8020 for some fun 1.0.4 action
idis.woop.us 8020 is still up and running 1.0.4 so I'm suggesting anyone who wants some old school action check in there until this matter is resolved (if it gets resolved). Hope to see you there.
uni.
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 02:37PM)uniJ00$ Wrote: idis.woop.us 8020 is still up and running 1.0.4 so I'm suggesting anyone who wants some old school action check in there until this matter is resolved (if it gets resolved). Hope to see you there.
uni.

uniJ00$, there is a dedicated 1.0 masterserver running, just check on HI-SKILL for more info.

Although not too populated (minimum player requirement is down to 4) as of yet, there are still some nice games going on, like yesterday:
[Image: 20101111231752acshinect.th.jpg] [Image: 20101111230227acpowerct.th.jpg]
Thanks given by:
Thanks for the info. Just checked it and there is nobody there. Nada. I guess ppl don't know it.
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 02:51PM)uniJ00$ Wrote: Thanks for the info. Just checked it and there is nobody there. Nada. I guess ppl don't know it.

Yep, it'll just take some time. Would be nice if this were at least stickied somewhere for people to see so they would go and have their 1.0 fun and stop being so abusive towards the decisions the devteam made :)
Thanks given by:
Well, that begs the question why didn't the dev team just make some clear provision like this?
Thanks given by:
Haha... And again...

You guys seriously don't understand why there is absolutely no point in promoting outdated issues? What was the point in making new ones then? Eh? Eh? Someone?

I don't think so.

Have fun with your old servers, I don't mind at all, but please don't expect the developers to sabotage their own game...
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 03:17PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Haha... And again...

You guys seriously don't understand why there is absolutely no point in promoting outdated issues? What was the point in making new ones then? Eh? Eh? Someone?

I don't think so.

Have fun with your old servers, I don't mind at all, but please don't expect the developers to sabotage their own game...
Well, I was never going to go this far, had they not sabotaged my late-night 1.0 pubs... (=> creating issues)
Thanks given by:
Hehe, I do hope this is a joke. Well, if not I could laugh even louder...
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 03:31PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Hehe, I do hope this is a joke. Well, if not I could laugh even louder...
And where do you think it is I am joking?
Thanks given by:
Jesus...

So, what would YOU have done if anyone asked YOU to sabotage YOURSELF?

Actually, you just complained about SOMEONE ELSE had sabotaged YOU. (Which is the only real sabotage here, since strictly spoken you can't sabotage yourself, which was meant to outline the absurdity even more, by the way).
According to this reaction I highly doubt YOU would have agreed on sabotaging YOURSELF. So why should the devs?

Thanks given by:
... a sudden shutdown without any opinion of the players of 1.0...

It's called sabotage:
"# A deliberate action aimed at weakening an enemy through subversion, obstruction, disruption, and/or destruction."

But, now since you went onto definitions... well, they just did ["sabotage" themselves] if you didn't notice. Why are all these [negative] discussions popping up since yesterday?
Thanks given by:
Yeah, it's total destruct ;(

Clan Matches CANNOT possibly be found on the 1.0 version anymore..

AssaultCube destructed for.. many :(
Thanks given by:
Oh come on Drakas. A sudden shutdown? Are you kidding? No opinions of players which got stuck on 1.0 for whatever reasons taken into account?

You seem to miss what's going on in here.

Version 1.1.0.3 was released 10th Oktober. A month ago ! How does the shutdown of the old MS appear to be sudden? I'd rather called it a 'delayed' shutdown.

With 1.1.0.3 several concerns about the 1.1 changes have been considered, just like the power of amour and as far as I am aware makkE keeps asking all players to state their opinion on the game in order to satisfy everybody as well as possible in the future.

Instead of trying to blackmail the devs to allow for multiple MSs you may take your chance to actively contribute to discussions about gameblance and whatever maybe the roots for all the hate against 1.1...

Thanks given by:
What's wrong with playing outdated versions of games?

I still play FIFA2002.
Thanks given by:
Is it a multiplayer game?

-edit-

Well, its seems to be. However, you still miss the point.

FIFA 2000 was a finished game when released. AC is still a work in progress and therefore progressing from one to another issue is required. ...and most obviously, AC is not a comercial game and even comercial games do not garanty eternal MS-support for their older issues.

Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 04:48PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Oh come on Drakas. A sudden shutdown? Are you kidding? No opinions of players which got stuck on 1.0 for whatever reasons taken into account?
Stuck :)

Well, I was playing one day and then the next day when I go to play, the list was empty. Is that not 'sudden'? Would've not been if a date were announced at least.

Quote:With 1.1.0.3 several concerns about the 1.1 changes have been considered, just like the power of amour and as far as I am aware makkE keeps asking all players to state their opinion on the game in order to satisfy everybody as well as possible in the future.
That's nice, then keep future for future... until the game is satisfactory, many players won't move. As for someone like me, who is a 1.0 evangelist supporter... :)

Quote:Instead of trying to blackmail the devs to allow for multiple MSs you may take your chance to actively contribute to discussions about gameblance and whatever maybe the roots for all the hate against 1.1...
I did, actually. But, whoa, makke, and now you? Is my text transparent or something? [Image: rolleyesy.gif]

If encouraging people to add to discussions means that they'll later be told that they haven't added anything, then I might as well tell you that you have contributed absolutely nothing (and the reality is quite opposite, in fact: you've contributed a big lot).
Thanks given by:
Drakas, I do not question your contributions. I do not question your attempts in explaining your concerns consturctively.

Though, I do question the neccessarity of this aggresive way of trying to keep 1.0 supported (or in other words community-splitting) instead of concentrating on the upcoming issues, which may solve those concerns.

Quote:That's nice, then keep future for future...

I actually prefer to focus on the future, because it's the time when I will be living... ;)
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 06:11PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Drakas, I do not question your contributions. I do not question your attempts in explaining your concerns consturctively.
Likewise, I was just pointing out a small flaw in your argument :p

Quote:Though, I do question the neccessarity of this aggresive way of trying to keep 1.0 supported (or in other words community-splitting) instead of concentrating on the upcoming issues, which may solve those concerns.
Aggression didn't come unprovoked, tbh...

You're right to question the aggressive ways, but:

Drakas@hi-skill Wrote:I won't get into too much detail, but basically, there's a big split in AssaultCube, between those supporting 1.0 and those supporting 1.1. The 1.0 side mostly believe either that 1.1 is a new game and has lost its competitiveness and only caters to lowering the skill level, or that the way that AC and its forums are being run as of recently has taken a negative deviation. In my case, it's both.

I'll stop being aggressive, so long as there's no provocation. I hope others also stick to that, especially the both sides ("adapt or die, you cheaters" vs. "1.1 sucks").

Quote:
Quote:That's nice, then keep future for future...

I actually prefer to focus on the future, because it's the time when I will be living... ;)
Not exactly what I meant... but doesn't matter so much ;)

peace
Thanks given by:
What we need to do to you support the 1.1 and help us to improve it, Drakas?
(This implies we will not talk about 1.0 anymore).

Tell me, please.
Thanks given by:
Drakas, in some ways is supporting 1.1 since he has a couple of hi-skill servers there since the beginning...
And if people wanna stay playing 1.0, they can knock themselves out, but here would not be the place to advertise an alternative 1.0 MS, you have plenty of visits on hi-skill site Drakas, you posted there, those who play your ladder and like 1.0 know about it and are happy. So I don't get why is all these commotion here for...
As for the 1.0's being shut down, If you look around on these forum, the devs said some weeks ago that their days were numbered, I don't relle see the need for a countdown.
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 06:58PM)Brahma Wrote: What we need to do to you support the 1.1 and help us to improve it, Drakas?
(This implies we will not talk about 1.0 anymore).

Tell me, please.

(12 Nov 10, 07:12PM)TheCrema Wrote: Drakas, in some ways is supporting 1.1 since he has a couple of hi-skill servers there since the beginning...
Well, it's passive support, I'd say. But now after a majority vote in HI-SKILL, it's decided that I'll try to keep 1.0 and 1.1 fully supported, not passively, on HI-SKILL.

I'll be happy to help out in my own ways (I rarely tell what I'm up to in public ;)), so long as there are no provocations.

Quote:And if people wanna stay playing 1.0, they can knock themselves out, but here would not be the place to advertise an alternative 1.0 MS, you have plenty of visits on hi-skill site Drakas, you posted there, those who play your ladder and like 1.0 know about it and are happy.
Positively said, but even when you have a few hundred active players, getting a server to even be half-full now is a challenge.
Quote: So I don't get why is all these commotion here for...
Well, the 1.0 players now can hardly form a game in public...
Quote:As for the 1.0's being shut down, If you look around on these forum, the devs said some weeks ago that their days were numbered, I don't relle see the need for a countdown.
Didn't see anything posted up... but didn't check the forum either.
Thanks given by:
Wah wah wah, take it to IRC. We've beat this horse to death.
Thanks given by:
IRC might be in fact a good solution, make the "1.0 channel" or something, so peps can organize some games and still have their fun with it...
Thanks given by:
I think a separate channel for 1.0 would just be more divisive. I don't believe anyone here really has an issue with players trying to organize 1.0 games so the standard clan chats will do.
Thanks given by:
Since they have a new forum already, they might as well do a channel too...
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 10:32PM)TheCrema Wrote: Since they have a new forum already, they might as well do a channel too...

Actually, about that...
Thanks given by:
I'm not being sarcastic or anything, Drakas...
I do think that if some are not happy with the new AC version or this forum, and they have the will and means to maintain an alternative ms and forum, they should go for it (like you did). It divides the community? Certainly do, but this outcome is better than having people being forced to play something they don't like or stop playing a game they love...
I'm sure some peps are happy with your initiative, some will hate it and lots won't even notice. I wish you good luck thou...
Thanks given by:
(13 Nov 10, 12:05AM)TheCrema Wrote: I'm not being sarcastic or anything, Drakas...
Neither am I... there was one already before you mentioned it ;)
Quote:I do think that if some are not happy with the new AC version or this forum, and they have the will and means to maintain an alternative ms and forum, they should go for it (like you did).

Quote:It divides the community? Certainly do, but this outcome is better than having people being forced to play something they don't like or stop playing a game they love...
Some people love both 1.0 and 1.1, and I'll be happy most happy with them.
Quote:I'm sure some peps are happy with your initiative, some will hate it and lots won't even notice.I wish you good luck thou...
Cheers!

Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 05:14PM)Mr.Floppy Wrote: Is it a multiplayer game?

-edit-

Well, its seems to be. However, you still miss the point.

FIFA 2000 was a finished game when released. AC is still a work in progress and therefore progressing from one to another issue is required. ...and most obviously, AC is not a comercial game and even comercial games do not garanty eternal MS-support for their older issues.

True.
Thanks given by: