AssaultCube 1.0.4 has DIED
(11 Nov 10, 04:37AM)Monas|SK| Wrote: I think you're +1.0.4 (you didn't play older than that version),so adaption makes no sense in this thread.

Are you stupid? Adaptation is exactly what people are mad about. They get mad at the armor values, the shotgun damage, the sniper damage etc. Pro tip: Think before you post.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 03:31AM)bballn45 Wrote: Another example. If I were to buy Modern Warfare 2 from the store and then a few months later, Black Ops comes out(which is amazing). Are they gonna just take down MW2 forever? No they are not. So why take down 1.0?

AC isn't a commercial game. Nobody is making money from it, save a few copyright illiterate fools on eBay.
Thanks given by:
And they're getting slapped even as we type. >:)

Whiners:
Go whine while playing some other game, and on another forum.
Thanks given by:
I've disliked you all with an intense passion bordering on maniacal obsession since .93 faded away. However it is pointless for me or anyone else for that matter to continue griping about the decidedly inferior version that is now being forced upon us because nothing we say will ever change anything. That said, and I smile if you caught my dripping sarcasm, your best bet is to switch over and keep playing. I've already started suffering from withdrawal and quite frankly once I sort through me personal life I'll likely be on AC-sizzle occasionally throwing down. Either way... if all you homeboys leave I'll have no one to play with.
Thanks given by:
<3 MorganKell
You can teabag me (in-game) any day.
GUYS. If MorganKell can adapt, you certainly can.
Thanks given by:
R.I.P | AssaultCube 1.0.4
Truly missed!
Possibly time to move on to newer things I suppose.
Thanks given by:
You (DEVS) people likely adults to understand simple trues... You should will apologize at least for that that simply haven't warned people and simply them have disconnected, You that fact should force to think that in games children play, and you (devs) daddy which has presented to the child a toy and has then decided to take away,game doesn't oblige to come on forums, on servers during game there were no preventions that servers will stop after 5 minutes, me has simply thrown out from game and back I already couldn't come, YOU are obliged to ADD ON BUTTON DOWNLOAD THAT "we don't bear RESPONSIBILITY FOR YOUR MENTAL CONDITION,You impose yourselves habits and these are your problems, they us don't concern, for the actions we don't answer, and to warn about it we gather NOBODY" All I can not remember that free in any way happens nothing, only cheese in a mousetrap,and your game is no exception
Thanks given by:
i only support this if pandel quits because of it.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 03:31AM)bballn45 Wrote: agree with Monas. Another example. If I were to buy Modern Warfare 2 from the store and then a few months later, Black Ops comes out(which is amazing). Are they gonna just take down MW2 forever? No they are not. So why take down 1.0?

Another thing about this is they have the money for the resources to keep it alive. I doubt the DEV's will have the time and resources to keep it alive forever.

Please just move on, say your piece and move on. IT IS THEIR GAME NOT YOURS.

Thanks given by:
Aye.
If you want to play AssaultCube, then play it.
If you don't, then what's keeping you here??
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 08:54AM)Freddo Wrote:
(11 Nov 10, 03:31AM)bballn45 Wrote: agree with Monas. Another example. If I were to buy Modern Warfare 2 from the store and then a few months later, Black Ops comes out(which is amazing). Are they gonna just take down MW2 forever? No they are not. So why take down 1.0?

Another thing about this is they have the money for the resources to keep it alive. I doubt the DEV's will have the time and resources to keep it alive forever.

Please just move on, say your piece and move on. IT IS THEIR GAME NOT YOURS.
They had to *go and remove entries from the list*...

It's a static file, for fuck's sake. All of this is well beyond retarded, in my opinion. Now I can't simply go and play some publics in a game that I love. What was I (or 1.0 players) doing to you? Nothing! We're in peace, we're not going and screaming in your face "go play that shitty game of yours".

Anyone with a brain knows that keeping up a static .txt file for hosting doesn't require any maintenance, doesn't cost to run. But no... interfere.

Well, thank you for slowly killing AC since 2009!

I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but there's not much I can really do against idiotic regimes.

Wait, why am I even writing here? I'll probably get warning points from Brahma along the lines of "douche". He can call you a douche through the forum but you can't. Oh no.... -.-
Thanks given by:
F1!!!!! to what Drakas said.
Thanks given by:
please keep the childish war between Drakas and Brahma out of the forum :(
Thanks given by:
Calm down all, there was enough time to give a feedback. Finally we have 1 AC.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 10:47AM)Alien Wrote: Calm down all, there was enough time to give a feedback. Finally we have 1 AC.

Yes, we finally got 1 Ass Cube, but no Assault Cube.
Thanks given by:
Drakas, you of all people have the resources to keep it going. Why don't you?
If they kept up a static server list, people would complain and want to get on the list. Not very fair, though nothing is it seems. Then they'd have to either add them manually or restart automatic registration - that takes resources, no?
(11 Nov 10, 09:17AM)Drakas Wrote: I'm sorry to disappoint everyone...

We never had any expectations; the only thing you had to do was move on.

(10 Nov 10, 11:49PM)Gibstick Wrote: Community run masterservers exist. You just gotta look.

Is no one looking?
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 01:02PM)Gibstick Wrote: Drakas, you of all people have the resources to keep it going. Why don't you?
If they kept up a static server list, people would complain and want to get on the list. Not very fair, though nothing is it seems. Then they'd have to either add them manually or restart automatic registration - that takes resources, no?
(11 Nov 10, 09:17AM)Drakas Wrote: I'm sorry to disappoint everyone...

We never had any expectations; the only thing you had to do was move on.

(10 Nov 10, 11:49PM)Gibstick Wrote: Community run masterservers exist. You just gotta look.

Is no one looking?
Of course, and I'm doing that. Except when I try to let people know where to find those resources, I get blown away by trolling pricks like this.
Thanks given by:
He just wants to protect his anticheat work, that's all (<_<). It's like inventing digital TV but having no one switch.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 01:52PM)Gibstick Wrote: He just wants to protect his anticheat work, that's all (<_<). It's like inventing digital TV but having no one switch.
That's a bad comparison; at least digital TV works, lol.
Still, I really don't care about 1.1 and what they're up to as long as they don't interfere with 1.0. But they do interfere, unfortunately... :[... you guys clearly don't want to get along.
Thanks given by:
I can only say it again:

Here's where you can actively help to make this game better.

I admit, in the past, we haven't listened much to the people's opinion when we introduced certain changes. (remember 1.0 ?). I can understand that some people have given up hope to be heard.
There's a lot that has gone wrong between the comunity and devs over the past 5 years, and I surely wish I could start over with the whole thing in 2005 again...

This time for 1.1, we were discussing/playtesting and openly documenting our development process for 1.1 in the forums, over a period of about 4 weeks. Our initial plans for changes were based on the an analysys of largest suggestion thread from the old forums. Those few that helped us playtest and discussed with us are generally quite happy with the outcome. Those who were not around, and didn't bother to playtest are now those that hate 1.1 the most.

I hate to see the playerbase divided like this, and I also feel sad that many people dismiss 1.1 as a piece of crap instead of helping us to make it better, or being passive when it was being developed.

I still hear people bitch about issues from 1.1.0.0 wich have been fixed in the successive versions, wich tells me that a lot of people didn't bother to try any version beyond the initial 1.1....

So, if you hate 1.1 - tell me why. I certainly didn't plan to break the game's feeling, all I tried was to make it a bit more intresting than smg vs sniper.
Thanks given by:
Stop crying and move on.

Thanks given by:
Hi Guys, hi makKE,

i dont like 1.1. couse its lame and i have a good PC.

I am a SMG Player. At the new Version, the Pumpguns have to much power. I love gibbing, and now there is only one nade.

The feeling of 1.0 is much better, more power, faster and more action.

Thats my opinion.

Mr.Smith
Thanks given by:
@pufig
You do not understand we (the devs) work for free for this game, and we want to make it better (98% of the people that try it, dislike it, so there is something wrong). The other 2% are divided between the past and the future. The future is "less cheaters" and "more balance". We did a lot of effort to remove the cheaters from this game (or at least make their population very small), and we are still struggling to find a good balance. If you do not like it, you are welcome to join the "98%" population.

@Drakas
You (and others) have my support to fork the game. I know you have the power, the will and the time to do it. Just talk to the artwork people, get the proper licences and go on.
This forum is to discuss AssaultCube things. And AssaultCube is 1.1 now.

Help us to make AC1.1 better, and stop to talk about 1.0.
We will not support 1.0 anymore. We will not spend our time with this.
Thanks given by:
(11 Nov 10, 03:52PM)Mr.Smith Wrote: Hi Guys, hi makKE,

i dont like 1.1. couse its lame and i have a good PC.

I am a SMG Player. At the new Version, the Pumpguns have to much power. I love gibbing, and now there is only one nade.

The feeling of 1.0 is much better, more power, faster and more action.

Thats my opinion.

Mr.Smith

yea, you basically said what i have problems with too, one nade, shotguns being too powerful at close/med range and for some reason it feel slower, even my movements feel weird.

i dont really have a problem with a weaker SMG, i only used< it to finish people off most of the time, after i failed with two nades, or ran out...now i spam the nades and go in
Thanks given by:
Well, the poll (which has been closed suspiciously quickly) suggested a majority of forum users are on favour of retaining 1.04. I think that needs to be heard. If the devs are not interested in maintaining it, is there anyone out there with the will and know how to keep a version up and running?
Thanks given by:
As far as I know, there already is. Poll is still open, btw.
Thanks given by:
makkE is correct, still open.

YES* 54.90% 28 54.90%
NO 45.10% 23 45.10%
Thanks given by:
funny how a game you made 2 years ago is way better than the current version. .93 FTW the 1 or 2 private servers currently in .93 are better than than like the 30+ in 1.1.0.3
Thanks given by:
Got anything constructive to say too?
Thanks given by:
Drakas made 1.0.4 the best game version,If we were obligated to pay in order to play the 1.0.4 version I would pay w/o thinking it twice.It's kind of funny to know that 1 person destroyed the game in a short period of time,I know some of you will reply "OK,bye." or "GTFO" but I think until this game gets a better version than 1.0.4 I would come back to play.I won't waste my time opening a new thread,i'm going to save forum space to say I quit to AC and i'll support hi-skill.

anyway thanks to devs for giving us 1.0.4 but I hate you for letting 1 person who uses lame software to make explanations destroyed the game.
Thanks given by: