Poll: Do you want to bring back 1.0?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
YES
53.92%
55 53.92%
NO
45.10%
46 45.10%
0%
0 0%
0.98%
1 0.98%
Total 102 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Petition to bring back AC v 1.0
(11 Nov 10, 01:33PM)makkE Wrote:
(11 Nov 10, 10:00AM)Drakas Wrote:
(11 Nov 10, 09:59AM)pakit Wrote: life is an evolution.adapt or die is the life.
Adapt to suckiness? nty

evolution, lol.

Here's your chance for some constructive criticism and discussion about the next version, in the right place at the right time.

Oh, I forgot, you can't be arsed to use this forum like everyone else, so maybe I should ask for a personal audience first? I will bring a chisel and some stone tablets.
I had a good chance to give suggestions, in the previous forum (oh, you don't remember what it is?). You just plain straight ignored it like an ordinary politician.

Makes me sick that I wasted so much time trying to help and being told I'm unconstructive. Shameful.
Thanks given by:
You can reiterate them, because you've shown a lot of self restraint compared to other people.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 01:49PM)Gibstick Wrote: You can reiterate them, because you've shown a lot of self restraint compared to other people.

But Kiwi already has them all, as does makke and flowtron, no? :)
Thanks given by:
Those who shout louder (in this community) are heard better.
Unless you shout the wrong stuff.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 01:52PM)Gibstick Wrote: Those who shout louder (in this community) are heard better.
Unless you shout the wrong stuff.

[Image: oldforums1282555590402.th.png]
No.
(11 Nov 10, 01:33PM)makkE Wrote:
(11 Nov 10, 10:00AM)Drakas Wrote:
(11 Nov 10, 09:59AM)pakit Wrote: life is an evolution.adapt or die is the life.
Adapt to suckiness? nty

evolution, lol.

Here's your chance for some constructive criticism and discussion about the next version, in the right place at the right time.

Oh, I forgot, you can't be arsed to use this forum like everyone else, so maybe I should ask for a personal audience first? I will bring a chisel and some stone tablets.
Haha, yeah, I've found a screenshot! :)

Even though it probably accounts for 1% of what I've suggested, still, I've at least screencapped it!
[Image: sugg.th.png]

Am I screaming out of my ass and being unconstructive? Or are you lying out of your ass and trying to make me look like I have contributed absolutely nothing and am just trying to make a mess?

I bet you've never seen that post in your life... you don't actually read my suggestions.

Thanks for getting rid of the previous forum, of course. Nice how thousands of our posts just went into thin air. Thanks Kiwi for telling truth to everyone requesting a forum.

I volunteered to write forum software before we moved out of Vanilla, volunteered to make a static archive if I'm given the backup data (without e-mails/hashes, of course). But no, for some reason. What can one do when they're giving so much and at the same time are being trashed?
Thanks given by:
Drakas made proofs of his honesty and he deserves consideration because he made many people like this game (with this or this).

If so many ideas were lost, then give a good reason not to give archives of the old forums ?
At least ideas-related posts ?
Why not ?
Can we have a real answer ? Something else than a "no" followed by thread closing (Seriously RK, did you expect us to be satisfied by your answer ?).

It's better to give ideas but it's even better to be listened.
Thanks given by:
Very thanks for this Petition. Yesterday, i was desperate, but now iam hopeful !!

I dont like AC 1.1 and i wish me back the old version.

Mr.Smith
Thanks given by:
No one expects the Spanish inquisition!
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 03:33PM)Brahma Wrote: No one expects the Spanish inquisition!

O Shi...
Thanks given by:
This community continually amazes me through its absolute retardedness.

It's a fucking game. A game that is run and programmed by a small group of people who generously volunteer their free time towards improving it. Stop complaining and move on, or make your own god damn version.

Idiots.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 05:35PM)MusicMan10 Wrote: This community continually amazes me through its absolute retardedness.

It's a fucking game. A game that is run and programmed by a small group of people who generously volunteer their free time towards improving it. Stop complaining and move on, or make your own god damn version.

Idiots.
stop eat brahma stick

Thanks given by:
Being a troll, I supposedly hate the devs more than anyone else in this game. Despite this, I can realize when people are being retarded.

Eat a dick Drakas.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 05:39PM)MusicMan10 Wrote: Being a troll, I supposedly hate the devs more than anyone else in this game. Despite this, I can realize when people are being retarded.

Eat a **** Drakas.

there is no need for that, people who dont agree can be friendly this is the AC community not a flammer's vent, mind keeping those kinds of remarks to yourself?
Thanks given by:
Since this thread fell in a phallic discussion, I believe there is nothing more to add here.
Thanks given by:
It’s all a bit sad really.
Many of those who have posted condemning 1.03 I don’t recognize from the game in any of its issues and I’ve played them all. I’m not convinced that many of these dissenters know enough about the history, the community and the nature of this game to be taken seriously and if they choose to leave then to me and other veterans I doubt it will be any great loss.

Personally I miss not seeing some of the great veteran players and community contributors on the 1.03 servers. It’s this aspect of this division that I feel sad about, not the changes in game play which can be adjusted in the future; such bitter divisions in the community are not so easily put right.

I personally don’t understand how what are relatively small differences between issues have given rise to such major disagreements. In the past when the community disliked certain changes in the game or came under threat from those who wished to see ac develop in a manner not endorsed by the dev team a great many of us stood shoulder to shoulder in defense of the game, Drakas, stef, makke and drian, even our friends from BC who rarely get involved in these affairs, some of us whined a bit, compromises were reached and we and the game moved on.

Maybe I’m wrong but I believe the day Brahma joined the dev team and acquired what looks to me like an unhealthy amount of power over the direction of the game and community the current state was inevitable. The simple fact is a great many veterans don’t trust and don’t like Brahma’s vision of the game.
One cant say Brahma hasn’t worked hard at his vision of ac and contributed a great deal to the game but there can be no doubt in my mind that with regard to the community he has brought nothing but division.

To those great community members and contributors to this game who have decided to fork the game, I for one will miss you and thank you all for the vast amounts of work you’ve put into the game and community.

(chin up Drakas mate, the knockers don’t know shit)
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 05:35PM)MusicMan10 Wrote: This community continually amazes me through its absolute retardedness.

Idiots.

(11 Nov 10, 05:39PM)MusicMan10 Wrote: Being a troll, I supposedly hate the devs more than anyone else in this game. Despite this, I can realize when people are being retarded.

Eat a dick Drakas.

I concur.

Quote:<BRA|MusicMan10> w00p is filled with lazy (Drakas), pretentious (Shorty), hacking (LiFe), cocky (Shorty), pricks (All except CoxA)
:) why, thank you... for volunteering to write very highly accurate information
Thanks given by:
hey, hey, hey, musicman, you're a chode.
Thanks given by:
You talk like I am the responsible for all changes from 1.0 to 1.1.
What is your problem, tipper?

The changes (and a lot of current bugs) began with stef. Also he was the first to touch the weapon table (changing the smg spread).

* BASED ON THE COMMUNITY REQUESTS: I added new weapon, the carbine (which I would like to be a weaker weapon, not balanced with the others). TBH, the carbine was already there!!! I just add some lines of code to it.
* BASED ON THE COMMUNITY REQUESTS: I fixed the hitbox.
* BASED ON THE COMMUNITY REQUESTS: I made a reduction in the pistol damage (to avoid fast sniper+pistol kills) and requested a higher precision in the pistol to balance it.
* BASED ON THE COMMUNITY REQUESTS: I made a fix to the nade spam (reducing the nade gib to one frag)
* BASED ON THE COMMUNITY REQUESTS: (With help) I introduced the jump.
* BASED ON THE COMMUNITY REQUESTS: I introduced (based on the work of eihrul) a central blacklist/whitelist to block dynamic ips.
* BASED ON THE COMMUNITY REQUESTS: I introduced the anticheats.

It was not me who changed the shotgun, or the armor, or made the nade pickup to one nade only, or changed the other weapon stats.

I am not the owner of the game, and I do not have the final voice over anything.

So, why do you burn me tipper? Are you retard?
You do not manage servers, or help to fix bugs, or help in any other way. You just complain and blame.

Please... stop to talk about me, and start to do something productive. Go work.
Thanks given by:
Lol @ that
Lol @ Shorty

EDIT# Whyd you have to post before me Brahma :D
Lol @ Shorty

wow
too much lol's
my bad
Thanks given by:
I don't think tipper was saying he's personally got anything with you, Brahma, just that it seems that whatever... I dunno. I think 1.1 alright.

As for fixing stuff... well, it's one thing to fix the broken elevator and another thing to replace it with a catapult. Just because something was changed to fix an issue, doesn't mean people will be happy.

Yes, people did want spamming to stop, but reducing the pickup to 1 AND increasing the spawn time AND (apparently?) making it less powerful make for an unwelcome combination and took away a big part of the gameplay.

Yes, some wanted to get rid of easy sniper kills, but with less damage AND a smaller head hitbox AND most other guns beefed up AND new armour pickups making for an easy combo counter... these all together kinda threw off the balance.

Yes, people wanted to get rid of hackers, but the amount of false detections... well you know the drill.

I'm not saying any of what you're done is in any way bad, I like 1.1 better, I'm just saying that while you've been fulfilling community requests, all other little changes together add up to a gigantic hairball that now the community is apparently hastily trying to cough out. Or like you said... small changes produce a big effect.
Thanks given by:
I honestly don't understand why the community is giving brahma so much hate.

1.) He has not given absolute power over the game's direction. He's not pushing anything that I or other devs don't agree on. Many things brahma implemented (such as the awards) were old plans from drian or me.

" [...] joined the dev team and acquired what looks to me like an unhealthy amount of power over the direction of the game and community [...] "

"Looks to me" is the point here. It looks very diffrent inside the dev team, you know.

2.) All significant weapon balance changes and the new armour system came from me, rather than Brahma.

3.) Brahma caught some cheaters. Big Deal. He has my backing on this 100%. The fact that he busted several "veterans" was sad, but not his fault.

So please stop this bullshit. Brahma is a good developer, and I can't see at all how he is supposed to "push his vision" upon anything here. Rest assured that he has not secretly taken over the power, as some of you seem to think.

I know the other issue you are pestering him about. There is nothing to worry about in that aspect. Your are falsely assuming that brahma's opinion is automatically the opinion of all devs - let me assure you: everyone is entitled to have his own opinion in the dev team. As long as everyone can work together in a friendly atmosphere (wich is more important than sheer capability btw *cough*).

So stop blaming Brahma for some obscure "change" you are seeing. It's just silly. Things simply change over time. Stop making him the scapegoat here.
If you want to blame someone for 1.1.03, blame me.

Also, tipper I think you are glorifying the old days a bit. Wasn't all as awesome as you put it, at least not inside the dev team.
Thanks given by:
Can you bring back the old font colours?
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 01:22PM)tipper|DES| Wrote: It’s all a bit sad really.
Many of those who have posted condemning 1.03 I don’t recognize from the game in any of its issues and I’ve played them all. I’m not convinced that many of these dissenters know enough about the history, the community and the nature of this game to be taken seriously and if they choose to leave then to me and other veterans I doubt it will be any great loss.

There is something really wrong in this. I care of the veterans as well as I care of any other new player approaching to AC life. A community is not a club.

And, even if I prefer the 1.04 (1.02 actually, I never found a mac version for the 1.04. the .dmg linked here and everywhere is wrong), I do not blame Brahma (or the dev team) for nothing.

I played 1.1 for a long while to give it a try. At the end I switched back to the older. I do not pretend that my feelings are objective, but the older is simply smoother. How to translate this in objective statements? I don't know, honestly. But I guess that if many players (let's say half of the majority of the good ones and 2/3 of noobs like me) have the same feeling, there must be something objective in it.

Those kind of almost tactile sensations do matter. If you work on GUI or interfaces in general you learn by experience that there are atmospheric sensations that are a result of the full set of factors but not referable in detail to none of them.
So what is giving to me – and to many others, please check polls here and on hi-Skill (btw, a very important place for this game, don't forget it...) - those feelings? We can adapt to changes, but what at the end happens in the game - as a result of the sum of the adaptations of the singles - can be unpleasant.

Honestly, pubs in 1.1 are noisy places: battles of shotguns and carabines, weird people jumping here and there, often "sticking" one to each other. The smoothness - the sensation of an almost liquid and flowing movements - is lost. Can we work on this?
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 02:08PM)makkE Wrote: I honestly don't understand why the community is giving brahma so much hate.

for me it's easy.since woop|life incident (i wont judge who is right or not),there is a personnal conflict between brahma and drakas.for me here is the real roots of the problem.the rest is only army of sheep that follow the guy that looks so cool.

i hope drakas and brahma will give to the other the respect they desserve because they are all 2 important and (i think) respectable personnality of AC.

stop this guys ;) you are an example for lot of young guys here ;)

Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 02:36PM)pakit Wrote:
(12 Nov 10, 02:08PM)makkE Wrote: I honestly don't understand why the community is giving brahma so much hate.

for me it's easy.since woop|life incident (i wont judge who is right or not),there is a personnal conflict between brahma and drakas.for me here is the real roots of the problem.the rest is only army of sheep that follow the guy that looks so cool.

i hope drakas and brahma will give to the other the respect they desserve because they are all 2 important and (i think) respectable personnality of AC.

stop this guys ;) you are an example for lot of young guys here ;)
Since wolf *... in case you didn't know ;)

Thanks given by:
idis.woop.us 8020 is still up and running 1.0.x so I'm suggesting anyone who wants some old school action check in there until this matter is resolved (if it gets resolved). Hope to see you there.
uni.
Thanks given by:
I like 1.1 a lot better aswell and I see nothing thats wrong with it. What I see are a lot of people complaining (nothing wrong about that, its just the way they're doing it!) about changes that were requested by the community (in the old forums ...) but many of these players didnt test the svn of 1.1.0.1 and now whine because the changes were not as they wanted them to be like.

Just live with the changes, play 1.1 and use the ideas thread to suggest new ideas and changes that could be made to make the game more enjoyable for you again... srsly. How are the devs supposed to publish a new version that a major part of the community likes if only very few players give constructive criticism before its too late?!

Thanks given by:
@ Brahma
Try reading my post again Brahma.
And please, don’t call me a retard, or suggest what I should be doing with my time.
You’re supposed to be a developer, not some ignorant troll abusing forum members.

If you can’t give an intelligent and relevant response to a post perhaps you should say nothing?
I didn’t mention anything about specific aspects of game changes did I?
What I did mention was your community contribution and your post above is a great example of your woeful attitude to any criticisms directed at you.

@makke
Yes, Brahma may well be a great developer; I don’t believe I’ve said any different.
If my post is read with a bit of care and the fact that I play the new issue one might see that it’s not the changes in the game I have a problem with; its Brahma’s attitude/involvement within the community as demonstrated above.

Nor did I suggest that the old days were “awesome”.
As to the driving force behind the dev team, sure makke, many of the game changes were discussed and under development before Brahma joined the dev team.
But, at some point the dev team pretty much abandoned the game for various reasons and it was only Brahma’s enthusiasm for the game that it seems that got the teams enthusiasm back. This isn’t just my view, its Brahmas view as well. I think I still have the correspondence from Brahma stating as much and I saw nothing at the time to indicate any different.

The fact is Brahma did revitalize the game. He put vast amounts of work into it compared to the rest of the devs at that time. Changes in the game play may well have been decided in a co-operative fashion but Brahma’s view of the community, the clans and veteran players has been different to what has been demonstrated by the dev team in the past. I think I have correspondence from Brahma outlining these aspects as well. So, given the current situation and the discussions I have had with Brahma in the past concerning the above my conclusions seem quite reasonable to me.

The point I keep making and that keeps getting brushed under the carpet with “do something constructive or stfu” (constructive being limited to practical applications only) is I think much of the current problems have less to do with the changes in the game and more to do with personalities and perceived control and direction. I cant see why this cant be accepted as a valid and constructive contribution to the discussion.
Thanks given by:
(12 Nov 10, 02:39PM)Robtics Wrote: I like 1.1 a lot better aswell and I see nothing thats wrong with it. What I see are a lot of people complaining (nothing wrong about that, its just the way they're doing it!)
Quote:Just live with the changes, play 1.1
Nah, but I'm not gonna complain since I found a solution anyway :)..

Quote:about changes that were requested by the community (in the old forums ...) but many of these players didnt test the svn of 1.1.0.1 and now whine because the changes were not as they wanted them to be like.
That's cool, it just happens that I know that I wrote in the previous private forum, repeatedly, at least a dozen times, "simply increase the nade respawn time... don't make it 1 nade per pick-up, don't ", for example.... and also "it's the attitude of players - nade spam is a problem in the players, not in the design of the game"... "simply increase AR to 20 bullets to fix all of the weapon balance" {seriously, balance is nearly perfect in 1.0 with a few adjustments.. I played shotgun many times in cups and won my matches with it against top snipers and SMGs... :)}, but some guys don't get my detailed explanations, based on strong experience of this game. And then they added the armours, which I objected to as well.

I really don't understand how the experience of some newbish players with nade spamming is more powerful than my experience of competing and running cups!
Thanks given by:
Haha... Some never get tired...

Well, maybe we really should downgrade AC and while we are at it, why not downgrade our VirusScanners, Operating Systems and any other software as well?

Sorry, but you guys kind'a asked for it.

Thanks given by: