Weapon firing makes aiming harder - is this a bug?
I'm not sure whether this is a bug or not clearly but its a disadvantage and create a direct effect on the quality of this game .the problem is when ever I shoot My avatar start to move backwards.this will happen as long as i keep shooting.this happens to every weapon except for the knife.I have seen some similar threads to this thread as well
Thanks given by:
That's intentional. It's called "recoil" and it's something that you have to learn to compensate for. Otherwise weapons would be a little too easy to master.

* eftertanke can't spell
Thanks given by:
You might actually call that kickback. Recoil causes the gun to tilt upward when it is fired, kickback pushes the player backward.
Thanks given by:
Oh ignore me
* eftertanke is a noob (and is overusing IRC tags)
Thanks given by:
It's an important part of gameplay, no matter what others tell you. For example, the kickback on the AR lets you move very fast in comparison with normal straferunning.
Thanks given by:
Also, chancx, please don't post a thread asking if something is a bug here AND post a bug report on Sourceforge. Thanks.
Thanks given by:
kickback's a great way of defendin yourself
Thanks given by:
Kickback & recoil or recoil & muzzle climb?
Thanks given by:
Kickcoil and reclimb
Thanks given by:
lol
Thanks given by:
You played too much realistic fpses. In real world only mighty sawed-off-double-barreled-one-shot-protein-salad-making-from-flesh shotgun can kick your arm enough to make you make one step backward.
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 11, 10:11PM)FleshyPod Wrote: You played too much realistic fpses. In real world only mighty sawed-off-double-barreled-one-shot-protein-salad-making-from-flesh shotgun can kick your arm enough to make you make one step backward.

Very true, for example: I don't know any gun on COD or MOH that makes you move backwards (kickback), but as far as recoil goes, that's a whole other story. In summary: Keep things the way they are. If you don't like kickback, then go play Call of Duty.
PS: Guess what IMMA SHOTTY TANK!
Thanks given by:
(09 Jan 11, 04:23PM)DES|V-Man Wrote: Kickcoil and reclimb
KICKCOCK AND REBLIND!11111!!111caps
Thanks given by:
Yeah it's a feature not a bug, but I agree some of it is kind of silly. Like the pistol actually moves me back. Seriously? Have the game devs ever fired a handgun before? And these don't sound like no Magnum .44s. I don't have any experience with rifles but I also question the kickback of the SMG and Carbine. And I didn't even lean back when I fired a Mossberg 500. What are you putting in those shells anyway? :P
Thanks given by:
Quote:What is AssaultCube?
[...]
Taking place in realistic environments, with fast, arcade gameplay, it's addictive and fun!

There's a reason why it's "realistic environments" and "arcade gameplay" in that introduction text. ;)
Thanks given by: