1.04 AR grenade launcher muckabout
This is a real quick single-player mod I made to see what the AR would be like with a grenade launcher attachment. Windows only.

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?fil...9898638596

Simply extract and copy that over your normal 1.04 client. Be sure to make a backup copy first, though. Also, you'll need to bind "secondaryattack" to some key/mouse button to use it.

I also upped the ammo capacity to 20, and you can carry 8 grenades (just so you can play around a little more if you feel like it).

This isn't a serious mod, it's just an experiment I put a couple of hours work into. I made the suggestion a few days back that the AR be made weaker (1.04 stats and maybe 20 ammo) and given the ability to "throw" nades without needing to switch to them, just to give the SMG stats more room to fiddle around with while keeping the two different enough yet reasonably balanced. Anyone curious is free to try and see if the idea is completely silly or if it's like something you'd like to see in the game.
Thanks given by:
I like the idea of a assault-grenade-launcher. But I believe it should be a new weaker weapon, and we should not touch the current AR anymore. IMO, If you face a crowd, at short distances SMG is superior (as it should be in this condition)... at long distances, AR is superior (as it should be in this condition). In middle range, the difference is produced by the player skill.

What did you change in the client executable? Can I see the code?
Thanks given by:
Well... you can if you absolutely want to, but I didn't take too much time studying the code and it's a really dirty, butchered job... something that no dev in his right mind would use, this is just a demo piece. Also, it's buggy as hell - if you use the launcher while firing normally as well, you lose multiple nades at once, it doesn't work in multiplayer, you can't suicide in certain situations. I'm pretty sure that I changed more stuff that I should have, too...

Basically, what I did is create a "secondaryattacking" variable in the playerent struct, and created the "secondaryattack" command which is basically identical to the normal attack one (except that it manipulates a different variable, of course). This secondaryattack variable is checked every time assaultrifle's attack method is called (I did override it, i.e. copy-paste the code from gun's attack and add in a little if that checks if the secondaryattacking variable is set, and if it is, it calls grenade's attack). I also modified grenade's attack code so that if the selected weapon is AR, it will... well basically I ran around looking at the different nade-related functions and copy-pasting relevant looking bits of code in hopes of producing a working result.

Do you want me to actually upload the files I changed?

Thanks given by:
Trollololololl i love it

noob toobs all round
Thanks given by:
(05 Nov 10, 01:26PM)$hield Wrote: Trollololololl i love it

noob toobs all round
I had a chuckle IRL ^^
Thanks given by: